Water Filter!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Martyn

RMS Regular
0ppm will leave the car spotless but won't last as long - unless you put a 30ppm in series with it...

Amos

RMS Regular
OP
Amos
Drives
What ever is in
I'm also up for a group buy, but I don't want to organise it.... SO if someone else wants to jump on board and organise it....

I'll take one....

PJS

RMS Regular
Seeing as I did one before for the detailer's bag at Xmas, I don't mind doing it again.

Do the neatful and stick your name down and specify whether you want just a 30 ppm or a 30 and a 0 ppm.
I'll find out prices for both options and then you can decide if you're still on for it or not.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
etc.

PJS

RMS Regular
Sorted - need 12 minimum in any combination between 6 people going for 30 & 0 ppm units, and 12 going for just a 30 ppm unit.
£42 each plus delivery, either direct or one lot to myself, then meeting up somewhere to hand over.
I'll find out how much difference there is but I'm suspecting about £4.

PJS

RMS Regular
So what's the craic here chaps?
Can all those interested/definitely going for it stick their name on the list and which unit(s) they're wanting.

PJS

RMS Regular
Yes, each filter is £42 plus post.
If I get them all, then we meet up, it'll probably be about £4 or so less than having each one sent directly to everyone's home/work address - I'll need to confirm that, but no point just yet, since if we don't have 12 units in total, no 10% discount!
If you opt for the 0ppm unit, chances are it'll run done fairly sharpish, whereas the 30 ppm preceding the 0 ppm will make the latter last longer.
You would also need a meter to check the hardness periodically so you can see when the filter is starting to fail to remove the mineral content.
Those are about £20.
Not exactly a necessity, but useful nonetheless since if you measure your water currently, you'll see from the reading how much needs to be removed, which would give you an indication of potential lifespan of the unit.
The higher the reading, the more likely you are to need a 30ppm before the 0ppm one - the lower the reading, the more you can get away with with the oppm unit.

I don't advocate Reverse Osmosis (RO) units for 2 reasons - water wasted for pretty much no good reason other than that's how the system works, and you still need a resin filter to remove the last traces, and also because you have to store the water, which means pumping from a water butt, and unless you've a serious pressure washer, forget that.
So, resin based it needs to be.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
1) Amos.......................0ppm
2) Arm360...................30ppm
3) R16vka....................0ppm
4)
5)

I take it the filters are replacable without changing the complete unit? If so how much are they?

PJS

RMS Regular
No - use, throwaway, replace.
A refillable solution would take the form of those I linked to on the other page.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
From reading the detailingworld threads it would appear that the bigger in line resin filters would do a better job, and theyre refillable. Granted they are dearer (95 vs 42) but theres guys on dw that have used them every weekend for a year and they`re still filtering well.

I might opt for one of those instead.

Resintooth

RMS Regular
Drives
AP1 S2000
A saving of just £4 or a little bit more and i'd have to come and meet pjs to give him the money. It's just easier to order it yourself.

Thanks anyways.

PJS

RMS Regular
No worries guys - but although the website says free UK delivery, be sure it does include over here and not just the mainland.
Strange after me talking with him, he then reintroduces the same 7.5% discount I mentioned on page one, that you'd just missed out on.
Hey ho - go grab 'em while you can.

Amos, make sure you let Ryan know since he was looking one.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.