Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Dido...it's as if he hits hyperspeed too on take off! Noticed a couple of weeks ago two separate incidents of people going straight over the roundabout at the end of the dual carriageway at Ballygawley, but judging by the tyre tracks there was no hangtime like this.

The one at Ballygawley I wouldn’t like to be hitting!
They have a big sign with 4 massive steel posts. The car wouldn’t go airborne it would crumple around the sign.

garyo

RMS Regular
The one at Ballygawley I wouldn’t like to be hitting!
They have a big sign with 4 massive steel posts. The car wouldn’t go airborne it would crumple around the sign.
I had come through a few weeks back and noticed big tyre tracks up over the middle of it and one of the signs was mangled so must have been a lorry or something. Shortly after that I must have just missed the second one as the car was in the Armco between the Aughnacloy and Enniskillen exits and the emergency services had just arrived. Meant to pull the dashcam footage at the time but wasn't sure how serious it was and then forgot about it.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Ballygawley has been hit a load of times...road planners missed a trick there. Imagine that with the ramp and a camera on it !

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
there is no way that is anyone's fault other than the van driver.... I doubt he even noticed there was a roundabout coming up or at least was as close. He hadn't a mission of making that move stick.

i don't think anyone suggested otherwise? And i agree with you if you want to subscribe to the black and white 'who is at fault'.

But there were definitely contributing factors preceding and more than one party was involved.

Con S3

RMS Regular
Drives
RRS SVR
I think I have to agree with @VEN©M here. There's a bit of tit for tat in that clip and IMO, the car knew what was going on and was being a bit of a knob.

If that was indeed the case, both are dangerous drivers. How often do we see this on the road though? I see it on a daily basis and it's bonkers. Bit of Rage rage in there without a doubt, gone badly wrong.....

You have to ask yourself the question though, if you are a sensible person.....what does the driver of the van gain by 'winning' and getting in front? Beggars believe the lack of intelligence from some people.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Certain people get behind the steering wheel and any element of road rage sets in ... people just go off the reservation!
intelligence has got nothing to do with it. there is a trigger pulled to "potentially cause harm where possible" without thinking about the consequences

thats the scary thing ... its not just unintelligent people that are effected by the infliction. its pretty much a daily occurrence we all see it and if we are truthful to ourselves have probably suffered on the odd occasion. But then there is a difference of being a p***k or effectively trying to kill someone or yourself

You have to ask yourself the question though, if you are a sensible person.....what does the driver of the van gain by 'winning' and getting in front? Beggars believe the lack of intelligence from some people.

Last edited:

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
i've watched it maybe 10 times, still lovin it every time. The car is definitely still do 70 mph when he's literally <50 yards out from the roundabout! it was a definite c0ck-block with epic consequences.

Con S3

RMS Regular
Drives
RRS SVR
Listen when people get behind the steering wheel and any element of road rage sets in ... people just go off the reservation!
intelligence has got nothing to do with it. there is a trigger pulled to "potentially cause harm where possible" without thinking about the consequences

thats the scary thing ... its not just unintelligent people that are effected by the infliction. its pretty much a daily occurrence we all see it and if we are truthful to ourselves have probably suffered on the odd occasion. But then there is a difference of being a p***k or effectively trying to kill someone or yourself

I couldn't disagree more. I suppose that's what separates most people but I understand your perception of the case.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Listen when people get behind the steering wheel and any element of road rage sets in ... people just go off the reservation!

^^^ This
Wife has just settled a case for a woman who passed a van out the road to Moira, no drama, nothing dangerous and the van sped up not to let her in. She also sped up to try and get in front afraid of being caught out if something came the other way. Van then continues the next couple of miles up the road right in tight behind her then when she stopped at Moira roundabout he rammed the back of her pushing her out into the roundabout. Was his employers van too so I suspect hes out of a job too. Madness.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
i've watched it maybe 10 times, still lovin it every time. The car is definitely still do 70 mph when he's literally <50 yards out from the roundabout! it was a definite c0ck-block with epic consequences.
It's sped up for dramatic effect

Last edited:

johnm

RMS Regular

Is that real? surely that thing with the height and speed would be bouncing to the other side of the road but you dont see it at all when he comes round the roundabout.
For a motorcyclist his head/body is very still, no other cars are stopping or indicating at all to get out and help. Take the clio its driving round the bend in full view of it and drives on like nothing has happened. there is no sign of this guy supposedly on a bike slowing down either.

I call bullsh*t. Police didn't even comment on it and who the hell would forget attending that!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Is that real? surely that thing with the height and speed would be bouncing to the other side of the road but you dont see it at all when he comes round the roundabout.
For a motorcyclist his head/body is very still, no other cars are stopping or indicating at all to get out and help. Take the clio its driving round the bend in full view of it and drives on like nothing has happened. there is no sign of this guy supposedly on a bike slowing down either.

I call bullsh*t. Police didn't even comment on it and who the hell would forget attending that!

Van 'flies' in roundabout crash

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
you know exactly whats going on here right? the van has been pushing to pass the car (possibly for quite some time), maybe a bit of road-rage preceded, then tried to stick it down the inside coming in to the roundabout....it's pretty obvious to me that the car was aware of the move and kept on the gas pedal but the van wasn't for giving up.
I’d have driven round the roundabout again just to smile at the van driver, assuming he was ok

NotKG

Banned
Speeding biker didnt hurt anyone....blind **** driving slowly did !

in hot persuit or not, these are professional drivers/riders who pretty much claim to be better than us, but meanwhile, overtook a car with its indicator on, inside a built up area without due care. i'm a biker, he was as much to blame. he evidently didnt go the day they done the "expect the unexpected " training. could have as easily been a loose puppy run out, or a child.
it looks like the driver pulled up at a street pay machine, then moved up when he seen a space to park in.

i.m.o.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
in hot persuit or not, these are professional drivers/riders who pretty much claim to be better than us, but meanwhile, overtook a car with its indicator on, inside a built up area without due care. i'm a biker, he was as much to blame. he evidently didnt go the day they done the "expect the unexpected " training. could have as easily been a loose puppy run out, or a child.
it looks like the driver pulled up at a street pay machine, then moved up when he seen a space to park in.

i.m.o.

I am maybe missing something, but I cannot see the car having its indicator on. I could be wrong but picture quality isn’t great. In respect of it not being on, how would anyone judge that cars movements? It clearly didnt do any simple “mirror, signal, manoeuvre”.

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
I am maybe missing something, but I cannot see the car having its indicator on. I could be wrong but picture quality isn’t great. In respect of it not being on, how would anyone judge that cars movements? It clearly didnt do any simple “mirror, signal, manoeuvre”.
Same could be said for the pursuing bike, looks like no blue lights flashing so good chance no sirens either.