Landrover Defender 130

Ged

RMS Regular
OP
Ged
Drives
sexmo VTS
Started ordering some parts for the 130 revamp this spring, Plans are to strip alot of the undercarriage to repaint and recoat alot of parts that got damaged from offroading and start preping for the alcoas.

Also going to replace some of the lighting with higher quality units as they have started getting water ingress.

Still messing around in the meantime :p

48403108_2372390522994384_3127616981906227200_n.jpg

48411107_2372390589661044_3574532840433385472_n.jpg

Cheers,
Ged

Ged

RMS Regular
OP
Ged
Drives
sexmo VTS
Starting to get ready for kilbroney show ive changed my alternator belt and pulley setup to stop the squeeling and started painting,now and I need to replace some led lights,

Anyone have any recommendations for something decent quality at a fair price ive used chinesium and they are done after 2 years, im looking into Lazer lights as a company but 10x the price of Chinese lights.

Bound to be a happy medium somewhere??

I need a 52" straight bar and 2 off 6" by 1-2" floor reversing lights

Cheers,
Geddis

Ged

RMS Regular
OP
Ged
Drives
sexmo VTS
Bit of a change of plans this week as the defender moves to a new home over the water. Bit sad but sure now allows me to build something new, had to give her a decent clean and the new owner picked it up from the airport and was away in the boat within hours

DSC_1917.JPG
DSC_1918.JPG
DSC_1919.JPG
DSC_1922.JPG
DSC_1923.JPG

DSC_1926.JPG

Not sure whats next as this stage as the deal came out of the blue but i have a few ideas of what could replace it.

-Ged

Marc

RMS Moderator
Funny you say that, I was in front of it yesterday on the M3 flyover, was thinking how cool it looked.

Reactions: Ged

Ged

RMS Regular
OP
Ged
Drives
sexmo VTS
Funny you say that, I was in front of it yesterday on the M3 flyover, was thinking how cool it looked.

I was taking it on its final journey to the docks at that stage :worried: Probably talking to much dung to the new owner to even spot anyone :confounded:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Bit of a change of plans this week as the defender moves to a new home over the water. Bit sad but sure now allows me to build something new, had to give her a decent clean and the new owner picked it up from the airport and was away in the boat within hours

View attachment 238530View attachment 238531View attachment 238532View attachment 238533View attachment 238534

View attachment 238535

Not sure whats next as this stage as the deal came out of the blue but i have a few ideas of what could replace it.

-Ged
I thought it was to be with you for life, wow, didn't expect to read this!

However, I await with open eyes the next defender project.

Ged

RMS Regular
OP
Ged
Drives
sexmo VTS
Capture.JPG

This popped up this morning only seems like yestarday we where boucing around the estate @Graham @mcma1.

Ive been slowly coming to terms with the loss of the 130, not the selling of it but the knowing ill never buy it back. Strange feeling seeing someone wreck something you put alot of time into. I definatly think it will make me think twice about selling the future projects.

I was sent these a few weeks ago.

Im not excatly sure what happend and i dont want to speculate but it rolled 4 times cage seems to have done its job,

95436586_621678585101334_1318884727460986880_n.jpg
95696925_671212700338050_8632661738409426944_n.jpg

96087922_273627114033329_4882893987486105600_n.jpg

I assume the quick breaking and advert with a td5 is due to some sort of insurance issue at a guess but its a shame.

Another lesson of life for myself on this one.

-Ged

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
That's a shame, says a lot about the way it was being used when it met it's end on a dual carriageway rather than on a green lane. 8-(

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness when a car is sold it's sold and it's somebody else's to do with as they please. If I sold a car I cared about it would have to go to the other end of the word or something so I wouldn't ever know what happened to it, lol.

Still not nice to see, hope everyone inside was ok at least.

Ged

RMS Regular
OP
Ged
Drives
sexmo VTS
In fairness when a car is sold it's sold and it's somebody else's to do with as they please. If I sold a car I cared about it would have to go to the other end of the word or something so I wouldn't ever know what happened to it, lol.

Still not nice to see, hope everyone inside was ok at least.

Yea he was fine cage did its job and he had nothing more than a few bumps from what I know.

I agree with you 100% ive bought and sold a few, once the moneys on your side of the table thats it. But when you spend a year or 2 of your time creating something from nothing building it to last another 40 years and relise its gone forever its just different. Rationally it makes no sense but i was actually angry when i found out.

