Oddessy car park fine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I have no problem parking over two spaces. However if I choose to do so I park at the opposite, and usually empty end of the car park. If the car park is too busy, I will find another place to park. Nothing lazy about it.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
most people who do it are lazy. the fact that they are parking at the front of the car park where everyone wants to be is the very reason that they do it, as they dont want anyone beside them. if you parked at the back of the car park you wouldnt NEED to do it as noone else would be there anyway

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I'd say they are more inconsiderate than lazy - generally people just have no consideration to others. It isn't (most of the time) ignorance, just lack of realisation IMO.

Wing the car in here no matter what way and leave it - its a car, its a parking space, I don't care etc....

I will take up two spots, like Carson, away from everyone at the back or in an area where no one else is parked. I am not lazy, I am tactical.

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
+1

Would rather park further away and in 2 spaces than up front and sandwiched in wondering if ill have dings or if I can even get the coupe doors open.

Its not lazy, its an effort to avoid unwanted dents from folk who simply dont care where they fling their doors.

scott24

RMS Member
Drives
1990 MR2 G-limit
Same happened to me, although I was only slightly parked over the second space as someone had parked over two spaces initially. Anyway, I didnt pay it and heard no more of it. Personally, il think its a joke

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
My cousin use to take 2 spaces in his 535D MSPORT. As he has had so many cnuts open doors into his car, and even had the rear bumper bashed a few time, cost him a fortune everytime to repair. Think it wa slike teh guts of £1500 for teh rear bumper. And it's been done a few times.

But he has got a few tickets over the place for doing that. in London.

he also does go for back corner spot in car parks, to try keep it safe.

Looks like parking wardens are cracking down on this using 2 spaces. regardless of what space is left.

my matre got arrested last week, for pushing a traffic warden,lol. literally a push, and the warden rang the police, and rang an ambulance. Feck all wrong with him. Liek he was still able to stand and argue with my mate, until teh police and ambulance came,lol. But complained about chest pains and had the ambulance take him to hospital. No doubt lining up for a claim.

DaddyDave

RMS Regular
UK parking control ltd are the ones that patrol in this area, they have their information plastered all over the watch dog and rogue trader sites if you google them.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Tell me this...

What would you do if you CAUGHT someone opening their car door right into your door?
It happened to me recently, a 50 yr old causing a ding in my passenger door... I flipped out on her and she even said she couldn't see a dent!

The dents are Obvious to us but the wife told me to leave it...I was FUMING!!

Gambit

RMS Regular
i often wonder who determines the size a car parking space bay should be, and is their a minimum size & what year was this decided in - the ongoing problem is cars are growing in size year by year, whereas the average car parking space size is the same as it was back in the 80's!

how many car parks have you ever seen update their bay sizes?!?!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Tell me this...

What would you do if you CAUGHT someone opening their car door right into your door?
It happened to me recently, a 50 yr old causing a ding in my passenger door... I flipped out on her and she even said she couldn't see a dent!

An old boy I used to work with saw someone doing this to his car. He went and spoke to them and was told to mind his own 'f'ing business and it was only a wee dent and to dry his eyes. So he then opened his back door with as much force as he could, driving the point into the quarter panel of the other car leaving a nice hole in it. He then said sure it's only a wee hole :laughing:

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
An old boy I used to work with saw someone doing this to his car. He went and spoke to them and was told to mind his own 'f'ing business and it was only a wee dent and to dry his eyes. So he then opened his back door with as much force as he could, driving the point into the quarter panel of the other car leaving a nice hole in it. He then said sure it's only a wee hole :laughing:
Brilliant!
I'd prob damage my own door tho!

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
Tell me this...

A year or two ago this happened to me in my runabout yaris, which I still took incredible pride in, being black and detailled to pretty much 100% correction.
I was studying for my Cisco CCNA at the time, and had to wait an hour and a half for tech to start at night, so used to dose in the car.
I got woke one night to a massive bang, hard enough that it rocked the car, I looked around, startled, and saw a woman beside me with her rear drivers side door open, neatly against my rear passenger door. She was throwing stuff around the back of her car looking for something, and all the while still bumping her door into mine.
I saw red mist, jumped into the passenger side, and pushed my door open with my foot as hard as I could into her door. It appeared to shock her as much as it had done to me originally. I got out and said "sorry you must never have seen me, must you?" then walked off. Watched the car like a hawk from the classroom after that lol.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
If I had witnessed someone do that to my car I would want their insurance and contact details. If they were not willing to comply I would phone the police - simples.

However, I go out of my way to park my car in areas where the risk and liklihood of this happening is unlikely. So far, no dents in 5 years.

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
Tell me this...

This happened to me last year when i was sitting in the car at Tullamore. A women came back to her car which was parked very tight to mine, banged my drivers door three times. I confronted her and she pleaded ignorant, obviously didn't realise I was sitting in the car. Eventually after much arguing she coughed up the cash to get the dent removed, happy days I thought!

15 mins later a guy rolled back into my front bumper, luckily no damage was done. They don't seem to give a rats arse about looking after cars down south

I very rarely park in one space now. Most people don't seem to care if they're cars are covered with dents, it annoys the hell out of me!

Mark_FR07

Drives
FR TFSI
my matre got arrested last week, for pushing a traffic warden,lol. literally a push, and the warden rang the police, and rang an ambulance. Feck all wrong with him. Liek he was still able to stand and argue with my mate, until teh police and ambulance came,lol. But complained about chest pains and had the ambulance take him to hospital. No doubt lining up for a claim.

Sounds like a p***k, should have decked him instead

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
@BigP I presume the Parking & Enforcement Agency are ike much of these companies and just being a load of scaremongering ****ehawks? :p Its only Councils and Govenrment types who can actually chase you for fines isnt it?

BigP

RMS Regular
Drives
V10 Touareg
@DadyC

They are actually a private collections company called Parkshield Collection Ltd

The law always applies to any contractual agreement i.e. when you accept the terms and conditions displayed within a carpark before you enter/pay. If you decide to break these terms and conditions then generally there is a legal case by such companies. However, if you scratch at the surface of most of the tickets/fines issued by private companies you will find that they have no legal foundation in the way in which they are issued.

So...It all depends on the circumstances the ticket/fines are issued.

Asking for photographic evidence often stops them in thier tracks

Clamping is a different matter

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I think its just a scare tactic as i had been parking outside a building which has been empty for a long time but just randomly one day they went round and put these fines on the windows of a couple of cars even though it warns you'll be clamped.

Burn it with fire i say but just wanted to double check before i did got the matches out :p

BigP

RMS Regular
Drives
V10 Touareg
3t42b1.jpg

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Asking for photographic evidence often stops them in thier tracks

Dont contact them.

A private company and cannot issue fines or penalties, all that that they can issue is an invoice which must be aimed at the person who accepts the terms of the contract (i.e. the person who parked the car). Unless they have some technology to identify or can personally identify the actual driver, they have no case at all as they do not know who accepted the contract.

Ignore it and it will go away eventually @DaddyC

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.