quinn direct and driving other uninsured cars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big cyril

RMS Regular
But you need an insurance cert with the car reg on it to get a tax disc so how can this go on for more than a year?

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
big cyril said:
But you need an insurance cert with the car reg on it to get a tax disc so how can this go on for more than a year?

It can't unless you change the car within that time for another one that has tax on it

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
pablo said:
someone told me quinn certs dont have the reg on them is this true?

Just checked mine there, it actually doesnt have the reg on the certificate!

It just has a heading 'description of vehicle' and it says under that 'Any one vehicle owned by the policyholder or hired to the policy holder'

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
OP
Marty Lad
Drives
E46 M3
my mate had his 1.9 td 306 insured in his own name with quinn and was driving a scoob that was insured by his dad there for about 8 months. Also, when i bought the golf my dad phoned his insurance company to check out if he could drive it home, they told him he could, but he would only be covered third party. Im gonna insure the SRi in my dads name with him as the registered owner (only costs about 300 anyway) then pay the 2900 to insure myself in my own name on the golf, should definitley be covered then even though i would probably still be covered without insuring the SRi in my dads name at all.

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
I had an accident while driving another car third party only.

I got a producer for my own insurance (a 306 i use for insurance), produced it and job done. Havnt heard another thing about it.

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
OP
Marty Lad
Drives
E46 M3
pablo said:
We are mugs insurung M3s if it is legal.

No you aren't, if you didnt have the M3 insured on a seperate policy, then it would be uninsured if you left it parked anywhere, so if it was stolen you wouldn't get one penny, same story goes for if you had an accident and there was no other car involved, you wouldn't be able to claim for your car, you'd feel like a right mug then

Ma55ey

RMS Regular
Both cars have 2 be insured taxed and mot'd,my mate bought a 1.1metro and insured it thru quinn then the mot ran out on it so he scrapped it,kept payin the insurance and drove his boss's 1.6 impreza which his boss had insured then crashed it into sum1,quinn wont pay out coz the metro woz not road worthy and therfore technically woznt insured which meant he woznt insured 2 drive ne other car!!!!! He now gettin dun by cops 4 driving with no insurance,and his boss gettin dun 4 lending him the car knowing he had no insurance to cover him!!!

Jst watch quinn,they r slimy fkrs and will pull the stops out 2 get out of payin 4 nethin like that!!!

PhilG

RMS Regular
MASSEY BURNOUT said:
Both cars have 2 be insured taxed and mot'd,my mate bought a 1.1metro and insured it thru quinn then the mot ran out on it so he scrapped it,kept payin the insurance and drove his boss's 1.6 impreza which his boss had insured then crashed it into sum1,quinn wont pay out coz the metro woz not road worthy and therfore technically woznt insured which meant he woznt insured 2 drive ne other car!!!!! He now gettin dun by cops 4 driving with no insurance,and his boss gettin dun 4 lending him the car knowing he had no insurance to cover him!!!

Jst watch quinn,they r slimy fkrs and will pull the stops out 2 get out of payin 4 nethin like that!!!

The terms and conditions of quinn directs 3rd party extension state that the car your driving that isn't yours cannot be you bosses car.

Pocket_rocket

just renewed my own policy recently with flux, this year as im 25 i got the " driving other cars" extensions, since this is the first year i ever had it i asked about all the ins and outs so i knew what i could and couldnt get away with, basically they told me pretty much all insurers IF the driver is over 25. a lot of policys can state this on policces but when you read small print it doesnt stand for under 25 drivers. you would need to check up on it if your under 25 by ringing them and asking.
the other thing is on my policy and also mum and dads it states that the other car your driving MUST NOT BE IN YOUR NAME, ie you cant go buy a pile of cars and insure the cheapest one and drive the rest.
SOME policies also state that the other car MUST be insured by another person.
ie i can drive any car with the owners permission as long as its NOT in my name, my brother can drive any other car if its not in his name but that car also has to be insured by another person.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.