The wee Ninja..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Great vid mate. You were going well. It's nice when you get some space with no arseholes around. Bit tight @ 3.32 mins in tho lol

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Great vid mate. You were going well. It's nice when you get some space with no arseholes around. Bit tight @ 3.32 mins in tho lol

Yea had a good few clear laps during the day as I usually join the track a little late. Best lap time was a 1.11 which isn't to bad for a noob rider like myself lol.

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
So a few updates for the gsxr.

After the trackday on sunday a few things need to happen so its ready for next season.

Firstly the bakes! after 2-3 laps i loose the lever and they start fading, i'm pulling off the calipers and fitting a set of 2006 r1 monoblock gold caps, and to compliment these im getting a brembo RCS19 master cylinder!
the difference is supposedly night and day with this pairing compared to the oem setup,

next on the list is s quick action throttle, i'm having to do a double take to get full throttle, and its hard on the ole wrist!

lastly with the mods will be EITHER a full bazzaz z-fi-tc setup the same as i have on the ninja OR a woolich racing ecu flash with quick shifter, data logger and ecu option controls.
the system Woolioch racing uses is brilliant and lets the user select various options such as fan switch temp, limiter, pair valve disable and of course load maps.
link to woolich racing.
Woolich Racing - ECU Flashing for Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Nice one, Ive only rode 2 600 GSXR's but both throttles were the same as you mentioned!

Cant comment on the rest of the mods, but I know the brakes on my blade faded after the 1 session, a few squirming moments when standing on the back brake as there was nothing in the front! (it wont be on the track again anyway)

That Woolich seems some job!

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Nice one, Ive only rode 2 600 GSXR's but both throttles were the same as you mentioned!

Cant comment on the rest of the mods, but I know the brakes on my blade faded after the 1 session, a few squirming moments when standing on the back brake as there was nothing in the front! (it wont be on the track again anyway)

That Woolich seems some job!

I had a few nasty fish tails coming into the hair pin, if i had the lever on any setting other than the furthest one out it would have hit the bar!

yea its a nice set up, the launch control is a nice feature to! not sure where id use it but nice to have lol.

you still on the charge for a track bike next year then bud?

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Not sure tbh, will see what the winter brings! Hard to justify having 2 bikes when I don't even have time to ride one lol!

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Little update!

I ended up going with a woolich racing ecu flash for the gsxr.
fitted it and flashed the ecu to enable the race tools package that you can purchase from woolich racing, this included a quick shifter, pit limiter with button and launch control.

it was super easy to fit as it only needs to access the ecu so there's no additional connectors on the injectors and various sensors like you have on power commanders and bazzaz units.
1 simple 4 connector harness and that was it, ready to flash!

also sent my headers off to get the cat/collector box cut out and a stainless piece welded in!
WOW!! it was worth it for weight saving alone! the sound is just a bonus!

also fitted a few other bits and bobs ready for next season, such as,,, an accossato front master cylinder, renthal clip ons, removed the clutch side switch gear and regreased the head stock bearings for good measure!

next on the list is taking the bike up to holeshot racing for a dyno/mapping session then after that it's a full suspension service!! decided to get everything done as soon as i can so i can get it finished and stored away in the back of the garage!

in the vid the bike is set to a neutral limiter of 5k which is made possible thru the ecu flash!

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Nice one mate, you aren't messing about, youll be hard to catch next year!

The mate with the red gixer road bike is getting a few mods done over the winter, quick action throttle, sprocket change for better gearing on track etc...

Roll on the spring eh!?

banksy6118

RMS Regular
OP
banksy6118
Drives
CTR/S1KRR
Nice one mate, you aren't messing about, youll be hard to catch next year!

The mate with the red gixer road bike is getting a few mods done over the winter, quick action throttle, sprocket change for better gearing on track etc...

Roll on the spring eh!?

Cheers mate. yea the stock gearing is silly on these. i'm going to go 2 up on the rear to i think.
All that's left to do is get the rear shock serviced as i done the forks last night then its into storage until march!

I also got a new bike yesterday to fettle with over the winter. its a 1987 honda vfr750. pics and details of that to follow in the next few weeks!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.