Water Filter!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Cheers to @j16jrf for sorting me out last night. Dead on chap, I'm filled and ready to go!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Some say @j16jrf uses his water filter to brush his shiny teeth with. Ensures no spotting!

I swear by them. Mine is still reading 0ppm

One of the best investments I've made

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
I'm guessing these cannot be installed out by the hose connection and left over the winter for freezing reasons?

Maybe I missed a link or similar, but where do they connect? in the 'Garden' hose line using 'Hozelock' connections or after the Pressure washer outlet? Maybe interested in one, cheers.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
2 male hose lock connections on the filter.

Water comes in from mains,is scrubbed and goes back out.

Jamie recommended not connecting to the pressure hose and just using it for rinsing from the tap, but I am bold and defied him!

Never had any bother using it this way and just turned the pressure down a bit for the DI rinse

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Weather permitting I'll be dragging mine out for its first use. I'll just use mine for rinses, got myself a cheap TDS monitor to keep an eye on the levels in years to come.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Anyone got a link to one of these? I'd like to install plastic U brackets to install it on the wall, similar to the set up for the fridge and leave it, during the summer anyway and bring it in for the winter.
I'm in the iPad now, so can't link, but google image search 11 litre water DI and you'll get an idea of what it looks like. Kinda like a scuba cylinder

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Managed to get a use out of the DI this afternoon. Fannytastic. To show exactly what we're talking about I grabbed my TDS meter and done a quick comparison.

2013-11-16 16.36.33.jpg

40 PPM bog standard kitchen water.

2013-11-16 16.34.55.jpg

Sample from DI vessel, 0 PPM...tasty!

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I'd be after one for the car but also doing the windows at the house instead of paying some guy £10 a month!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.