What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

neil-c

RMS Regular
Full set of Osram Nightbreaker Laser bulbs for the scirocco. Hooefullly improve the awful yellow twang to all standard scirocco headlights.

j44nty

RMS Regular
1 washed
20170115_133603.jpg

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
eBay, £24 posted so similar price to uprated halogen bulbs. Haven't drive much in them, just went up road a bit.
But for the price they were worth a chance, need to get another set and remove the other halogen full beam as the light from it is yellow in comparison

But the dip light is definitely brighter and clearer

Going to get the other bulbs this week and will have an update before next weekend.

Looking at the headlight? I did but didn't realise how bad it was till I was in the house to stay. Will get a better one tonight.

View attachment 134720

I was worried they were going to be blue as the colour temp seems to be 6500k for the LED bulbs but it's just really really white.

Here's the link to mine

Nighteye 8000LM LED Headlight Kit H4 HB2 9003 Fog Light Bulbs Hi/Low Beam 6000K | eBay
The reason I ask is that I just fitted Phillips X-treme vision 130% H4 bulbs to the Caterham but I don't know how good they are as I haven't seen them at night or for that matter the standard bulbs, I just know from previous Caterhams the lights are pants. I never thought of LED bulbs.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Great improvement @weeloaney - I'm sure you're delighted.

Changing to LED in caddy was a great decision for me. They really do make some difference, and the technology in led has improved so much over the last few years.

@g4ost - touchless washing has been what I've been mostly doing during the week, but come the weekend I take a bit more of a leaf out of @DC. 's book and give it the full works!

Finally @Nicky - oh hell yes! That is going to be the weapon when you've finished!

j44nty

RMS Regular
Both washed. @Big Pimp articulate is some stuff I didn't even touch it with a Mit sprayed on at 50% then your snowfoam bit of dwelling and hosed off. I actually can't believe how it shifts road grime.
20170115_141642.jpg

I'm also coming round to the idea that topaz is an OK colour not nice yet but OK. I used to hate it but the hint of green in it is actually quite nice looking forward to the good spring weather so I can crack the rotary out and put some proper holograms in it.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
The reason I ask is that I just fitted Phillips X-treme vision 130% H4 bulbs to the Caterham but I don't know how good they are as I haven't seen them at night or for that matter the standard bulbs, I just know from previous Caterhams the lights are pants. I never thought of LED bulbs.

Caterham would be a prime machine to upgrade the headlights to xenon and led with projector lenses.

Don't what size yours are but guessed 7 inch as it would be close

Nighteye 7inch 150W LED Headlight Car Lamp Hi/Lo Beam For JEEP Wrangler JK/TJ/CJ | eBay.

But as a cheap job the led bulb would be great I'd say. I'll update later this week what I think as I'll have the other bulbs and will get the headlight realigned at work to make sure there fine

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Finally @Nicky - oh hell yes! That is going to be the weapon when you've finished!

Wouldnt go that far. It's going to be rough and ready, but as long as it's enclosed enough to keep me almost dry and maybe even have a factor of safety about it, I'll be happy.

Speaking of which, I need to weld the floor up before the seats fall through it... :sob::party:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Both washed. @Big Pimp articulate is some stuff I didn't even touch it with a Mit sprayed on at 50% then your snowfoam bit of dwelling and hosed off. I actually can't believe how it shifts road grime.
It's great stuff.

I washed the big lorry the other day after a lot of driving, and it was pure stinking.

Sprayed articulate on, foamed it and rinsed it, and it was 95% clean.

Another foam and then hit with with the brush & mitt and it's sitting spot on!

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
It's great stuff.

I washed the big lorry the other day after a lot of driving, and it was pure stinking.

Sprayed articulate on, foamed it and rinsed it, and it was 95% clean.

Another foam and then hit with with the brush & mitt and it's sitting spot on!

Is that articulate stuff wax safe?

j44nty

RMS Regular

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Bought a wee Sony Bluetooth stereo in Halfords and got it wired in to the daily.
Stream music with no wires now and can take calls etc. Great wee job.