The wee Ninja..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

banksy6118

RMS Regular
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Hey folks, just thought id put up a few pics of the new bike.

Bike i had before was a 99 zx6r so its a nice step forward..

The bike...
2011 kawasaki zx6r in white
R&G tail tidy
Ninja tank pads
Akrapovic carbon exhaust
and last but not least, an alpine stars res cover (+15bhp)

some pics below where taken by the lads at the meet yesterday so hope you don't mind fellas!!

DSC_9982.JPG
G0010383.JPG
Image5.jpg
10317657_512746442185181_8211797321713495831_o.jpg
DSC_0757.jpg
rmsimg029.jpg

Attachments

• Image9.jpg
    Image9.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 117

warren

RMS Photographer
Bike looked and sounded outstanding when I seen it on Sunday! Do love the white!

Good to meet yourself too!

warren

RMS Photographer
Yeah I've owned it for over 2 months now and I still involuntarily say Ohhhhh when I open the garage door lmao. Stuck another 110 miles on it today, I'm sure you had the Ninja out too!

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Yeah I've owned it for over 2 months now and I still involuntarily say Ohhhhh when I open the garage door lmao. Stuck another 110 miles on it today, I'm sure you had the Ninja out too!
yes mate it was out today! put 3 layers of wax on it in the past 2 days so every fly I hit made me cry a little! was swiftly cleaned when I got in tho!!

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Look lovely. I'm looking to do my bike test and get a Ninja 250R.. only a 250 so not what I'd calls as a "proper" Ninja.. but needs must for a first bike!

How do you find the MPG whilst cruising? Do you use it for commuting or what?

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Looks well , Especially in white , Any other plans for it? :grinning:

so far the mods im planning are-

integrated tail light
R&G crash protection all round
HM quickshifter
upgrade the internals on the steering damper
rixoma levers + oil cap
HID kit + twin headlight conversion

Look lovely. I'm looking to do my bike test and get a Ninja 250R.. only a 250 so not what I'd calls as a "proper" Ninja.. but needs must for a first bike!

How do you find the MPG whilst cruising? Do you use it for commuting or what?

A bikes a bike buddy, all be it a ninja250 or an s1000rr! just as much fun to be had on either

And i usually get 110 miles to a tank. thats commuting around 10 miles a day and a nice blow out on the weekend!

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
So i got myself an integrated tail light!! cleanes the rear of the bike up nicely!

went for the smoked option rather than clear

DSC_0440.JPG
DSC_0442.JPG

Also ordered some rim tape/stickers from a company called motoinkz in the states a while back and they finally arrived.

Where a nightmare to fit as theres alot of groves and angles on the rear wheel to contend with when laying the vinyl.

20140813_160352.jpg

20140814_123058.jpg

Quick shift is next!! getting one from HM at the end of the month!!

J55NI

RMS Regular
Iv been contemplating a smaller plate. just not really sure on how strict the police are on small plates.
never had a problem with a 7x5 plate on any of my bikes , same with friends :grinning: , Any smaller maybe would cause a problem :grinning:

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
So..... about 3 weeks ago the bike lost all power just coming off the motorway over the south of england.
Turns out the stator had enough and let go and scored the basket or whatever spins around it.

Luckily it was still under warrantee so it was fixed without anything out of my pocket other than price of a hire van to get it to peterborough!

upon arriving home to lisburn i had a nice package waiting!!

A new pinebox midpipe to get rid of the heavy collector box. made by a fella over in the states in utah i think. took about 40 days to arrive!!
I was going to get the akra link pipe that does the same job but you cant keep all the shrouding/heat shields the oem box uses and it looks pretty crappy!

Got it fitted after waiting a few more days for the akra gasket witch set me back £40!!!
Its around 10Db louder and i can feel the bike has less engine braking witch i didn't expect!

I'll see if i can get some sound clips when we've a break in the weather!!

IMG_20141015_104442.jpg

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
also i saw a mean carbon bodied r1 in the shop that sorted my bike!!

apparently it was lapping silverston just a few secs slower than the bsb bikes according to the previous owner.

none the less it was a serious bit of kit with no expense spared!!

sorry for the potato cam photos they where took in a hurry!!
20140930_084011.jpg
20140930_084016.jpg
20140930_084024.jpg

warren

RMS Photographer
Not good it breaking down over the water! was one of my biggest fears the last time I was on a tour. That akra will sound good Im sure!

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
the akra was already on the bike buddy. the link pipe changes the tone of the bike completely.
The 1st time i took it out with the new pipe fitted i had to pull over about a mile into the ride to see if something was wrong or if it was blowing!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.