The Two Port Porker 944's

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
That is a lovely photo Barry!

Was messing about today and thought I'd clean under the bonnet for the craic.

IMAG2235.jpg

It was bogging!

IMAG2247.jpg

Now it's not! Hardly a perfect job it as clean as my patience would allow lol.

Also fitted a CD player Barry kindly donated, lightly tinted the front indicators and nearly have the back lights out to do them too! Be honest if you think it's too much?

IMAG2255.jpg

Whilst in the boot I found the top half of my cam belt cover so that'll have to go back on. Unblocked the front and rear drains too as years of gack had blocked them up!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Both looking well (y)

I didn't realise these could be had for that kind of money!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Cheers Larry, just torsion bar fun then wheel powdercoat this time home & I think I'm done! Maybe turn down the rear spacers a bit.

Looks great Barry. Mrs Barryport was round the other night about curtains and blinds, she seems to love the 944!

Do those spacers clip your arches?

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Hopefully derrypork sees the lift on Friday so we'll see how that goes! I'll paint the sills hopefully too especially if I have to cut the bit to get the bar loose

Got a trd lip for the Lexus there so I'm painting the sills and that tomorrow I hope!

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Looks great Barry. Mrs Barryport was round the other night about curtains and blinds, she seems to love the 944!

Do those spacers clip your arches?

Happy days! Yeah it suits her I have to admit. When the shagged rear shocks were in it used to clip about half way down the tyre wall, but with the coilovers in I've set the stiffness so it can't compress that far. Still, it doesn't look right from that last photo posted so will be machining a good 10mm off them. After I get he torsion bar reindexed of course once I see how it behaves lower.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Took advantage of our first bright, dry day.

Gave Poor Boys Black Hole a go & wasn't satisfied by the results. Maybe I was expecting too much from it on a 28 year old car but if anybody can personally recommended a better polish/glaze let me know.
Also looking to know what's the best way to seal it or wax it.
Not wanting to go £400 on Gtechniq just something that'll make a quick wash, a quick wash.

*EDIT: Should have tried the Poorboys with a machine rather than by hand

IMG_20170208_174639_147.jpg

IMG_20170208_174726_592.jpg

Last edited:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Looks great Barry!

Are you looking something to mask swirls , or just something to protect the paint and bead water?

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
OP
TalkToFrank
Drives
335i MT Touring
Think he's after both really...

I suggested turtle wax black polish filled up with either fusso or autoglym HD wax.

Works for me anyway