EV and their range...

What real-world range would make you move to EV?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah I think any wee gripes I mentioned to the wife when comparing it to the big E tron were met with but its really nice looking 😂, she’s such an Audi fan boi…that and the range are hard to argue against.

The interior is just a slimmed down version of the bigger car and things like the black roof lining and half leather seats are a nice touch over the base model, exterior is nicer too with some additional styling and nicer rims.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I wacked the miles up on ours and it didn’t change the price at all. No idea what the limits are tbh.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Was chatting to a dentist friend yesterday that discovered they were eligible, but their mileage would be higher. Might be worth them pursing it then.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Have this on loan for a few days from Audi Belfast as our order is now in for one in the summer, same colour but in sport back body.

The Range is much better than it’s big brother 280 odd on a charge at this time of year, so I would expect a real 300+ in summer.

Nice driving thing and more nimble than than the original E tron as you can really feel the 2.5+ tonnes curb weight in that car even though it still handles very nicely. There is noticeably less power in the Q4 (200bhp) but ample as a family car and still gets off the line sharp enough. Its not as comfortable or refined as the bigger car either but I expected that as it has no air suspension and more rigid half leather seats. One thing about it though, drum brakes on the rear! I think that’s a thing now though with newer electric cars as most of the braking is done by the front stoppers, maybe saves a little bit on curb weight and a bit of cost saving too.

View attachment 356094
That looks great. I think that would be the perfect replacement for our S3 & Mini SE combo to go down to 1 car (plus the child’s 107).

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't worry about the brakes, the rears are just glorified parking brakes anyway.

A bit surprising on a big modern car though, they tend to use the rear brakes a lot for anything from adaptive cruise to stability control. I guess with electric cars that is all done using regen instead so no use for rear brakes any more. Other than a hand brake.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah the Q4 also doesn’t have the flappy paddles in the steering wheel now to let the driver add more or less regen, all built in now

big cyril

RMS Regular
That’s great! What sort of miles do the NHS leases give?

Arrived at Edinburgh airport today and got offered an EV Zoe to get up to Aberdeen then back down to Glasgow. 296 miles door to door! Needless to say I left in an automatic Corsa 😭.
I think you can choose at the outset, ours is 12k per year, something like 9 p per mile if you go over.
@Burt2000 that’s lovely.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Are they actually making the cyber truck?

1652775306661.png

This change may have something to do with the fact that Tesla has reportedly accumulated enough Cybertruck accounting for the combined production figure for the next three years. What this essentially means, according to Elon Musk, is that people who order their Cybertruck today may not take delivery until 2026, and that’s if everything goes to plan and there are no more production delays.

And that's before it tries to pass UK/EU/ANZ safety regulations.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Was talking to a mechanic in Killarney over the weekend who said that a tyre for an Audi E Tron GT was 750 euros!!!! 3k for a full set but handily the wheel will automatically lift to let you take it off without a jack. I have bought some good cars for 3k!

Mental,
Maintenance package on lease, no other option really.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Was talking to a mechanic in Killarney over the weekend who said that a tyre for an Audi E Tron GT was 750 euros!!!! 3k for a full set but handily the wheel will automatically lift to let you take it off without a jack. I have bought some good cars for 3k!

Maybe if you buy the tyre from Audi or something but the rears are a 305/30/21 which are <£300 each fitted on Blackcircles for an Eagle F1.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Maybe if you buy the tyre from Audi or something but the rears are a 305/30/21 which are <£300 each fitted on Blackcircles for an Eagle F1.

Is that the EV version? There’s a difference - probably due to weight of them or something.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Actually took the E Golf to Killarney at the weekend and it was relatively stress free even in a smallish battery EV. From Dungannon decided on the Cavan, Athlone, Birr, Limerick route to maximise range and stop along the way. Charging network is way better than up north and did first charge at Athlone and second charge in Limerick. Did the Dingle peninsula and Connor Pass on the way back up and through Tralee. 144 kwh used in total counting the E7/solar charge before I set off so £47.13 for 600 miles of driving. Unfortunately for me ESB put their prices up the week before I set off!

Attachments

• 100_0632.JPG
    100_0632.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_0633.JPG
    100_0633.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 58

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
EV tyres are EV rated ? Not just XL which is bog standard extra load.

Although both likely cover the basic load rating.

I wonder if it's something MOT will pick up on in the future

The Michelin website doesn't mention anything about EV rated and recommends a regular Pilot Sport 6 SUV tyre for the E-Tron, for example. For my Tesla the only difference between normal Pilot Sports and the ones fitted to my car is there is an acoustic lining.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Actually took the E Golf to Killarney at the weekend and it was relatively stress free even in a smallish battery EV. From Dungannon decided on the Cavan, Athlone, Birr, Limerick route to maximise range and stop along the way. Charging network is way better than up north and did first charge at Athlone and second charge in Limerick. Did the Dingle peninsula and Connor Pass on the way back up and through Tralee. 144 kwh used in total counting the E7/solar charge before I set off so £47.13 for 600 miles of driving. Unfortunately for me ESB put their prices up the week before I set off!

Is that £47.13 for 600 miles correct?