DrDetail.co.uk - Car Detailing - Paintwork Correction

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

brisa

RMS Regular
OP
brisa
Drives
eunos roadster \
I dunno how you drive a 1.9d version of that van... we had one and it was terrible! Detailing work looks well though - I wish I had the patience to do that sort of thing.

It is dire! lol it keeps me legal though as I can't actually speed!

gcs8

Drives
vRS Octavia
i had passed on your details to the 328i owner after nosing around the forums here (and i showed him the work you did on the scratched corsa!) - he is really really pleased with the results - he had considered a respray before this, but had never heard of 'detailing' :grinning:

brisa

RMS Regular
OP
brisa
Drives
eunos roadster \
thanks very much mate, turned out well if a little hard to appreciate with it being a light colour.

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
Had Louis out today fully recommended does a very good job very happy with the service

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
no time for pics if ur going to sell ur car .give this guy a ring when he is finished ur sure of a sale

Steveo@modifiedni

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3/Triumph
Just a wee quick note to say Louis came to my house early on Friday morning to clean the semi-dirty interior of mine and by god, I didnt realise just how dirty the interior was until it was clean (if u know what I mean)..

Great job, and yes Louis, buying some carpeted mats soon :p

brisa

RMS Regular
OP
brisa
Drives
eunos roadster \
Been a while on an update due to lack of working computer! Alls orted now and back to t'internet!

DrDetail has now got the use of a unit complete with lift aswell as offering a stand alone mobile service. Located in Dundonald so within handy reach of both Belfast and Ards.

brisa

RMS Regular
OP
brisa
Drives
eunos roadster \
Aye Ryans spot on, give me a wee shout if you want to have a wee chat about whats available.

Well this one was a bit special, a Fiat 127 Special to be exact. Something I have never seen in person before working on this car. It is a very clean example with only 40,000 miles from new.

Its had its share of paint as most cars of this age have which was a farily good job actually.

DSC_0259-1.jpg

DSC_0263-1.jpg

Paint was VERY hard, requiring 3M fact cut plus on a cutting pad. Refined down with megs #80 then any remaining trails (imagineary or not, I was sure I could see them) with dodo lime prime on a blue 3M pad. Some rids were left as I wasn't sure how much paint I was 'reliably' playing with.

DSC_0272-1.jpg

Never mind the smears/swirls that was after just FCP on a cutting pad.

DSC_0275-1.jpg

Single stage paint so I now have blue pads.

DSC_0278-1.jpg

DSC_0279-1.jpg

DSC_0281-1.jpg

DSC_0284-1.jpg

DSC_0289-1.jpg

After testing the lime prime, nice finish on the blue I thought. :thumb:

DSC_0298-1.jpg

DSC_0299-1.jpg

DSC_0308-1.jpg

DSC_0310-1.jpg

DSC_0312-1.jpg

DSC_0314-1.jpg

Deep state of concentration haha :laughing:

DSC_0317-1.jpg
##

The combo used on rest of car just didn't touch the boot! Called out the heavy guns for it. Wool pad, FCP then refined with #83 and lime prime with the rest of the car

DSC_0325-1.jpg

DSC_0328-1.jpg

PC out for the akward bits. :buffer:

DSC_0338-1.jpg

DSC_0340-1.jpg

DSC_0342-1.jpg

DSC_0350-1.jpg

DSC_0357-1.jpg

DSC_0360-1.jpg

Dodo and Naviwax (top stuff so far :thumb:grinning:

DSC_0361-1.jpg

DSC_0364-1.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

Any trim was done with 303 aerospace protectant. Class with Billy T's class cleaner :thumb:

Any comments and critisism you have, fire away.

To follow, bad E46 320d and a tasty MKV R32 :thumb:

brisa

RMS Regular
OP
brisa
Drives
eunos roadster \
No Steveo, lets subtley tell people about my new site haha WWW.DRDETAIL.CO.UK

Seen you yesterday going up ballygowan road, I was coming down you blind child.

Steveo@modifiedni

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3/Triumph
LOL, good man!

I failed on handbrake cable frayed offside rear - prob cos I park on a hill most days, I donno? and drive shaft gater split nearside front inner...

It passed all the brake tests, emmissions, suspension, headlights etc but not the inspection by the dude...

Awk well, getting fixed 2moro at 9:30 and in for test at 8pm!

brisa

RMS Regular
OP
brisa
Drives
eunos roadster \
Happy days, they seem to eat those gaitors. Lynseys has already ate one at 12k

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
Louis you'll have fun with my van its as flat as can be. I cant wait to see the transformation . It'll be good for before and after pics:p . see you tomorrow lad .

Red Head

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Le Mans
Great work man! Hope you get plenty of business and must all get out on the bikes in the better weather!

Jen

KJS

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Tiguan
Thats a excellent job Louis(y) (y) (y)
Once i get my paint work sorted might give you a bell.....:laughing:

brisa

RMS Regular
OP
brisa
Drives
eunos roadster \
Louis you'll have fun with my van its as flat as can be. I cant wait to see the transformation . It'll be good for before and after pics:p . see you tomorrow lad .

I love a challenge :laughing: won't be saying that after 2 days though :broken_heart: haha

Alright Jen, aye have to get out on the bikes. Its sorn'd at the moment as it was an unnecessary expence :worried: things are going ok now though so should be out for the 'better weather' whenever that is :p

Good job KJS, get it booked in (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.