Impact Guns - Air or Battery Powered?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
I have a wee 50litre SIP compressor 2.5hp. I bought a SIP £30 impact gun and it wouldn't budge wheel nuts/ sutds with the standard line & outlet. I then took the plug off the end of the tank and used a bigger regulator with a bigger line and hey presto it hasn't been beat yet. I have upgraded the gun to a Chicago Pneumatic jobby as the cheap SIP broke its plastic trigger.

It doesn't get used much but it is invaluable for those occasions it is needed!
I think id prefer the compressor route as its a handy tool for other things as well, bit of spraying, pumping up wheels etc.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Have you any in stock I can play with? I also have a few questions reference the charger and batteries I already have for my battery grinder. Just noticed this evening they're only 3AH!!

No we mostly do Metabo. Makita generally 24 hour delivery.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I had a play with one of these and the Milwaukee in MMS. A lot bigger than I thought, are these not overkill for working on cars?

@lightning can you price a dtw281z, body only.

No, far from it if you're wanting a gun that'll stand half a chance of removing drive shaft nuts, wheel nuts/bolts, crank pulley bolts, diff bolts etc.

Anything less is a waste of time.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
No, far from it if you're wanting a gun that'll stand half a chance of removing drive shaft nuts, wheel nuts/bolts, crank pulley bolts, diff bolts etc.

Anything less is a waste of time.

I'm only a have-a-go-hero, but I have the same attitude. I'm buying it to remove seized fasteners etc, I don't want to limit it with minimal torque.

Best of all, if the fastner doesn't come out with ~1000 torques, the blighter may get its head ripped off :grinning:.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
I only just got that I wouldn't be there in time unless someone will be about after that or tomorrow would take me s out 45 minutes to get there ?
Sorry mate read that wrong, 5.30 Monday. Send you a pm there.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
I can't believe how I've managed without one of these...

Crank pulley bolt, brake calliper bolts, oil filter housing cap, brake disc bolts all pulled off no problem. That was using the Makita mentioned here at speed 1 :scream:.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I can't believe how I've managed without one of these...

Crank pulley bolt, brake calliper bolts, oil filter housing cap, brake disc bolts all pulled off no problem. That was using the Makita mentioned here at speed 1 :scream:.

is that an 18v LXT Neil? All my tools are LXT so would be handy as I've got 5 batteries

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.