My Winter Project - Old School Scooter

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
No further progress. Ground to a halt on the piston front... was waiting on a part locally but so far I haven't managed to get it so have been measuring and measuring and think I've now found the right part. Must get the finger out actually and get it ordered!

Now ordered :p

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
try talking to ypvspares on ebay he seems to be able to get a lot of stuff or try some of the american moped sites like 77mopeds etc

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Looking great Coog! I love my two-strokes.

I was rebuilding a 1984 Mk1 RD125LC before I moved over to Oz, I fully intend to get tore straight into getting it finished the moment I'm home. I had a Kawasaki AR50 when I was 16, 93cc big bore, AR80 head, AR80 6-speed box, modified flat slide carb made for a RS125, All-speeds exhaust etc etc. Pulled 87mph (Dad beside me in the car clocked it) out of it before it threw a piston and I went down the carrageway on my arse.

simon4563

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
great build. Id love to do somthing similar when i get the garage sorted

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
It's on eBay (item no. 251102990044) :sob:

Got stuck into it around a month ago, finally managed to source a pair of rings from Malaysia, took 3 weeks to arrive and when I fitted them I accidentally broke one and that was that... I went beserk and decided I had had enough. Everything else is excuses for not doing it with travelling with work, working on the MK3/Jeep inbetween, not having the license, etc. But there it is... so grab yourself a bargain lol

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Agreed :worried: You were doing well to date. If it doesnt go for a decent price will you keep it and finish it? Giving up on the 2 wheeled license idea?

It would have been pure comedy seeing you lift it out of the back of the hoooge jeep to then tinkle about on this wee thing :p

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Aye I was going rightly but in Feb I changed jobs and since then I've had absolutely no time for it. If it doesn't go for a decent price I will hold onto it and try again next winter, otherwise up the road tae fook :laughing:

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
what do ya mean you dont have licence to ride it? you only need to do a CBT lad.

tempted to bid but i just bought another moped on monday :confounded: got 3 50s and my 100 now as well as my bike bike lol. whats wrong with it anyway still? just needs a piston?

dont give up lad theres only a few hours left in it and youll be glad you saw it through

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Bid up by a second timewaster so I'll hold off for a bit yet and wait till a new set of rings comes up.

stevyg

RMS Regular
My da had one of these years ago when I was 9/10 years old. He used to splutter up the road to work on it. I remember I was out trying to get on it one day and the bike fell on me, I was laying on the ground with a motorbike on top of me gurning my lamps out and da heard me screaming and came running into the shed, stopped in his tracks, took one look at me and burst out laughing. Fecker. Cool bike though.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Parts ordered. If I fook it up again I'm going to just burn it in the back garden.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
ah so you didnt sell it i saw the auction had ended and thought that was it away

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.