Insurance shopping around

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
If your car's modified Flux are hard to beat.

They were the only company to give me a quote for the Pug. Excellent price too (y)

pablo

RMS Moderator
TheLarneMan said:
If your car's modified Flux are hard to beat.

They were the only company to give me a quote for the Pug. Excellent price too (y)

did you get sorted then?

they dont cover bmws the a55holes :worried:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Do they have a website, or is it over the phone only?

If you want to find out a quote for a few months time when you may be a year older, or ahve another years no claims, is it ok to raise the numbers up as if it was that time? I do it on admiral flat out, just wasnt sure how people over the phone would take it.

Pablo, IIRC from a previous post, dj lee is insured on flux in his 318is...

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
£675 isn't bad considering the mods.

AON weren't too keen when I told them what's been done. Can't understand why :relieved:

pablo

RMS Moderator
Did you take a full policy then rather than a classic style one? not bad if its that kinda policy with all the mods.

hows it going btw? all finished?

therock

RMS Regular
Had a leisurely chat with the fellow from confused/whatever company it was they contacted, he wanted a few more details then gave me a quote of £2600. Not bad considering my previous one was £950!

Needless to say, after a little chuckle, the phone was promptly hung up.

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
pablo said:
Did you take a full policy then rather than a classic style one? not bad if its that kinda policy with all the mods.

hows it going btw? all finished?

Yeah. I had to go for a full policy this year.

It's not finished yet. Hopefully not much longer now.

Did you get your Pug sold?

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
I just rang Quinns to ask them how many years NCB I had and they said 5, I asked was it not more than that and they say they only go up to 5yrs. Is this the same with all insurers or would I be as well moving?

Crasher

Drives
Peje is me drive
Ex-insurance broker here.....if your motor is modified..your best off not tellin them...quote will b way down n if you do crash....will b cheaper to fix modifications rather then paying the premium...inside tip there lads ;)

pablo

RMS Moderator
you having a laugh?

what about when they say we aint paying out you didnt tell us about that superchargeer?

Jonny

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny
Crasher said:
Ex-insurance broker here.....if your motor is modified..your best off not tellin them...quote will b way down n if you do crash....will b cheaper to fix modifications rather then paying the premium...inside tip there lads ;)

is that the reason you're an ex insurance broker :-#

JonM

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
B A Baracus said:
Bit of crap advice there lad, rite off a motor and they refuse to pay out because of wheels or a spoiler etc? Yeah dead on
Most insurance companies don't care about modifications like those any more. Only ones that increase the performance or have a major impact on value.

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
Naw have to disagree there lad, say a car is stole and found burnt out with the wheels missing, if they werent disclosed the company would turn round and say it was stole for the wheels, tough titty

JonM

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
B A Baracus said:
Naw have to disagree there lad, say a car is stole and found burnt out with the wheels missing, if they werent disclosed the company would turn round and say it was stole for the wheels, tough titty
Phone your insurance company and see, you might be surprised. Unless they're diamond studded dub fo's on your caddy *****. ^o) :party:

JonM

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Not that age has anything to do with this, no, I'm not. Phone your insurance company or ask around as you don't seem to believe me.

Jonny

RMS Regular
OP
Jonny
zurich will not insure a lowered car at all, even if the work is done by the main dealer, thankfully changing insurance companies now so need to get a tasteful wee drop sorted out

Nicole

RMS Regular
Drives
'02 Seat Leon Cu
i changed from bell to zurich this year- new policy starts on 21st. a lot cheaper!! btw, its diamond for women,bell direct and admiral that are all under the admiral group...iv been with the first two!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.