Smart Parking Limited parking fine

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Another one received. It’s the final ( I hope )

View attachment 379224
A lot of "at risk, in the event, may result, some circumstances etc". All a bit vague and no direct language, ie, this will affect you through such and such.

Also note the underlined at the bottom,

"This case is not subject to high court or bailiff action."

If that's the case, how do they propose to enforce the fine?

Reactions: PDK

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
1667295440540.png

scam redmond GIF by YoungerTV

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
My dad got a fine for overstaying the 1 hour car park at the M&S at the airport for a whopping 1 min and 30 secs. He was shopping with my mum. Now a letter from Debt recovery plus. Lots of threats on the letter about legal action, credit score impact etc...I know the current consensus is to bin it but has anyone actually every had any tangible negative impact from this?

anyone ever had any success contacting the store itself? my parents are 75 and can actually prove they were shopping in the store. They're looking for £170 which simply won't be paid.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
To be honest I would be trying to contact the store and make it clear that you believe the press/Nolan would be interested in a story that elderly couple charged £170 because they're 75 and can't do a shop in under 1 hour!

And subsequent hounding from debt recovery agency with winter knocking on the door, price of heating/electric etc....

Would make for a juicy bone for him to get stuck into... would be an interesting one for their customer service department/pr

Dan.86

RMS Regular
My dad got a fine for overstaying the 1 hour car park at the M&S at the airport for a whopping 1 min and 30 secs. He was shopping with my mum. Now a letter from Debt recovery plus. Lots of threats on the letter about legal action, credit score impact etc...I know the current consensus is to bin it but has anyone actually every had any tangible negative impact from this?

anyone ever had any success contacting the store itself? my parents are 75 and can actually prove they were shopping in the store. They're looking for £170 which simply won't be paid.
I contacted the car park owners for the one my mother got 6 years ago but there was no point because they just asked for her name and which I didn’t provide obviously. My mum was being a customer and enjoying a coffee for longer than allowed apparently.

No negative impact but the letters were progressively more hilarious the more threatening they got. The debt collector is the same company with the same details. It’s a parking charge, not a parking fine.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Been done to death….
The advice is- No requirement to pay it at all, the letters will stop And do not contact anyone.

If you can’t deal with binning a letter every now and again and question any of the advice then go ahead and pay it

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
We were rinsed for the fine through a lease company plus admin plus interest. That’s about the only time there could be consequences. I fought it and won but it took effort.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Don’t ring the store. Don’t respond to the letter(s). Put them in the bin, pour your dad a whiskey and your mum a sherry, stick on Emmerdale for them and tell them to never waste another thought on it.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Been done to death….
The advice is- No requirement to pay it at all, the letters will stop And do not contact anyone.

If you can’t deal with binning a letter every now and again and question any of the advice then go ahead and pay it

Laws do change from time to time ^o) and some of the advice in this thread is now 5+ years old.

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
The mother in law got a smart parking ticket through the door yesterday. Clearly shows her driving. Still the same advice? Use it as a firelighter? 🔥

Dorno

RMS Regular
Drives
a few!
Another vote for consumer council. I didn’t know consumer council fought these on your behalf until I was in with them doing some video work for their website. Turns out because they’re so good at appealing them usually smart parking just roll over and cancel it when they see the initial email coming from the Consumer Council email address. I was always an advocate of dumping them in the bin and have done in the past. But had two recently because of work related things that ran over time. And wasn’t excited about having double the letters arriving all the time. Passed both on to the consumer council with my new found knowledge of their services and boom. Both dropped without consumer council having to argue or give details as to why. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Worth a shout if you can’t be arsed with the letters scaring the wife lol

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Slightly different …
Received a Nexus parking fine from Blackburn, England.
Bought a car in Blackburn, stopped off at a random empty car park for 30 mins to check over the car etc and left ,
Now received this fine, and I’ve no idea what signs would have been in the car park etc re times/ enforcement…

I know we can ignore our fines in NI but will I be pursued to an English court ?

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
To be honest I think they can try and chase you.But bailiffs can’t touch you over here.Could affect your credit file.its a bit of a grey area

Davytog

RMS Regular
Drives
GTD
I see parking at the Fairhill Centre in Ballymena (hi) is now under Smart parking using ANPR system and no barriers. Surely based on all thats written hear thats almost an open invitation to ignore paying anything and enjoy an endless supply of fire lighters?

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I see parking at the Fairhill Centre in Ballymena (hi) is now under Smart parking using ANPR system and no barriers. Surely based on all thats written hear thats almost an open invitation to ignore paying anything and enjoy an endless supply of fire lighters?
Problem is that most of the population don’t realise it’s not enforceable and no powers to prosecute rhe owner like on Mainland