"Reasonable Force"

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
The guy who had the evo4 stolen on her a few months back there were 2 car loads showed up to take it so six people minimum. Very rare you will have a lone thief come for your possessions or your car so the odds are highly stacked against you.

Know a farmer who saw some fellas heading into his yard at night so he walked into a large cattle shed and started cracking of the shotgun inside the tin building and that worked a treat.

If there is a squad there to get your car call the police and hope for the best. If its wife and kids in danger time then do what you want and dont worry about legality or reasonable force, if the guy is on drugs you may have to kill him to get him to stop and so be it. And so what if you have to do time, your family is safe.

People worry too much about the legal side of defence just do what you feel is necessary and deal with the consequences later.

rosie

RMS Regular
Drives
anything that bl
Honestly I think id let them take the car - id break my heart but better that than getting stabbed trying to fight them off and then they'd take the car anyhow.

Cars can be replaced a family member can't.
Doesn't matter anyway we have our huge chocolate brwon lab "guard dog" lol she'd maybe lick them to death.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I'd do whatever it takes tbh, even I ended up serving time for it. It's easy to say 'its only a car and can be replaced' but we don't work our asses off just so thieves can take something away, force us to replace it and land us with higher insurance premiums. Then come and take it again.

It's the principle of the matter really. Unfortunately on the few occasions when I have encountered thieves they were long gone before I could get anywhere near them.

scub

Banned
base ball bat them unconscious , cover their faces in dog food and leave my dogue de bordeaux with a hatred of strangers in the room with him for 5 minutes(y)
well in my mind thats what d happen , in reality if they're holding a knife over your face your giving them the keys.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
.22 in the knees. Unfortunately I dont have access to a double barrell shotgun.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Short answer is nobody knows what you can do.

You have the right to "defend yourself". If you do, you will be dragged to court, and a jury will decide if you were in the right or not. Depending on circumstances you may or may not get legal aid.

Meanwhile, the thief will get some hot food and a drive home.

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
Its what you say and how you word it that determines whether you get jailed for defending yourself, you could easily kill six people and walk free as long as you don't say something stupid like "I wanted to teach them a lesson". This country, and its legal system does allow you to defend yourself in whatever you deem necessary to preserve your own life; its the human rights bollocks that lets the thieves off and treats them like their in the right!

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
A wee tip, if someone ever does have something like this happen is not to open your mouth to police until you see a solicitor or someone proficient in this type of law and think very carefully about what you say! (y)

The police can sometimes be a bigger enemy and threat then the thief / criminal; I unfortunately have experience of this that nearly messed up my life! :mad:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I guess they could also scoop out your remaining body parts from the wreckage with a shovel and sweep the remaining pieces of your motor into a black bag.... and steal it.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
A wee tip, if someone ever does have something like this happen is not to open your mouth to police until you see a solicitor or someone proficient in this type of law and think very carefully about what you say! (y)

The police can sometimes be a bigger enemy and threat then the thief / criminal; I unfortunately have experience of this that nearly messed up my life! :mad:

Think long and hard before saying anything.....after such a traumatic incident, you would of course need time before making any statement.
And as Santoz says, with proper sound legal representation with you !!!

The legal system can easily twist a perfectly innocent persons statement, into a well worded confession of guilt.

The rules in the US may not be the same as the UK...but this is still an excellent listen

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc]YouTube - Dont Talk to Police[/ame]

EDZ 7

RMS Member
OP
EDZ 7
Drives
BMW Coupe
Sounds like Good Advice santoz.

‘You have the right to remain silent'

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
The only thing you should ever say to a cop after arrest is "Please sir, not in the face again"

Your comments after arrest get read out in court ;)

initialbmx

RMS Regular
Drives
mercedes e240
hit them on the back of the head with a hammer , put them in the boot of the car, [might have to remove some stereo] take them to the top of the glenshane, rape them with a piece of copper pipe and barbed wire.[ put the wire inside the tube, all the way, and pull the tube out]. tie them to a tree and leave them to rot. if they manage to untie themselves, they still wont be able to walk too far....................... and ill be waiting down the road..ohhhhhhhh yesssssss. one less thieving ****bag.

NEALE206

Drives
PEUGEOT206SPORT
i got broke into in 08, cop that came out said he was robbed a few months before, chased after them got hold of one of them then the other 2 came back kicked the f**k outa the cop. still had the bruises. said best thing to do is to let them take it. if it was to happen to me again and i heard them id set my g shephard on them, punch myself in the face say came at me and was self defence.

rmsnoel

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly..
Would this thread count as pre-meditated,, if you defend defend yourself with that 3x2 the builders must have left behind cause you never seen it before

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.