What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Gave the s60 a spruce up, it be stinking again by the end of the day.

Booked it into SMW for its annual service. Ouch.
20170115_145311.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, no. Marc is going to try one last thing with the 1.40 scanner, then I am literally out of options. There isnt anything else that could be wrong with it so if this wont work then I'll have to admit defeat and add a Parrot.

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta
Both washed. @Big Pimp articulate is some stuff I didn't even touch it with a Mit sprayed on at 50% then your snowfoam bit of dwelling and hosed off. I actually can't believe how it shifts road grime.
View attachment 134735

I'm also coming round to the idea that topaz is an OK colour not nice yet but OK. I used to hate it but the hint of green in it is actually quite nice looking forward to the good spring weather so I can crack the rotary out and put some proper holograms in it.

is there a bit of damp in there?? steamy rears..?

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
And tear a second, larger arse in your wallet.

Don't I know it!

The M5 was put on the bluetooth OBD reader software today to see if we can source the headlight fault since the front end has been rebuilt. Turns out it needs a new ALC unit on the passenger side + coding in.

This arse in my wallet is turning into a fecking canyon!

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Well after fitting the new head unit yesterday I'll decided that the old 1200watt sub and amp sitting in the shed was being wasted so I trotted off to Halfords again and bought a wiring kit. Spent a few hours today wiring all up now I have massive amounts of bass LOL

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Well after fitting the new head unit yesterday I'll decided that the old 1200watt sub and amp sitting in the shed was being wasted so I trotted off to Halfords again and bought a wiring kit. Spent a few hours today wiring all up now I have massive amounts of bass LOL

Rattling the backend of the poor mg apart no doubt lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What's up with the parking system?

Something must've happened to the system in the past and someone has fitted an aftermarket system to bypass the original setup. The original plugs are still behind the bumper in the rear so my mechanic tested a single sensor and it seemed to work. Hopefully it's just a case of plugging the new sensors in and reconnecting the speaker (that had had the wires cut), then cutting out the aftermarket kit.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Something must've happened to the system in the past and someone has fitted an aftermarket system to bypass the original setup. The original plugs are still behind the bumper in the rear so my mechanic tested a single sensor and it seemed to work. Hopefully it's just a case of plugging the new sensors in and reconnecting the speaker (that had had the wires cut), then cutting out the aftermarket kit.
Sounds like a simple fix.....

cupraricky

RMS Regular

Does the X5 have a towbar?

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Bought 8 new parking sensors for the X5. Im determined to get it working!
Get your ear down right against them and listen if they are clicking they are working ok and move onto the next one. 1 down fails the complete system. Diagnostics will tell you which sensor is at fault if you find it hard to hear them,