New Focus Rs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
@Graham a Focus on H&R springs actually feels nicer than standard for some reason lol

The suspension really confused me with it. As a passenger it was harsh in towns. Like cheap coilover harsh. Yet on the backroads/stages being pushed on a bit it was really comfortable. Very weird.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
The suspension really confused me with it. As a passenger it was harsh in towns. Like cheap coilover harsh. Yet on the backroads/stages being pushed on a bit it was really comfortable. Very weird.

There's no need for the track suspension setting it makes them mental stiff (that's what she said) The H&R's seem to take the harshness out of the ride (also what she said)

Banned
OP
There's no need for the track suspension setting it makes them mental stiff (that's what she said) The H&R's seem to take the harshness out of the ride (also what she said)
I love how you seem to know all this info @Paul RS having never owned one and "not really been in one that much" as you said to me today on the phone :p

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I love how you seem to know all this info @Paul RS having never owned one and "not really been in one that much" as you said to me today on the phone :p

"Not really driven them that much" is what I said. Sure I was in 1041man's for ages the other week and I've been in Mark's. I can feel the difference in my arse ;)

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Whatever happened to ski1041?

giphy.gif

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

Before I say what I'm going to say I want to say I know what I'm about to say is no comparison to the new Focus RS.

:p

I have uprated shocks in my Range Rover that are designed to take some off-road abuse and with normal driving on the road at slow to normal speeds it can be a bit hard on sharp bumps.

I was on a "road" in Donegal, started rough tar and changed to hard stone/gravel and rutted. The faster I went the smoother the the ride over the road was. If you drove up it at a sensible speed the roughness was brutal.

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Before I say what I'm going to say I want to say I know what I'm about to say is no comparison to the new Focus RS.

:p

I have uprated shocks in my Range Rover that are designed to take some off-road abuse and with normal driving on the road at slow to normal speeds it can be a bit hard on sharp bumps.

I was on a "road" in Donegal, started rough tar and changed to hard stone/gravel and rutted. The faster I went the smoother the the ride over the road was. If you drove up it at a sensible speed the roughness was brutal.
Similar kinda idea in the Exige with uprated Nitron shocks sitting on firmish springs. The faster you drive the more composed and comfortable the ride gets. It is a bit fidgety at low speed and around town, but once you are running with speed on an uneven twisty B road they are just superb.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.