Oddessy car park fine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I know it appears selfish when people do this but how else can you try to prevent other vehicles getting so close to you that a careless owner won't open their door against you? Standard parking bays are not wide enough** so that both doors of an average vehicle can be opened sufficiently to allow room for a non-contortionist to exit and re-enter. If I can't find a place I'm content to park in I drive out again and head on. It isn't worth getting bashed just to get a bit of shopping done.

** And this isn't our fault. It's clearly about squeezing the maximum number of punters into the minimum space. (£££)

Personally I park at a quiet part. Or take the wifes car :p

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
Glad to see someone that isn't just rolling over and paying up on this, before seeing this thread i would have just paid the fine had it happened to me, but will have a different opinion in future

JB_VXR

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa Mito+e63 M6
That won't happen, I would be taking my chances. Even if they do get the bailiffs involved, they can't just arrive and take your possessions, they will have to apply to the court to come after you for money, and even before that they will write to you asking for the money.

I would be waiting for them to write to me before parting with any money. Think about it, they are a private company and will have to go to the DVA for your details, it's a lot of work to get a measly £100 off you, it would end up costing them more in time wasted chasing you down.

I would say this is true. The cost of pursuing you will be higher than the £100. Now if you do it a few times, then it becomes more financially viable.

EDIT: Didn't realise this was old lol.

matt81irl

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio V6 255, vts
That's interesting, thanks.

I wonder if the world would stop turning if someone were to make up spaces that were about a foot wider and therefore, more usable? :confounded: Furthermore, I wonder if those dimensions were decided upon when there weren't really many vehicles with the footprint of an X5, Q7 or Grand Voyager on the road?

It would cause some serious issues!! To take it to the realistic extreme....Housing developments would have to provide larger parking spaces, therefore less houses, apartment blocks would be affected, offices and super makets. Commercial, retail and industrial units to. Basically to provide larger parking spaces everything would have to be cut back, reduced and/or made smaller to accommodate the required amount of spaces for the type of development and have such an effect that a lot of development proposals wouldnt even be considered and VERY IMPORTANTLY feasible! (all for new developments of course)

So yes making a parking space a foot wider would have a serious impact to the construction industry!!

JB_VXR

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa Mito+e63 M6
I was in my mates car the other day and a guy in the back seat of a car parked beside us just full forced opened the door into the side of his car, did a 'hands up' gesture and walked on. Somehow the car was fine, but it happened mine previously and took £40 to take the dent out. So although annoying when you can't get a space, I totally understand why you do it. If people weren't ****ing muppets when getting outa there car there wouldn't be a problem though.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I wonder what they would do if you rocked up in one off these

f650%252525252525252Bford.jpg

scan2a.jpg

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Basically to provide larger parking spaces everything would have to be cut back, reduced and/or made smaller to accommodate the required amount of spaces for the type of development and have such an effect that a lot of development proposals wouldnt even be considered and VERY IMPORTANTLY feasible! (all for new developments of course)

So yes making a parking space a foot wider would have a serious impact to the construction industry!!

Most large suoermarket chains actually specify larger spaces, wider access lanes and shallower falls across the carpark than what is required by the Planning Authority (y)

matt81irl

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio V6 255, vts
Most large suoermarket chains actually specify larger spaces, wider access lanes and shallower falls across the carpark than what is required by the Planning Authority (y)

Your right, they generally have the means and funds to do this though. Its the smaller chains/independent stores that it would arguably have the greatest effect on.

As for the topic here, I used to park just across the line to discourage people parking beside me...but after driving around car parks trying to find spaces where people had done this (more often than not a £100 heap full of dings anyways) it started to infuriate me!

A public place in the corner of the car park is the way forward...its usually to far for miss 'i dont give a ****' or mister '**** you' to carry themselves!!

Wouldve owned up here, but paying double tickets fees i think would be fair.

chr1s

RMS Regular
OP
chr1s
UPDATE..... got a letter saying its been passed onto a debt recovery agency saying I now have 7 days to pay 160 quid or its gettin passed onto their solicitors, still adamant I'm not paying the fine lol

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
UPDATE..... got a letter saying its been passed onto a debt recovery agency saying I now have 7 days to pay 160 quid or its gettin passed onto their solicitors, still adamant I'm not paying the fine lol

Fair play mate, keep us updated

K'dg

RMS Regular
Stick to your guns man, got a couple of dubious tickets in Omagh once, I made the mistake of disputing them meaning they had my details before I'd read up on these cowboy chancers. Ignored any further correspondence with increasing 'admin' fees and threats.
Haven't heard anything now for months and months so I guess they have given up.
Don't give in!!!

noko1

RMS Member
Drives
bmw e39 530i
Hi guys an girls quite a long thread here, but can anyone tell me have they BEEN taken to court yet.
Daughter double parked about 6-8 months ago has been getting these same letters.£160 its up to now.
JUST CURIOUS

Rangerman

RMS Member
Correct me someone if i,m wrong but, I don't think N.I have bailiffs as you would see in England, No one has the power here to come to your home and seize any goods,Bar maybe customs or police with a warrant. I think the most a company can do is try to get you to the small claims court.

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Fair play, done it myself many times but never been fined thankfully, think I'd find it hard not to respond saying go f**k yourself though. Also never been in the situation where I couldn't find a space at all. I always check the edges of the car doors I pull up in between, if they're scuffed I move.

Watch out for...
d4b78002-a621-72a8.jpg

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
i got debt recovery ones from premium credit finance saying i owe them 700 odds for cancelling an adrian flux policy lol! 2 years on letters stopped an havent heard from them since! **** them.

Alan212

RMS Regular
Drives
Vx Insignia sri

Going to go either one of two ways. firstly they could keep sending you out threatening letters and use that as a scare tatic imtimidating you into paying the fine or secondly, They are going to get Ba Baracus's DA to come out and tow your car away. personally id pay it and get the stains off your back.

At the end of the day you were parking in the car park that they enforce and if you dont adhere to the rules which is displayed then you cant blame them for giving you a ticket. The sign says park within the bay. Well surely the bay is the space between TWO white lines and not between a row of upto 4 spaces.

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
I rang my solicitor n told him the situation n his exact words were "tell them to go **** themselves and just ignore their letters" lol. So I'm sticking to his advice
I like this mans attitude (y)

dd-polow

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4 TDI
i got debt recovery ones from premium credit finance saying i owe them 700 odds for cancelling an adrian flux policy lol! 2 years on letters stopped an havent heard from them since! **** them.

Just be careful thats not on ur credit report Nicky, could prove a bitch down the line if it is, takes 6 years from settlement of bad debt for it too clear.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Just be careful thats not on ur credit report Nicky, could prove a bitch down the line if it is, takes 6 years from settlement of bad debt for it too clear.

serious? when i rang them one day to query the amount :confounded: they said it was in the small print about certain percentage of the premium that needed paid etc. however i rang them and said i'd pay 350 quid and no more they were happy to write the debt off. then i worked out that the price they came up with was a load of w4nk! but as said not heard from them since.

chr1s

RMS Regular
OP
chr1s
UPDATE* got another letter from the debt recovery company saying that they are willing to drop the fine to 128 quid if its paid within the next 7 days. they then say failure to pay this may result in court action. I've not contacted the company at all, and imo i reckon they just chance thier arm getting cash outta victims and dont actually proceed with court action

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.