Screenshot_20211130-215618.png

Rocko

RMS Regular
OP
Rocko
Drives
Pure Soul
Will they swap me one for a Tesla?

Premium gets the hideous wheels, Ultimate is the one to have.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Will they swap me one for a Tesla?

Premium gets the hideous wheels, Ultimate is the one to have.
Yup, when I read up on them it was the wheels in the Premium I couldn't like. Why do manufacturers fit **** looking wheels to lower spec cars?

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Polestar 2 is a good shout, saw one recently and its pretty good looking.

Rocko

RMS Regular
OP
Rocko
Drives
Pure Soul
1638352331820.png

1638352308651.png

That isn't too bad actually. Less quoted range than the Model 3, tiny bit slower.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've seen a few of the Polestars. There's one round the corner from here. Looks are a subjective thing but if it was cheaper than the Tesla I'd probably take it but I don't think it looks as good. Otherwise I would be going for the Tesla too tbh.

It's funny how the Korean cars are lauded by most but it's not a clear cut or easy decision when it's your own money at stake, especially at this price point. I suspect a lot of the sales will continue to be due to pricing but we'll see how many of the endorsers pay full wack for one over the next few years (I suspect not many).

Seems fairly crap that there's no deals locally. Is there not even an option for someone here to match? Have you looked into leasing through your bank? Halifax or First Direct (can't remember which) do it.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
I've seen a few Ioniq 5 deals in the £300-400 a month bracket which are pretty compelling. Not sure if it was the top spec car but it was still a 5 second to 60 car, and they look absolutley superb to me. For daily use I think it would be great, plus it's hatchback versus Tesla 3 being a saloon.

Last edited:

Rocko

RMS Regular
OP
Rocko
Drives
Pure Soul
Is there not even an option for someone here to match?

Only had one local quote so far, said they could maybe do a bit better but would nowhere near the GB numbers. £100+ a month more.

The £300-£400 deals fairly rocket when you start to look into 15k miles.

Rocko

RMS Regular
OP
Rocko
Drives
Pure Soul
I've seen a few Ioniq 5 deals in the £300-400 a month bracket which are pretty compelling. Not sure if it was the top spec car but it was still a 5 second to 60 car, and they look absolutley superb to me. For daily use I think it would be great, plus it's hatchback versus Tesla 3 being a saloon.

Only the range topping Ioniq 5 is close to a 5 second 0-60.

KevM

RMS Regular
0-60 is only a party piece. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, does it?
I mean, would someone spend £40k+, just to accelerate away from lights faster than Michelle, who's on the school run in her 320d with eBay M-Performance stickers and 3 cracked M4 replica alloys? Michelle doesnt care. Michelle wont even notice

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Was Paddy at Carmerical not able to get you a decent quote? He's done loads of Tesla's recently.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
0-60 is only a party piece. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, does it?
I mean, would someone spend £40k+, just to accelerate away from lights faster than Michelle, who's on the school run in her 320d with eBay M-Performance stickers and 3 cracked M4 replica alloys? Michelle doesnt care. Michelle wont even notice
Agreed. That Carwow video, without any drama it did a 4.79 to 60. The next model down would be perfectly fine for daily use imo, as the Tesla and the really fast accelerating stuff I could see being frustrating in normal use. Most other road users just aren't calibrated for it, and certainly in my case the opportunities to take advantage of a 3 second car aren't there.

I'd be more interested to know what happens to the range when doing 90+ down the motorway as I imagine aero will play a significant part in the real world range.

Rocko

RMS Regular
OP
Rocko
Drives
Pure Soul

Rocko cares. Not sure why you'd spend £40k+ on a car with less spec than another one TBH.

Agreed. That Carwow video, without any drama it did a 4.79 to 60. The next model down would be perfectly fine for daily use imo, as the Tesla and the really fast accelerating stuff I could see being frustrating in normal use. Most other road users just aren't calibrated for it, and certainly in my case the opportunities to take advantage of a 3 second car aren't there.

I'd be more interested to know what happens to the range when doing 90+ down the motorway as I imagine aero will play a significant part in the real world range.

The model in the carwow video is top spec. The next model down is 215hp, 135 less than the Tesla.

No offence to Hyundai drivers, but if I aimed for a Model 3 LR and ended up in a mid spec Ioniq 5, I'd be disappointed.

Was Paddy at Carmerical not able to get you a decent quote? He's done loads of Tesla's recently.

Sent him an email, must follow up on it.