Rate your Products.

gsmith

RMS Regular
@bora-gav i have the autoglym one I use on my own stuff and use either the new gold Angelwax one or the Autobrite one on any cars I have in for work. Angelwax and Autobrite ones both get abused product left in them and fired around the garage 🫢😂 Have them both around a year still going

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I use the autobrite one had it 12 years odd changed to detailed onlines one as it was a bigger bottle as I didn't get on well with the small bottle with it falling. Used it now probably 2/3 years no issues.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I’ve not had a problem with my autoglym one, gets set on a shelf when not in use but has been knocked off a couple of times and seems sturdy enough to me

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
MTM PF22 Only one in my eyes worth it tbh. I the older style 5 Years now no Issues at all

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Im a pretty basic car washer but have got a free amazon voucher and have more than one car with not great paint so have decided to spend it on whatever I need for a decent (keeping it cheap enough) paint refresh wash routine to help remove swirls / small scratches etc and bring back some shine and was hoping some of you gurus could point me in the right direction of what I need and what order I need to do it in.

I have the below to work with in the garage:
Anachem alloy wheel cleaner
Couple of bottles of autoglym super resin polish
Couple of bottles of autoglym extra gloss protection
(Both of the above have been there for years)
Bilt hamber double speed wax
Some form of snow foam
Some form of car shampoo
Some form of meguiars spray wax
Anachem hybrid
Couple of decent mitts and microfibre cloths

Cheers

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
@Cookies recommended car-chem 1900:1 shampoo and I’ve used a lot and really like it.
Snowfoam wise I go between Anachem and Autobrite
Pre cleaner either articulate or citriclean from Anachem are great
Wheels - cleanse or purge
Spray on wax I still love ultra gloss. Tried that gtechniq one and it’s not great
Windows I use glaco
Tyres I use ultra sheen
Mitt I use an adams polish one
2 buckets
Autobrite snow foam Lance
Stubby gun on a k4

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
If polishing by hand I would use good old Autoglym or fusso99 wax

I’m no way as into it as some on the forum so others might give other advice, everyone will have their own go to products.
Thanks for the help 👍

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Cheers @jonny_w, any recommendations on a gd polish for hand polishing swirls/scrapes?
You'll ideally need to use something that contains fillers to mask the swirls. Autoglym Super Resin Polish, or Ultra Deep Shine are about as good as You'll get, and are easily picked up in halfords. Soft 99 Scratch Clear is also brilliant.

To deal with scratches and swirls properly, you'll really need a machine, pads and some compound.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
If polishing by hand I would use good old Autoglym or fusso99 wax

I’m no way as into it as some on the forum so others might give other advice, everyone will have their own go to products.
Depending on car colour, the Poorboys Black Hole or White Diamond can be used to cover a few light swirls and are both easy to apply/ remove

Chris0

RMS Regular
Any recommendations for a wheel sealant?

Looking to put a set of wheels on the car and want to put something on to make them easier to clean over the winter and stop them getting completely destroyed

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Gtechniq C5 wheel armour but you need to ensure the wheels are squeaky clean and have time to cure

You also have the old school likes of Poor Boys which I love

1698920347224.png

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Got this from MotorSport and Spares last month.

Really impressed with it.
20231102_103704.jpg

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I still use @Big Pimp products after all these years as they are hard to beat.

I did by the carbon collective shampoo with Sio and it’s useless imo only bought it cheap

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's

Looking to put a set of wheels on the car and want to put something on to make them easier to clean over the winter and stop them getting completely destroyed

I put Infinity Wax Synergy 2 ceramic coating on the wheels of my Ducati and they've been great. Ceramics are going to give the best results and longevity, CarPro Dlux, GTechniq C5 or Gyeon Q2 Rim would all do the job.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

If you want something ridiculously easy to apply, try Gyeon wetcoat.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW

KKD Revolve is without a doubt one of the best I've used on wheels. So far, it's lasted 3 years and counting. Only ever needed shampoo to clean the brake dust off the faces and barrels, and seems to have protected them from wash marring or light scratches. Can't do much about kerbs though lol.

Nasiol ZR53 is also excellent and very easy to apply. Slightly expensive though. I had ot on the wheels of both my 3 series, and the water behaviour and contamination protection was just brilliant.

Last edited:

Chris0

RMS Regular
Before I got a hold of a sealant or wax I gave the wheels a decent scrub tonight. Do the job for winter wheels on the daily

Used @Big Pimp A-Kem’s wheel cleaner and it made life so much easier. I only had a scrubbing brush for the barrels and a ‘detailing’ brush for the faces, couldn’t be bothered getting the power hose and buckets out for just wheels

IMG_9519.jpeg

IMG_9520.jpeg

IMG_9521.jpeg

IMG_9523.jpeg

IMG_9524.jpeg