My Ta23 Toyota Celica (build Thread)

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Hi, I've just signed up to this forum yesterday and was well chuffed to see your thread.
I've had a few of these in the past, TA22, TA23, RA28 (2 of). so I know the love you're feeling. I miss them. Hope to have a 22 again someday.

good luck with the project.

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
Sorry for the slow updates. Ozzy I know of 2x of that model cars you have. Lying in a field but I think engines and boxes are still in them. I only have a spare 4speed.

Been gathering up news bits and bobs for the car the past while. Hope to have the car home in the next week or 2 from paint then time to start fitting all the parts.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
If there's any bits you still need, might be worth a mention. I have some parts gathered up over the years.

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
What sort of stuff have you apis. There's a few bits I need but I may take whatever you have.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Well the stuff I keep tripping over would be ta22 ST alternator, ta22/23 1600 engine crossmember like new (for ra28 v8 conversion that I never happened, lol), 4 speed ta22 diff and maybe prop shafts too. Single carb off a jap 3T with emissions junk. Might have servos, master cyl, random stuff, trim, would need to check, but most of it was already picked over for years when I did other restorations. Most of it was just tatty stuff I pulled at scrap yards because it was rare.
I don't have any gearboxes, but they were always pretty strong and slick.
I might have a clutch assembly and flywheel. Think it came off a 18R 2000st engine or possibly a hi ace or something.

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
pm my a few photos ofthe stuff apis and a rough price for it. from the sounds of it i dont need any of that stuff but if its at the right money i may as well take it for spares

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
Sorry guys for the slow update.
Found myself A nice set of rims and spent a few months gathering up the bits and pieces I need to finish the car off.

Attachments

• DSC_0810.JPG
    DSC_0810.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 183

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
Shouldn't be a million miles off by then Although I've started building a house and to top it all off my wife is expecting again in august so it's going to be a busy year but all being well I'll have here out thjs year for definite. painter still has it sadly but I've pretty much everything here just needs screwed to the car.
Gearbox is away to get new bearings fitted, I've 2 interiors on route, wheels are away getting a bit of work done to tidy them up, radiator is getting re-cored, I'm I'm the process of retrimming the dash top, door cards and roof lining.

Pretty much just need a rear diff as mine is ceased.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Sounds like its going to be a crazy year for you but seems you've got most areas of the cars sorted. (y)

Cess

RMS Staff
Another build thread that I enjoy greatly. Keep the progress coming.

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
Thanks guys. Yeah plan is to get most of the car sorted over the summer. Most of the car is sorted but I'm sure I'll run into a few more niggles along the way.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
There will be niggles, there always is, they can be frustrating but you soon forget about the hassle once you have the car running and have some fun in it.

slammed dub

RMS Regular
OP
slammed dub
Drives
76 celica & 325i
Aye but sure that's all in the fun of it I suppose.I'll post a better update when I get the car back and all of the new bits out of boxes