How can i insure an e46 m3??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Madness!! And i own one! but as per my previous post. I got two tyres for £218. Good tyres they are too!! XL rated and all.

I can do Accelera tyres for the rear Of the Bmw M3 at the very most £200 for both of them fitted the lot

I wouldnt have **** Tyres near my car.

Hence why my measly 306 had Paradas & Eagle F1s and R888s for a small stage

There were Acceleras on her when i bought her, theyre good and decent wearing so i got another set.

Accelera arent a bad tyre, fine for general everyday Driving but no where near in the same league As the Michelien Pilot sports 2 rated for Bmw

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
I can do Accelera tyres for the rear Of the Bmw M3 at the very most £200 for both of them fitted the lot

Accelera arent a bad tyre, fine for general everyday Driving but no where near in the same league As the Michelien Pilot sports 2 rated for Bmw

Is that including VAT?

I got them something like £180 + VAT, dont know the exact figure :confounded:

theyre grand, although im not hammering the car round a track or beating around back roads that often, but i did show her a few wee roads around the house and they kept the pace surprisingly well!,

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
Is that including VAT?

I got them something like £180 + VAT, dont know the exact figure :confounded:

theyre grand, although im not hammering the car round a track or beating around back roads that often, i keep her clean.

Yep that Is including the dreaded vat New valves, old tyres disposed off, wheels balanced and the tyres fitted at location and time that suits you

Yes these tyres are great value for money for what you want them for.

stuarty7

RMS Regular
Drives
accord type s
im 23 4 years ncb 3 points from like 4 years ago £1500 fully comp which has now made it tempting

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Did you see what company it was with?

Id read the small print, from my own experience when a quote seems to good to be true it likely is - i.e excess is 2k or something...

Seatenthusiast

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon Cupra
Did you see what company it was with?

Id read the small print, from my own experience when a quote seems to good to be true it likely is - i.e excess is 2k or something...

Yeah definately need to check the small print, the excess on some of those online quotations can be ridiculous

Bronk

RMS Regular
as said before peeps.. insuring them is one thing.. maintaining them is another.. and you still pay big enough money for a good m3

Seatenthusiast

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon Cupra
as said before peeps.. insuring them is one thing.. maintaining them is another.. and you still pay big enough money for a good m3

I could buy and probably just about run one however id rather wait until i can properly afford to run a car such as an M3

TSPORT

RMS Regular
Drives
///M3
I paid £850 on my E46 M3 at 27, was insured with Greenlight.
Was going through rear tyres every 4 months too lol was payin a fortune for Conti contact 2s aswell....

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Seriously mate, wait a year or two, you will find that quote halves, hell even save some reddies for the next year, and then keep it as the M3 fund for the insurance.

Considering the way things are you'd be mad to run a car you can only just afford, never mind if you got layed off or anything horrible like that!

Personally the E39 would keep me happy for another year or two.

Why not consider a 330CI instead? You can get supercharger conversions for them which take them up to near 320 bhp, it wouldnt get targets by theives and mega stealthy. Its all plug and play, a very simple kit and ive read loads about them on bmw forums.

Active Autowerke | Supercharger | Evolve Automotive E46 330i 320 BHP

Then fit M3 bits over time, eg brakes and such whenever you want. The e46 330i is a cracking car, and theres plenty here will tell you, that especially in NI its hard to justify the extra cost of a M3 over a 330!!!

Personally im seriously tempted by a 330i M sport tourer as my next car, and fitting that kit onto it over a ZT V8 Estate and then howling around in uber stealth mode.

CW E46

RMS Regular
OP
CW E46
you're talking 5-6k for the 330ci then 4k for the supercharger kit + fitting- which is around the same as the m3 but is only half the car though do you not think?

at the minute im going to wait atleast a year untill i get an m3, for now im undecided-

i dont know whether to keep the e39 or get an integra type r or civic type r or 328ci/330ci

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Cost wise, depends on the model really. Id imagine the tourers would be a good bit cheaper than the coupes, from what ive seen nearly a 1/3 to 1/4 cheaper for miles and spec.

Eg. 2001 BMW 3 series 330 SE TOURING AUTO SILVER on eBay (end time 03-Aug-10 21:39:52 BST)

What would a coupe go for with that spec?

Charger kits are 4 grand and are 100% diy, 8 hours work as theres no internal changes, seen loads of guides online, the hardest part is piggypacking the ecu and it all comes with colour matching wires and guides.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I paid £850 on my E46 M3 at 27, was insured with Greenlight.
Was going through rear tyres every 4 months too lol was payin a fortune for Conti contact 2s aswell....

jez someone else that must drive theres like mine... (y)

i was getting about 6months froma set, 250miles a week i do roughly (y)

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
Accellera Sport, theyre a good tyre, good lasting and a lot better than the Eagle F1's i had on the 306 and prob on par with the Yoko Paradas. No theyre not, and they dont need to be with the M Mobility. Runflats are for poofs

I just stuck a set of Acceleras on the back of my M3 a few weeks back. Im very impressed for the price. As good as the T1Rs in the dry however in the wet they are nowhere near as good and you will notice the traction kicking in if your up the rev range when its wet. Cant go wrong for £78 each form Camskill plus a few quid for fitting.

Tried Greenlight for M3 insurance? Im 29, 8yrs no claims and clean license and my renewal for next month is £780 for an M3 convertible.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.