Coming Soon.... 2015 Honda Type R

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Think it's just a strange way of changing the exhaust sound. Can't see any valves for switching exhaust flow path, and it's way too far away from the waste gate for proper screamer pipe.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
From the photo Gaz posted, all 3 look to be splitting from the one pipe, so it couldn't be the wastegate. Unless it's a better way of packaging the silencers... Which i doubt tbh

Really, it's so the owners get to say they have the same exhaust as a Ferrari :p

Sam_FN2

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Civic TypeR
Struggling to work out what the centre exhaust end does on this new CTR. Seems to serve no real purpose other than to add unneccessary weight. Surely 2 would do? Form over function has ruled here I think, it used to be engineers who made the decisions at Honda rather than designers.

DSC05635_zpsnncmgrgh.jpg
The middle pipe is apparently a screamer/valvetronic exhaust which opens when +r is engaged

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
If you are talking about the new civic type r I dont think it is due to be released until 2018. The standard civic car is out this month.

Sorry I meant one of these turbo 2015 onwards type r's. I don't think I've come across one on the road yet, only one I seen was the one kingsway motors dunmurray had for sale last year.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Sorry I meant one of these turbo 2015 onwards type r's. I don't think I've come across one on the road yet, only one I seen was the one kingsway motors dunmurray had for sale last year.

There are a few on here I think and I know of 4 down my way.

David Patterson

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Type R
Yes there are a few about including mine. Not too many though and now they have stopped production they will be few and far between.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
The middle pipe is apparently a screamer/valvetronic exhaust which opens when +r is engaged

As said above, they're all splitting from one pipe so I wonder how that's going to work. I hope it serves some function and isn't just a gimmick.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
New production type r to be unveiled @ Geneva this year - what you see is what you will be getting.

I believe it will be available late 2017 for purchase but the Geneva show will confirm.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Not sure about looks yet, it's gone more saloon-ish than hatch but it does look a bit beefier than the outgoing Type R - the rear wheels in particular seem to sit better.

Multi-link rear suspension sounds promising after the torsion bar of the previous, should give it a bit more finesse in the handling dept.

As before, there's a lot of contrast in a light colour like white - black or dark grey one should look menacing. Like the interior styling.

80-gallery_1488794887_08_2017_civic_type_r_european_version_9778dbfc4ba5bb5393860bafb95d486a13c6f0eb.jpg

2017-civic-type-r-front-angled.jpg

new-honda-civic-type-r-02.jpg

2017-civic-type-r-interior.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They really could improve the looks of the whole thing if they ditched those wheels. The red stripe round the rim really lets the whole thing down IMO. At least they're easily enough swapped!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Interior (y).

Exterior (n).

No doubt they'll completely water down the production model again though...:no_mouth:

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
looks great in grey above there, think i could count on 1 hand how many of the current CTR's i've seen on the road in NI!

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
not a fan of how all these hot hatches are only coming in 5 door....as far as i know anyway