Project Old Skool Chopper

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Yeah that's me brian. It's been a long aul build :p

I'll take a few pics of the frame tomorrow and post them up.

Thanks Cro. It's coming on well. You get an engine crane sorted yet?

Connor

Cro

RMS Regular
No joy on the crane yet Connor. Can I assume you are gonna grow a handlebar moustache for the first ride when this is done :p

Never_back_down

RMS Regular
Drives
RX7 typeR / GSXR
Come on mate get the finger out get her ready for the weather change, so can get plenty custom ones out there;)

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Ok another yearly update :p

Dissertation's ****ing with my head so taking a break to post this.

Lee, I and a few others have been doing a bodywork and spraying course in tech the past few months and after plastic welding and smoothing bumpers for her own project I took the wee sportster tank for this bike in one night to repair it and let her learn to spray properly on it. Turned out even better than I imagined never mind it being her first proper spray job :laughing: Not a flaw in it.

It's Suzuki Swift Suprime Red. It's a hard colour to picture and it's bright red in the sun and the gold flake really bounces and in the shade it's almost burgandy red.

A few W.I.P. pics:
IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

Pic of it showing the gold flake:
IMG_1126.jpg

Pics:
IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

and in the shade:
IMG_1152.jpg

Connor

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
**** the dissertation sharkey. Cant be bothered any more.

Cheers folks, well stoked about the colour and finish. It was between this and Imola red. think i chose well.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
the polo has taken over Ben :p

the tank's sittin in my room and the frame and associated bits are in my workshop. It needs wire wheels and wired to finish it just but Polo comes first then this is next.

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
No progress Daisy . I think it's safe to say there'll be no progress on this on this until at least after March '13. He's too busy with work and the polo which is due to be debut at Ultimate Dubs :laughing: I'm sure he'll try to get the chopper in some shape for the summer. He can never not have a project on!

Saunts

RMS Regular
anymore info on that spraying course? i'd love to do something like that during the week.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Do you want me to call up and collect this so it can get finished once and for all? I've stripped, rebuilt and then modified a fleet in the time it's taken you to update this thread, never mind start to finish... Lol

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
its sitting in bits and to finish it it needs assembled and wired. which won't be for a while :-P

the painting was just a night course at my local tech. I've painted for years just sorta self taught but picked up so much at it.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Next march will be long gone too lol. Im struggling to do anything atm bar work at other people's things as that costs me nothing.

I've to rewire my dads bike from scratch so it'll gimme a bita practice for this if I ever get cash together. Bloody *****.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.