Oddessy car park fine

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Well little west scrotes that have been arrested in a stolen car, with drugs, age 15 while drunk get away Scott free every time so I can't see much happening to you about this Reido!

Playing any football at the minute?

chr1s

RMS Regular
OP
chr1s
well u know how the legal system works in UK, the good guys always end up worse off. Yeah back playin, but doin nets this yr dont really like running lol

itsmehoray

RMS Member
Drives
bmw
a case the same as this was being discussed on the nolan show this morning just caught the tale end of it, it may be on the iplayer thingy or a pod cast might be worth your while trying to find it

chr1s

RMS Regular
OP
chr1s
Yea they have pics. I'm listening to Todays nolan show now, only difference this person parked over 3 spaces lol

dd-polow

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4 TDI
serious? when i rang them one day to query the amount :confounded: they said it was in the small print about certain percentage of the premium that needed paid etc. however i rang them and said i'd pay 350 quid and no more they were happy to write the debt off. then i worked out that the price they came up with was a load of w4nk! but as said not heard from them since.

Might be grand but worth getting a copy of your report just to check it isnt on there. If it is you can probably have it removed but down the line you go for a mortgage etc it would be an ass. Experience talking here unfourtunately lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
No no. Them trying to prove it was your car etc. Did they take a picture?

I would have thought the owners details were protected by the Data Protection Act.

Seems it's only Data Protected until someone will pay for the details ?

gerdy

RMS Regular
i parked across 2 spaces the other week ( car psrk was quiet as it was during the day wth not much on) and a guy in white van told me to move or i will get fined £100,
at least he was decent enough to ask me instead of slapping the ticket on once i walked away..

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Were these double space parking incidents during a concert? If not, there are HUNDREDS of unused spaces in that car park- just park a bit further away!!

therock

RMS Regular
I don't understand myself how private ground companies such as these cowboys can access the owners details under the DPA either...

k20ayo

RMS Regular
I don't understand myself how private ground companies such as these cowboys can access the owners details under the DPA either...

In England they are allowed access to the DVLA databases. I'm not sure if it's that way over here, but I suppose it must be.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Is it an English debt recovery firm or one based in NI? An English one won't take you to court, had a similar scenario yearssss ago with an English debt recovery place.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Yeah, anyone with reasonable grounds for obtaining the data; parking companies have the reasonable grounds I'm afraid.
On a different note, I'd probably have paid the fine, especially if the enforcement company have went to the lengths of obtaining photos and went to DVA for the details; I'd be certain if it ever went to court, the verdict wouldn't be in the OP's favour.....

jemmyq

Drives
vw golf
hi there,
Just wondering what happened about the car park fine. I got one today, had taken my son to the xfactor concert. Parked in a corner space with a dead space beside me, someone else came second behind me and parked at a right angle so I didnt even have the space to straighten up. My back wheels were outside the line....I was RAGING! dont want to pay but dont want any hassle either!!

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
Were these double space parking incidents during a concert? If not, there are HUNDREDS of unused spaces in that car park- just park a bit further away!!

exactly, people who park in 2 spaces are pure lazy.. they always do it near the front of the car park

just ****ing go to the back of the car park and noone else will park near you anyway and make the 30 second extra walk.

gsmith

RMS Regular
taking 2 spaces hardly makes you lazy.lazy is when some pr1ck leaves a trolley lying beside your car. il admit i always park over 2 spaces but il park at the back of the carpark. if the car parks full il not take 2 spaces iam considerate that way:p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.