Insurance shopping around

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jonny

RMS Regular
Got a letter through this morning with my renewal quote from present insurers £1568 just a tad expensive still under mums name (shameful i know for being 23 but it has just been laziness up till now)

Quote from elephant £878 first time in my own name

I'll be having some of that.

Moral of the story shop around (y)

Jonny

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny
i'll do that tomorrow pablo cheers, do you know do they insure a car if its lowered i know zurich dont

Johnski

RMS Regular
wee_neiler said:
Try Quinn JDM, best quote for me by a long shot.

Quinn wouldnt even insure me on a group 7 ford focus, they said the insurance group was too high, considering i've had it for a year insured under another company!! and considering i am insured on the mi16 too, bit silly if you ask me(y)

gordyb

RMS Member
Drives
Focus
got my first insurance under my own name from quinn got quoted £1200 and thats including business insurance which is pretty reasonable for a 19 year old with no NCB

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
adrian flux were crappy with my classic quote. I'm currently with auto line, and they were FAR cheaper, with great coverage than anyone else (under £600 for a 1.8 mondeo, 25yo, 4 years NCB)

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Flux have done me a good deal on my Golf and ive just done my test recently

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Flux were good for me too but i just stuck with Admiral, a wee teeny bit cheaper plus i'm already with them so saved any hassle.

AFAIK Admiral, Elephant and Bell are the same company no? I got a renewal through from Admiral and went to try Elephant and they are almost identical to the penny.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Glanza Sam said:
try open and direct, they beat the qoutes i was gettin from admiral and bell etc etc

what are open & direct like for mods?

also, i've noticed that Admiral/Bells/Elephant are the only insurers that ask for accidents up to 3 years, everywhere else is 5 years so i have to declare an accident with all the others which obviously doesnt help :worried:

is there anyone else who is only 3 years?

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
Admiral are now doing a two car policy, I got a quote for both the 200sx & the 406 for £940, well chuffed with that (y)

Cess

RMS Staff
Yeah I got £860 ish for the 106 and the GT-Four. Not bad considering the 'four was £741 fully comp on its own last year... :laughing:

Jonny

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny
confused.com = dear as foooook

£801 from admiral

via confused.com £1468 :confounded:

and a few other interesting quotes of £5000 :eek:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.