Halfords Advanced Tools

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I went through their website last night the for the first time- there are 991 companies that they give discount for!

Must tell her to have a look through them all. We've only used it on big purchases after we built our house. White goods and furniture stuff

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Healthshield?!

You've just reminded me that we get that through work, and I see Halfords is 1 of the retailers. I can get 17% off, which means I can get the bottom chest for £177 odd. Beezer.

It’s £180 with a trade card last week for the advance bottom and £150 for the top

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
And just to add to the madness, you can then get 5% off a one4all pre-paid gift card. If you go to their site and use the code CHILD1. (Though you need to wait for it to be posted). If that doesn't work directly I'm happy to send a link.
So that's making the lower chest about £168?

7% of the 17 I mentioned above is acquired by using a pre paid voucher, so I don’t think I’d be able to use both sadly.

eamon343

RMS Regular
I think you can, you put the trade card number on your account on the website. We have used it for click and collect a few times

eamon343

RMS Regular
I've always shown it, but I think they ask a few details like your postcode or something if you don't have it. As @DMC 4087 found out when he ordered stuff on my account and went to pick it up and made a **** of himself

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
LOL. Sounds like the sort of scenario I’d get myself into.

How easy is it to get a trade card? Can anyone apply?

Edit- I applied online there. It mentioned "residential or commercial engineering" as one of the professions so I'm hoping I can blag it as a civil engineer. But on the list of trades on their T's&c's theres no mention of any engineering other than railway, navy etc.

Will maybe bring my degree certificate down to Boucher and see what happens. I would assume they aren't too fussy?!

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Nah they're not that fussy. Used to be a lot harder.

Bring a payslip.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
LOL. Sounds like the sort of scenario I’d get myself into.

How easy is it to get a trade card? Can anyone apply?

Edit- I applied online there. It mentioned "residential or commercial engineering" as one of the professions so I'm hoping I can blag it as a civil engineer. But on the list of trades on their T's&c's theres no mention of any engineering other than railway, navy etc.

Will maybe bring my degree certificate down to Boucher and see what happens. I would assume they aren't too fussy?!

I don't think they will be too fussy tbh. Unless you get a jobsworth.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cheers for the offer. I'll bring a payslip/degree cert down on Friday and see how I get on first.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I know a young lad had a few business cards printed for his part time engineering working from home. Showed them his business card and that's all he needed.

John_MK5

RMS Regular
there was a discount code for the 25piece combination spanner on facebook last night. £65 set and with trade card it left them at a tenner a go. Obviously have 4 of them ordered

John_MK5

RMS Regular
I have this boxo cart at work but ran out of room so got two side boxes from the halfords standard range. Think they were about £130 with trade card. Definately can't fault them for the money and easier wheeling this about instead of my main tool box.

20190109_093122.jpg

dddrrift

RMS Regular
there was a discount code for the 25piece combination spanner on facebook last night. £65 set and with trade card it left them at a tenner a go. Obviously have 4 of them ordered

ordered 2 sets myself! bargain!!!

John_MK5

RMS Regular
ill let you know in an hour as im away to a PSV test here and stopping to lift the spanners on the way back lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.