Tesla Model Y Now Available to Order

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Nope 65k list price didn't get you heated seats in the 2019 model anyway.
It's away in the JLR boucher now, low voltage system completely gone. They reckon it'll be in a month.
Screenshot_20220501_073937_com.jaguar.incontrolremote.jpg

Now mine tells me it has been stolen despite being on my driveway and blocked both (!) apps.
11 months until it's away for another tesla....

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
You should call them in a panic.
No chance I'm phoning them, my colleague gets called by them in the middle of the night at least once a month with this crap. I'm not linking my number to anything to give them the opportunity. I'll live without the apps.

One literally looks like it could have been written by someone of my generation in gcse IT in 2002.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
No chance I'm phoning them, my colleague gets called by them in the middle of the night at least once a month with this crap. I'm not linking my number to anything to give them the opportunity. I'll live without the apps.

One literally looks like it could have been written by someone of my generation in gcse IT in 2002.
The app you screenshotted hasn’t been supported for at least 2 years - delete it as some features won’t even work on it

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I've both on as it takes about 5 mins and 6 goes to check/ lock the doors every time I forget. Neither app will do it reliably. At least they both agree my cars been nicked though.
Screenshot_20220501_114914_com.jlr.jaguar.incontrolremote.appstore_edit_280042202911434.jpg

The app you screenshotted hasn’t been supported for at least 2 years - delete it as some features won’t even work on it

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I know the V60 app was also playing up like that at times. And sometimes updates would brick the system and require hardware replacement in the car, etc. At the owner's expense if out of warranty, even when it was the manufacturer update that bricked the system. So not just JLR.

Most of these manufacturers don't have a clue how to do software, but part of it is also safety related which people like Elon don't take too seriously. But the user side he does do better than most.

I never used any of it anyway. Why would I have my car controlled from some random call centre in Vietnam or wherever just to open the doors when a fob in the pocket does the same job? Never mind an actual key so you know the door is locked without first getting the phone out and checking some stupid app :innocent: It makes no sense at all.

But I'm old and grumpy 😅🙈