Least I still have the health and drive to build some more.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Yea he was fine cage did its job and he had nothing more than a few bumps from what I know.

I agree with you 100% ive bought and sold a few, once the moneys on your side of the table thats it. But when you spend a year or 2 of your time creating something from nothing building it to last another 40 years and relise its gone forever its just different. Rationally it makes no sense but i was actually angry when i found out.

Least I still have the health and drive to build some more.
Buy it back 👀!!!

Ged

RMS Regular
OP
Ged
Drives
sexmo VTS
Buy it back 👀!!!
Its been broke already, I never got the chance to make an offer. Belive the advert was the 3rd person to own it since the accident in 3 weeks and each has removed the parts they where after in a less than careful way.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
When did it become grey, and why did someone put those awful steelies on it?

Gutted for your bound to be a weird feeling alright.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
TBH although it still is going to annoy you that someone destroyed it, you moved on from it for a reason and you've been able to put the learning and the funds into doing your GMC truck which is going to be awesome.
I get far too attached to the cars I own which is why I hardly ever sell anything that I've put time and effort into. I'm getting better at it but I really know where you are coming from.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
When did it become grey, and why did someone put those awful steelies on it?

Gutted for your bound to be a weird feeling alright.

The big wheels were no doubt removed by 1 of the several owners since its demise. As Ged said, there’s plenty a lot of it broken and parted out already, so the standard steels are no doubt just to keep it rolling.

Still getting to see such an infamous and well built truck some to such an end.

Onwards and upwards with the new truck @Ged 🤙

Bryan

RMS Regular
TBH although it still is going to annoy you that someone destroyed it, you moved on from it for a reason and you've been able to put the learning and the funds into doing your GMC truck which is going to be awesome.
I get far too attached to the cars I own which is why I hardly ever sell anything that I've put time and effort into. I'm getting better at it but I really know where you are coming from.

I'm the same - hate the selling part which is why I have so many vehicles.

I missed the post to say you had sold it - didn't even know it was gone. The roll cage definately seems to have done it's job if that rolled 4 times. The cab is remarkably intact.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
View attachment 279385

This popped up this morning only seems like yestarday we where boucing around the estate @Graham @mcma1.

Ive been slowly coming to terms with the loss of the 130, not the selling of it but the knowing ill never buy it back. Strange feeling seeing someone wreck something you put alot of time into. I definatly think it will make me think twice about selling the future projects.

I was sent these a few weeks ago.

Im not excatly sure what happend and i dont want to speculate but it rolled 4 times cage seems to have done its job,

View attachment 279387View attachment 279388

View attachment 279386

I assume the quick breaking and advert with a td5 is due to some sort of insurance issue at a guess but its a shame.

Another lesson of life for myself on this one.

-Ged
A sorry state!

Please keep me in mind for images when the truck is finished.

I know Walter has been following the updates with admiration, too.

Ged

RMS Regular
OP
Ged
Drives
sexmo VTS

I'm the same - hate the selling part which is why I have so many vehicles.

I missed the post to say you had sold it - didn't even know it was gone. The roll cage definately seems to have done it's job if that rolled 4 times. The cab is remarkably intact.

Cheers and your both right, I wouldnt be pushing myself on a far more complex and custom build if I still had the defender. I did hate letting it go but I dont think ill let the GMC go just as easily. Already dreaming up plans of a small std GMC pickup to build and have as a daily little and large lol.

A sorry state!

Please keep me in mind for images when the truck is finished.

I know Walter has been following the updates with admiration, too.

I definatly will, hopefully ill be done just intime for the shows next year and we can all get a catch up.

Anyways they say its a small world, never ceases to amaze I got a phone call from "bob" who has bought the driveline from the truck was talking to someone that knew a mutual friend, who passed him my number, we got to chatting anyways and he is putting the engine and box are going into his 90 and hes looking some help getting it going, he sent me these and it looks like hes doing a proper job on it. Seems like an intresting guy restores vintage tractors for a living. The heart of her is in scotland now.

96130025_3116197245085528_2179449380187144192_n.jpg
96242336_1319606908430355_3555560324914479104_n.jpg

Cheers,
Ged

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
So her heart lives again to fight another day, that's a brilliant story and a wee bit of a silver lining 😎