Red Light Camera - Westlink

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

datsun9292

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
OK heres the thing.

I may have skipped through A red light, and may have got caught by the camera on way home from work last night around 845 or so, going up onto the onslip to the M3 from westlink. I didnt see any flash, but this doesnt mean it didnt happen.

If i did, i accept all libility. Im not here to ask for assistance in making me look innocent, like other people ask for. lol

All im wondering is, has anyone went through this light before and got a fine, OR has anyone went though this red light camera, and not got a fine?

I have heard rumours that this camera doesnt work, but never actually heard of anyone getting caughy by this particular camera.

Any advice or anything anyone can offer would be great

Thanks

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
Have driven through that light before by mistake (can't emergency stop in the rain with 3.5 ton on the back) and never had or seen any flash. Though any time i've done it, it's been literally 1-2 seconds after its went red. Perhaps there's a time allowance before it scoops you, though that is just a guess.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I have never seen that flash and have witnessed plenty of drivers going through it late - fingers crossed!

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
Really Boydie, I see that camera flashing all the time, but its always people going from town towards Newtownards Road.

This the camera on Onslip to M3 from Westlink?

Fingers crossed there is some kind of delay, or even the possibility that it wasnt working or something, Points and fine dont bother me, just worried case i end up going to court lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Are we not talking about the camera under the overpass from the westlink towards the odyssey?

Its on the right hand side where the telegraph seller stands all the time?

avo5021

RMS Regular
It definitely works...

However there is a specific criteria it works on, its based on you crossing the line on a full Red and that you travel over the sensors to trigger it and then the second sensor to evidence you are still travelling..

People that say they are caught purely because they broke the white line are normally being liberal with the truth..

I would say if it didnt flash then you SHOULD be ok, NIP's are sent out within 14 days, the images are downloaded once a week from those devices..

Doovde

Banned
Drives
Nothing ford/VAG
Does the camera not only potentially catch people heading towards the airport though? Don't believe it is set to catch people heading towards the flyover.

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
The camera points to the onslip, passing through the lights whicih would be towards the airport. Its wierd, though, i work on boucher road and pass that camera sometimes twice a day, and ive never went through lol must not have been thinking lol

So after the 14 days, whats the liklihood of still getting an FPN?

avo5021

RMS Regular
If you are the Registered Keeper and your address is correct then if there is one issued it will be with you within the 14 days...

Its only when address's etc etc arent correct the process is delayed..

pablo

RMS Moderator
they seem to have a very generous delay. Ive seen ones go through at york street there (just before M2 starts) and they didnt flash. Unless they dont flash during the day or something.

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
they seem to have a very generous delay. Ive seen ones go through at york street there (just before M2 starts) and they didnt flash. Unless they dont flash during the day or something.

Before M2 Starts? or u mean M3?

I didnt see a flash, but again, doesnt mean it didnt flash, or record anything

pablo

RMS Moderator
between art college and M2, not the one you were at, which is close but just before the onramp to the M3.

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
between art college and M2, not the one you were at, which is close but just before the onramp to the M3.

Ohh yes, i know where u are. Hope the one at york street/m3 onslip, works the same lol. Il be sure not to make the same mistake twice anyway lol

Vics

RMS Member
I got flashed by this camera when it was in its try out stage, it was around 8am and i could see the flash quite clearly, thats what brought my attention to it.. I didn’t get a FPN as it was only in try out stage..(I emailed the police about it, seemingly they have to publically advertise that they are erecting new traffic light cameras).
As for now i am usually sitting at the traffic lights coming off the M2 at tea time and can see this camera and i haven’t seen it flash once when cars are going through amber / red lights..it's the same for the one on York Road, a bloke went through the red light and nearly hit me and it still didnt go off!!

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
As for now i am usually sitting at the traffic lights coming off the M2 at tea time and can see this camera and i haven’t seen it flash once when cars are going through amber / red lights..it's the same for the one on York Road, a bloke went through the red light and nearly hit me and it still didnt go off!!

Well, i hope ur right ,
As far as im aware, the other lights for cars that cross the path of the traffic going onto the onslip, hadnt gone green at this stage as i was passing. Its a pity there was no way of checking if you got caught for any fixed camera offence lol

avo5021

RMS Regular
You could ring the Fixed Penalty Processing Centre (FPPC) but i think all they will tell you is its downloaded once a week, unless it was downloaded very recently and they may be able to check it...

0845 600 8000 and ask for Fixed Penalty Processing Centre @ Lisnasharragh...

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Could be worse. You could stop at the red light and have some **** rear end you. Mind you, he doesnt get points or a fine.

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
Could be worse. You could stop at the red light and have some **** rear end you. Mind you, he doesnt get points or a fine.

Lol yea thats true. I didnt mean to, stupid i know, but mistakes are in fact made at some stage in life lol

I thanks for the number, i may call them and find out lol. Would they openly tell u if u have been caught tho?

avo5021

RMS Regular
Cant say if they will or they wont tbh, i have rang them before about the same Camera as i moved across the line whilst on a solid red to allow an Ambulance through the Junction but i was told then about the Images not being downloaded till a few days later...

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
Ill maybe give them a couple of days, and check with them. Only happend last night, so im maybe counting my chickens lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.