Integra wont start

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Do you have a spare set of spark plugs around? If so, take an ignition lead off one of the cylinders, put a spare plug on it, earth the treads to the engine block, turn the engine over and see if you are getting spark from all the leads.

AndyG

RMS Regular
Im sensing gary running in and out of the house from the PC checking all this..

Hope you get it sorted dude.. Was looking forward to hearing this in action! I took that "cold air feed" out of my car cause i knew something like this would end up happening.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
in the b16 and b18 there is a coil biult into the dizzy ... i reckomn its a bad earth somewhere ,, is it turning over with a spark gary take the plug out put it into the lead and rest it on a bare piece of metal on the engine sumwhere and do this with all 4 plugs

r6kyl

RMS Regular
Drives
Tweed hat and sl
i say you buy mine back :grinning:
had it for 6 months now so i reckon i deserve a change ;)

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Thats a good sign, but you need to check the rest to be sure :grinning:

Then you need to check if your pump is working and you are getting fuel :p

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
When i turn the ignition on i can hear the pump and while turning over i can smell fuel. Wether its getting to the engine is another matter.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
check your ecu bud cant see this being overlooked by your ecu the light will be flashing for sure chum

adamski08

RMS Regular
Drives
96 ek civic
as you well know gary p did offer to help you burn it out in the drive the other night.
just remembered from the other night you bricking it when the heat wrap started to smoke lol haha banterful times lol

jc7891

RMS Regular
Check all the plugs, when u first started it yesterday it seemed ok but once u tried to rev it started to miss and choke. Good luck mate and don't forget to warn the neighbour when ur about to start it lol

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
plugs are tight and leads in the correct order, might try and use stuarts leads to see if they are the problem, would dodgy leads cause it too not start, or just misfire.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
ive yet to come across a set of dodgy leads on any of the hondas ive owned gary ... i,d say its related to intake ...check the ecu im sure ninek will know the error codes of by heart

Jonto

RMS Regular
Drives
finger up arse
you can do it yourself if theres a fault it will be flashing

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
When i came out of the puddle the car just died, ignition lights came up. So i stopped and towed it to a car park. It was missing firing all that day over 6000rpm but when i reved it to 8,000 it was fine, was only when under load that it miss fired. It was only after each puddle u suspect the misfire got worse
u drove through a flood then u rev it to 8000rpm:worried:

PrimO

RMS Regular
1. Buy new spark plugs, yours are possibly fouled with all the poor running/spluttering/failing to start.
2. Quit trying to start it until you get new plugs as you run the risk of ******* up your coil/ignitor.
3. Buy a new intake!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
1. Buy new spark plugs, yours are possibly fouled with all the poor running/spluttering/failing to start.
2. Quit trying to start it until you get new plugs as you run the risk of ******* up your coil/ignitor.
3. Buy a new intake!

Getting some tomorrow, might take the rocker cover off and see if the timing belt has slipped a tooth too.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
hello sir primo havent seen you on in a while !

listen to this guy gary he,s a honda god

also you can just check the flashing red led inside the ecu with the ignition on count the flashes

1 long = 10
1 short = 1

so 3 long and 2 short equals 32 if you get my drift

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
tho im not sure how the bad plugs made it idle at 3k unless the ecu was over compensating or sumfin

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
I seen mr mugen si technical post on dc2-itr, has given me a few ideas. Would maybe running out of few cause any problems that i havnt thought of

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.