How can i insure an e46 m3??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
106lad said:
Madness!! And i own one! but as per my previous post. I got two tyres for £218. Good tyres they are too!! XL rated and all.

What brand are they? Are they run flats?

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
What brand are they? Are they run flats?

Accellera Sport, theyre a good tyre, good lasting and a lot better than the Eagle F1's i had on the 306 and prob on par with the Yoko Paradas. No theyre not, and they dont need to be with the M Mobility. Runflats are for poofs

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
I paid £400/ £180 each for Dunlop sport max + fitting.

I dread to think how much the STD replacement continentals are..

I don't know where else you would get sensors other than BMW? I needed a lambda sensor? Where else would I get one of those that plugs direct into the loom?

After a quick quick search i found a lambda for £32 delivered.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
how much is a lambda for a 306?

just searched 306 gti 6 £57...

all im saying is that if you want to keep an M3 in the condition and in the parts that it left the factory (ie Continental runflats, genuine BMW parts and BMW servicing) it will cost a fair bit to maintain.

Jonny just had inspection 2 from BMW a few weeks ago and i think it was dear enough!

Fair enough they are starting to get longer in the tooth, but i dont think **** tyres should be put on any 50k car at anystage in their life span, they are still a performance car at the end of the day and the parts are put on in the 1st place to make the handle and perform safely.

Seatenthusiast

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon Cupra
Accellera Sport, theyre a good tyre, good lasting and a lot better than the Eagle F1's i had on the 306 and prob on par with the Yoko Paradas. No theyre not, and they dont need to be with the M Mobility. Runflats are for poofs

Run flats are very noisy and give a harsher ride

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
all im saying is that if you want to keep an M3 in the condition and in the parts that it left the factory (ie Continental runflats, genuine BMW parts and BMW servicing) it will cost a fair bit to maintain.

(y) chill out mark

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
isnt the CSL much higher insurance grped than the run of the mil m3 cutter?

I don't think there would be much difference to be honest. Never had a quote for a stock M3 though.

Agree with some of the comments here, these cars are becoming affordable to buy, but potential owners need to be aware of running costs that go hand in hand with a car that cost circa £45k new.

mants

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 320ci M Spor
I didnt know the E46 came with run flats, my friend had them on his 2007 335i, along with the m sport suspension it was a really hard hard ride compared to the 2007 M3 he has now.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Fair enough they are starting to get longer in the tooth, but i dont think **** tyres should be put on any 50k car at anystage in their life span, they are still a performance car at the end of the day and the parts are put on in the 1st place to make the handle and perform safely.

I wouldnt have **** Tyres near my car.

Hence why my measly 306 had Paradas & Eagle F1s and R888s for a small stage

There were Acceleras on her when i bought her, theyre good and decent wearing so i got another set.

CW E46

RMS Regular
OP
CW E46
i have previously thought about the running costs and have came to the conclusion that i can afford to run one.

so thats that.

now, back to the topic at hand, how can i insure it for the cheapest amount possible???

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Traders / 3rd Party Extention / 3rd Party Only etc is likely to be your way forward.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
IMO just insure it in Scotland for 1,500 and be happy!

m3doctor

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3 Coupe
You could consider doin the advanced driving test, movin to a low risk postcode area or goin for the absolute minimum cover but to be honest unless you can fast forward your age you'll just have to shop around. Another thing to consider is that insurance companies will probably stipulate a tracker is fitted and the subscription is up to date.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Try hughes or bank of Ireland, your not much younger than me and im getting a fair deal through them..

banzai g

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3/K7gsxr 10
Ive my m3 insured in the girlfriends name with me as a named driver !!!!!
Through her work for £460 fully comp and protected bonus etc.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.