Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

colin84

RMS Regular
I see this do often now, how has it got to the stage were so many morons think it's ok to look down at their phone while driving? They should have their licence removed. Texting is even worse than talking on the phone.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If you click into FB and look at some of the comments on that video, there's one that says it's not illegal if you text and the phone is in a cradle. Is this really true?

If the phone is installed into a cradle mounted on the car....it is no longer a handheld mobile device.

Of course if you are then distracted by doing this which affects the driving....then it's illegal anyway. Due care and attention etc etc

No doubt there could be dispute as to what is a proper cradle etc

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I see this do often now, how has it got to the stage were so many morons think it's ok to look down at their phone while driving? They should have their licence removed. Texting is even worse than talking on the phone.

Nothing wrong with a glance down...the ones that baffle me are those driving along, head upright, and holding the phone directly in front of their face !

colin84

RMS Regular
Nothing wrong with a glance down...the ones that baffle me are those driving along, head upright, and holding the phone directly in front of their face !

I was actually referring to the ones who are looking down as they pass you, texting away while hiding their phone from view, not looking at the road whatsoever. I see it all the time, and it's usually all young drivers. Is it any wonder there is so many rear enders on our motorways in rush hour traffic, when there is so many ****wits not even looking at what's in front of them.

My partners brother was stopped in the road waiting to turn right, went some stupid wee bitch ran into the back of him at 30 or 40 mph without touching the brakes. When he glanced in the mirror before impact she was looking down. She got upset and tried to say she never seen him, and that he must not of had his indicator on. But whenever he said let's call the cops then because I think you were on your phone, all of a sudden she admitted it was her fault.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I was actually referring to the ones who are looking down as they pass you, texting away while hiding their phone from view, not looking at the road whatsoever. I see it all the time, and it's usually all young drivers. Is it any wonder there is so many rear enders on our motorways in rush hour traffic, when there is so many ****wits not even looking at what's in front of them.

My partners brother was stopped in the road waiting to turn right, went some stupid wee bitch ran into the back of him at 30 or 40 mph without touching the brakes. When he glanced in the mirror before impact she was looking down. She got upset and tried to say she never seen him, and that he must not of had his indicator on. But whenever he said let's call the cops then because I think you were on your phone, all of a sudden she admitted it was her fault.

Wouldnt matter a damn if he had indicator on or not...it's a ****ing car she already admitted she did not see before ploughing into lol.

Really the reasons or excuses for these assholes not using their eyes is irrelevant, because the end result is still the same. They cause crashes, they cause harm, they cause death. Phones should not be singled out as they are not the cause ! Because the same group of blind assholes caused crashes before phones existed and will continue to do so long after they are gone unless the police to something about the cause. The blind **** behind the wheel !...needs removed from the vehicle for a long time until their eyes work to watch the road !

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Sorry Stevie got the wrong end of the stick just realized what he was doing now :neutral:

Was at the bottom of the hill section today in the inside lane cruising home at 60 (traffic wouldn't allow for faster) when a retard decides she wants to go from the outside lane to the off turn for the shore road. I dont know how I stopped to avoid her (and to add insult to injury she then nearly stopped in front of me as she sh!t herself). Would have been my fault I'd have smashed her back door in(lol). Also fair play to the woman in the middle lane as I dont know how she avoided her either. Worse still there was a baby in the back of the car which pissed me off so much.

So.. What dashcam which comes with a hardwire kit and deals with sun changes (going up the hill section used to kill my cheapo one). Need it as the silly season is now back until just after Christmas (or the next holiday)

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
This ordered now.. hopefully its decent. 512GW down to £120 on Amazon.

upload_2018-9-4_16-50-3.png

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Presumably the cop was in pursuit of the first bike that was flying down the road.

WTF the blind **** in the car was doing is a mystery, unless it was deliberate.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
No audio but guessing cop had his siren on. Some people panic and make really stupid moves to get out of the way when they hear a siren bend them.

Mate of mine drives a fire engine was telling me they got stuck behind a slow driver for 1/2 mile, then she stopped dead blocking them in at a traffic island where they could not get past.

Last edited:

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
No audio but guessing cop had his siren on. Some people panic and make really stupid moves to get out of the way when they hear a siren bend them.

Mate of mine drives a fire engine was telling me they got stuck behind a slow driver for 1/2 mile, then she stopped dead blocking them in at a traffic island where they could get past.
same thing happened outside my house. Ambulance behind a car and she stopped right before the traffic island so they had to stop and then as they started to go around the island on the wrong side she pulled away again.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Mate of mine drives a fire engine was telling me they got stuck behind a slow driver for 1/2 mile, then she stopped dead blocking them in at a traffic island where they could get past.

Far too many morons think to stop ( or dont think ) when they see/hear blue lights etc behind them. Instead of just getting the **** out of the way !! Their registrations should be noted and they should receive fines for being a tard.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
you know exactly whats going on here right? the van has been pushing to pass the car (possibly for quite some time), maybe a bit of road-rage preceded, then tried to stick it down the inside coming in to the roundabout....it's pretty obvious to me that the car was aware of the move and kept on the gas pedal but the van wasn't for giving up.