Moto GP 2015 -

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
Was away in Killarney last weekend, any ideas where I can get highlights chaps?

Bit quiet, this thread.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
ITV4, on the ITV/UTV player. That is where I watch the highlights anyway :grinning:

Not that great a race this weekend to be honest, but amazed Marquez did as well as he did with a broken hand.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Cheers @Cess not a penny on him. WSB Imola this weekend,wee johny loves it there,can see the aprilla stretch it's legs with Haslam n the Dukes

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Just catching up on the highlights from Le Mans, dear lord the Marquez Iannone battle for 4th was unreal!

I have to see The Doctor before he packs it in.

Steveo@modifiedni

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3/Triumph
This is shaping up to be a super close battle for the championship.

Lorenzo back on form, rossi being consistent, you can never rule marquez out, the dukes could be a potential problem by taking points away from the big boys. Great to see close close racing again :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Is Marquez still suffering from his hand injury? Just wondering since he was struggling so badly.

As said above, the battle with Ianone was epic, lol :grinning:

And a very good recovery from Rossi as well.

Really enjoyed that race, shaping up well indeed!

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
Is Marquez still suffering from his hand injury? Just wondering since he was struggling so badly.

As said above, the battle with Ianone was epic, lol :grinning:

And a very good recovery from Rossi as well.

Really enjoyed that race, shaping up well indeed!
The Honda was caught cold by the dramatic rise in track temperature on race day.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
What's happened the mighty marquez,lorenzo seems to have found what he was looking for and never count the Doctor out,fair play to Iannone riding through the pain barrier.

Cess

RMS Staff
Impressive by Lorenzo. The battle between Iannone and Marquez was set for a grandstand finish until he lost the front end. Nothing seems to be going Marquez's way this year.

Spain could be a great showdown as Marquez needs points on the board.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Marquez wasn't his smiley happy self we'll see how he deals with the pressure.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, pressure is on. Have had errors creeping in under pressure previously as well.

He needs to learn to settle for solid points on the board sometimes when someone else is faster, not always stretching for that one more until something breaks. But then again, that constant stretching is what makes him so awesome when the stars line up :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just managed to catch the Barcelona highlights too. Love the ITV4 coverage, just right.

High attrition race, lol :grinning: Lots going on early on.

Marquez, lol, it really is win or nothing with him, no settling for the points! Great show, but no way to win a championship :p

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
Just managed to catch the Barcelona highlights too. Love the ITV4 coverage, just right.

High attrition race, lol :grinning: Lots going on early on.

Marquez, lol, it really is win or nothing with him, no settling for the points! Great show, but no way to win a championship :p

My wife flipped out when he went down, I mean really flipped out! Pregnancy hormones have a lot to answer for LOL

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I thought Marquez was very mature and magnanimous in his interview after the race on Sunday. He held his hands up and told it like it is.

When it's not going for you it's not going for you. The front end issues of that Honda factory bike coupled with Marquez injuring himself and Pedrosa having surgery meant that they've been on the back foot all season.

Add that pressure and then panic sets in. The team have made mistakes on strategy and tyre choice and Marquez himself has now made a few mistakes whilst trying to ride the wheels off a bike that won't behave how he wants it.

It's funny how problems snowball.

There's a long way to go in this championship but they're too far back at this stage (barring a miracle) to challenge.

Would love to see Vale win one more world title but you'd feel that Lorenzo has the momentum unless Rossi can sort out his qualifying.

This season will help Marquez as he's just 22 and has 2 MotoGP world championships under his belt already but he'll learn more from this season than he has learned in the past 2 seasons.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
Agree on the Rossi front, I say that every race but I just see this being Lorenzo's year. He was off form at the start of the season but seems to have got his head in now

Hel

RMS Regular
Really good comeback for Lorenzo, fair play. He was mentally down and out but hes brought it back. Mark of a true champ

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
This season will help Marquez as he's just 22 and has 2 MotoGP world championships under his belt already but he'll learn more from this season than he has learned in the past 2 seasons.

Very well put (y)

I think he does need to learn to ride for the points sometimes, when the stars are not lining up for him. He will learn a lot from everything this year and come out stronger. Dare I say it, but I think there is a lot of Lewis Hamilton about him. Lewis was also going balls out all the time, frustrating himself when things were not going well, pushing too hard at times and messing up the long game, etc. Lewis has come an awful long way since, and so will Marquez.

Actually amazing when you think he is only 22, lol, a lifetime left ahead of him!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That was a really good race in Germany actually, came down to tyres it seemed. Great to see Valentino outpace Lorenzo :p

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Good race in Indianapolis :grinning:

Really confused me, having Rossi/Pedrosa in one pair, and Lorenzo/Marquez as another, had no idea which they were showing, lol! But everyone finished in the correct order. Ok, would have been nice with Lorenzo further back, but he deserved the spot this week :innocent:

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Marquez was sitting comfortably behind him the whole time then he opened the throttle abit more and away he went

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That was a cracking race at Silverstone, the GOAT is still the greatest :grinning:

Marquez gave it his best, same strategy as Indianapolis - lock onto the wheels of the leader, to try and pull away towards the end. Just the tiniest of mistakes put an end to it. Expect him to go for win or die in every race from now on, no point settling for points any more.

Surprised to see Lorenzo so far back though...

Hel

RMS Regular
That was a cracking race at Silverstone, the GOAT is still the greatest :grinning:

Marquez gave it his best, same strategy as Indianapolis - lock onto the wheels of the leader, to try and pull away towards the end. Just the tiniest of mistakes put an end to it. Expect him to go for win or die in every race from now on, no point settling for points any more.

Surprised to see Lorenzo so far back though...

Visor issues he said. Cant expect the man to be at world level pace if he can't see straight but who knows if that was just a convenient excuse or not?
Either way he runs the same lid as many others in the paddock but apparently the only one using an aftermarket visor

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
Visor issues he said. Cant expect the man to be at world level pace if he can't see straight but who knows if that was just a convenient excuse or not?
Either way he runs the same lid as many others in the paddock but apparently the only one using an aftermarket visor
Just didn't have the pace as simple as.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.