My latest run around

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Today I fitted "French Flag" stickers to the grill :grinning:

Attachments

• IMG_5392.JPG
    IMG_5392.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 414

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I've just ordered a set of colour coded door mouldings from a 172 on eBay. I can't wait to get them fitted :grinning: I won't be fitting the silver parts obviously as mine isn't a 2.0 16v lol

Attachments

• IMG_5405.PNG
    IMG_5405.PNG
    461 KB · Views: 372

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
It's been a while since I've been on due to being a "tad" busy at home. In that time
I did manage to squeeze some time to get a couple of mods done to the Clio. I got the side mouldings on and a new Bluetooth DAB headunit.

Attachments

• F78FFE46-E9C5-4FAD-B9CF-112DA5176260.jpg
    F78FFE46-E9C5-4FAD-B9CF-112DA5176260.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_5429.JPG
    IMG_5429.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 338

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Ok, I lied. There was one little issue, but a tiny one that didn't really bother me that much. The heater in the car wasn't great. It wasn't warm and wasn't cold no matter what setting the climate control was at.

I pulled the side panel of the heater box off where the servo motors are attached as one common fault is the spindle to which a servo attaches can split, but it was fine. The servo just didn't turn.

Another common fault is the sensor mounted in the roof. When I first pulled the roof panel down it looked connected (apparently the sensors get noises with age and people disconnect them).

Then reading on the Clio Sport Facebook page yesterday I discovered that the sensor has a fan inside it, and as such should make a little noise. So I pulled the panel down again to see if I could hear or feel it do anything, and sure enough the wiring literally fell out!

Connected it up and it was working, took it off again to have a look and it was full of dust and crud. Took it apart, gave it a clean, put it back in the car and whilst it's still noisy, you can't hear it with the radio on and now the heater is pumping out good warm air or cold on demand!

Attachments

• IMG_5438.JPG
    IMG_5438.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Today I finally got around to fixing another minor bug bear, the clock bulb had blown. Had to remove the upper dash facia to get at it. Whilst I had the dash apart I wrapped the dash trims in carbon fibre wrap

Attachments

• IMG_0162.JPG
    IMG_0162.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 258

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Saw that on bake book. What a hassle!!
To be fair it's worse looking than it actually is. There's only 11 screws to take out, plus the two dash trims and the a pillar trims, took less than 20mins to take out and less than 10mins to put back in lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Ok, so now that I've spent two days at Dubshed it's got my wee head buzzing and somewhat pickled lol.

I know I can't build a show winning car on my funds, but I am wanting to make it stand out a bit from the sea of Mk2 Clio's that are still about.

So, if anyone has any free or cheap stuff that would suit or fit it, let me know lol

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Ok, so now that I've spent two days at Dubshed it's got my wee head buzzing and somewhat pickled lol.

I know I can't build a show winning car on my funds, but I am wanting to make it stand out a bit from the sea of Mk2 Clio's that are still about.

So, if anyone has any free or cheap stuff that would suit or fit it, let me know lol

I have some B6 Passat and vrs skoda spares you could fit ? :laughing:

Paul.

RMS Regular
I've always thought the steering wheel seemed unsuited to that era of the Clio, but I don't know if there's another immediately compatible wheel that'll pass MOT. It just seems rather bulky for a compact car, if you get me.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Well this morning I did something that I've never done in my 20 + years of driving. I took the wee Clio in for MOT without looking over or doing anything to the car!

Thankfully the gamble paid off, even the MOT tester commented on how good the condition of the wee car was in.

Attachments

• IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 186

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Well this morning I did something that I've never done in my 20 + years of driving. I took the wee Clio in for MOT without looking over or doing anything to the car!

Thankfully the gamble paid off, even the MOT tester commented on how good the condition of the wee car was in.

Better than my first attempt in my clio.

Two busted springs and an airbag light :laughing:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Yesterday I did what is fast becoming my "standard" modification to any cars I own and that is to replace the cigarette lighter socket with a USB socket. This time I went a little different and got one with an added voltmeter

Attachments

• IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 163

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Yesterday I did what is fast becoming my "standard" modification to any cars I own and that is to replace the cigarette lighter socket with a USB socket. This time I went a little different and got one with an added voltmeter

Saw this on your Facebook mate ... have one ordered for the BM now :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.