Red Light Camera - Westlink

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Go throw a car tyre over the camera, and dose in petrol, and a match.

Job done, bob's yer uncle, fanny's your aunt and no ticket,lol

Actions not condoned by myself though, take your penalty charge like a big boy.

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
Wish RMS had a "Not like" button for comments that do not help lol

Not what i asked lol and yes i have already said ill accept the charge if it comes to that lol

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
Anybody know if this camera works by the embedded lines on the ground?
May be looking into it a bit, but im bored in work

On looking at google street view, i can see 4 lines in the middle lane, that are positioned over the white line.. Doesnt seem to be any on far left or right lane.. Would these be to trigger the camera? I was in the far left lane

Here is a link to show u
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=york+street+belfast&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=47.569986,78.837891&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=York+St,+Belfast+BT15+1,+United+Kingdom&ll=54.610752,-5.924549&spn=0,0.038495&z=15&layer=c&cbll=54.606881,-5.92456&panoid=qSW1_WhJBQ3f8CGZ2O2qqA&cbp=12,119.64,,0,23.07"]york street belfast - Google Maps[/ame]

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL

On looking at google street view, i can see 4 lines in the middle lane, that are positioned over the white line.. Doesnt seem to be any on far left or right lane.. Would these be to trigger the camera? I was in the far left lane

Here is a link to show u
york street belfast - Google Maps

My honest advice, DO NOT WORRY. At the end of the day it's too late. Just forget about it, if it comes in 2 weeks, then just deal with it. No point stressing yourself.

But going by the above comments, if you didn't see it flash, I'd take it you weren't snapped.

Not point worrying over something that likely isn't going to happen.

Vics

RMS Member

Here is a link to show u
york street belfast - Google Maps

Here's the reply i got from the PSNI when i enquired about the cameras back in 2007:

There are 5 Red Light Running Cameras in the Belfast area. The cameras are not operational. They will all become operational in the near future. There will be Media coverage of the official launch. The cameras detect vehicles breaching the red light. You should however be aware that Amber means stop at the stop line.Red and Amber also means stop.Motorists detected will be issued with a Notice of Intended prosecution within 14 days.A response of driver admission is then required within 21 days.A conditional offer of fixed penalty is then issued and payment must be made within 28days. The penalty is a fine of £60 and 3 penalty points.
There are no immediate plans to install further RLR cameras however PSNI are constantly striving to improve road safety measures.

KillerJim

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 / TVR
I drive through it everyday, and seen many many people go through it whilst red.. never seen a flash so I think you're safe..

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
I drive through it everyday, and seen many many people go through it whilst red.. never seen a flash so I think you're safe..

*** it. Ill just grin and bear it. Damage done, 14 days ill report back and let u all know how it goes lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Cant say if they will or they wont tbh, i have rang them before about the same Camera as i moved across the line whilst on a solid red to allow an Ambulance through the Junction but i was told then about the Images not being downloaded till a few days later...

I was quite surprised I didnt get sent out a NIP when the **** smashed into the back of me pushing me through the red light.

If they dont work, stopping like a good citizen has cost me a few grand. Great safety cameras those.

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
Yeah and the worst part about it, the 3 points currently on my license are due to come of in 3 weeks. lol

Id rather pay a bigger fine, than get points (in circumstances such as this)

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
Yea suppose. Not going to dispute that. I have had 1 or 2 near misses from people flying through red lights, as my lights go green

pablo

RMS Moderator
you know yourself if you were coming down that sliproad from the M2 at 40/50 and the light changed to amber youd fire on through. Not the best if someone slips the red. I guess thats why its there.

Sounds like you werent too bad tho if it didnt flash.

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
you know yourself if you were coming down that sliproad from the M2 at 40/50 and the light changed to amber youd fire on through. Not the best if someone slips the red. I guess thats why its there.

Sounds like you werent too bad tho if it didnt flash.

Yeah thats true. Would make a mess id say

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
running red lights is a real danger though, far worse than speeding (in most cases).

My "record" suggests stopping at red lights is quite dangerous. And the driver that was going to run that red light, doesnt get points, doesnt get a fine, in fact doesnt even get told off.

I think I've a right to be pretty ****ed off about it.

If I had driven through, which TBH would have been perfectly safe to do so. I would have risked getting points and being the bad guy.
The only reason I did stop, was because of the camera.

In some cases running a red light is of course dangerous, but more often than not, that early stage of red/maybe, poses little or no danger to a anyone.

I would imagine that accident rates do go up at red camera sites, although the numbers will never be known as the accidents are never recorded.

pablo

RMS Moderator
your accident was nothing to do with red light cameras, it was due to the person behind you not paying attention.

Either that or you were going to run it, decided not to, then slammed on the anchors causing an accident.

I wasnt there so Ill not judge.

pablo

RMS Moderator
well if you cant stop in a 30mph zone when a light turns to amber, and before it turns red, then you cant drive very well.

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
Thats a good example of how the accident rate goes up at camera sites arseholes behind you not paying attention. its a corrupt system, because none of this gets taken into consideration for the poor sod (you) trying to save your license

pablo

RMS Moderator
you get hit from behind, insurance pays out. simples. Ok its a bit of hassle but at the end of the day stupid people will do stupid things no matter what the location, and thats what insurance is for. You wont lose NCB and in theory shouldnt be out any money if your ins company is any good.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
If the accidents at lights were recorded they would be blamed on speed anyway, "Going to fast to get stopped"....
\when in reality its usually a case of sitting 2 car length's off somones hole. Which is what 80% of this country seems to do regardleass of what speed they travel at 8o|^o)

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
well if you cant stop in a 30mph zone when a light turns to amber, and before it turns red, then you cant drive very well.

That was sort of my point, someone said running lights was more dangerous than speeding...the only reason someone has for running a light is either speeding or not paying attention.

datsun9292

RMS Regular
OP
datsun9292
Drives
Nissan Almera GT
That was sort of my point, someone said running lights was more dangerous than speeding...the only reason someone has for running a light is either speeding or not paying attention.

I agree with ya. IF i was to choose one of these in my situation, id say not paying attention.. i was driving my 106 diesel... It doesnt go fast lol

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Yep, I've ran a 1 or 2 through lack of attention, I'm sure it's happened to most at some stage

DaddyC: Agree 100% for people that hit the back of someone they can only have been driving too close (probably the same morons that sit in the passing lane @ 65 in their derv 4door saloons). But I was on about the first person in the queue, going through the light and ploughing into other traffic. That is caused by either going too fast to get stopped or not paying attention.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.