Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Funny I stumbled across this on one of my eBay forages:

s-l1600.jpg
189-vauxhall-carlton-3000-gsi-freshly-restored--contact-us-on-01604-646400-17.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg

Some other crackers on his website.

Turbo Technics 309:

Dolomite sprint:

And aforementioned VTS Saxo:

Loads more!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Loving the Dolly Sprint!

Class isn't it. I remember my dad picking up one from the auctions back in 1991 ish as a stop gap car to keep us going a few weeks. Chocolate brown with the vinyl roof. Was replaced with a brand new MK3 Cavalier in gold with a beige velour interior and matching plastics and belts. 8o| +o(

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
My uncle had a MK2 Cavalier much like the one Northampton Classic Cars have for sale there when I was a kid....first time I sat in it and wound the window down my Dad and Uncle run towards me shouting "NO NO NO!" but it was too late. The propped up mechanism gave way and window disappeared into the door with a smash! Never felt so bad, I think I cried 😂

Edit - It was a beige / gold colour as well hence reminding me of the trauma lol

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
My uncle had a MK2 Cavalier much like the one Northampton Classic Cars have for sale there when I was a kid....first time I sat in it and wound the window down my Dad and Uncle run towards me shouting "NO NO NO!" but it was too late. The propped up mechanism gave way and window disappeared into the door with a smash! Never felt so bad, I think I cried 😂

Edit - It was a beige / gold colour as well hence reminding me of the trauma lol

Remember a guy bringing a brand new SRI 130 to Castlewellan & slinging a rope through the tow eye to recover another fella bogged in a camper van. He wasn't shy about giving it absolutely everything it had, including smoke show and eventually getting it stuck too (despite copious deployment of lilos, wind breakers and all sorts of crap under his front wheels). A glorious experience for a 7/8 yr old me to behold. Pivotal perhaps.

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
So, what is the ACTUAL story with all the Saxos and 106s that used to be like literally, everywhere?

I always put it down to the fact that they were accessible to first time buyers and ended up in hedges but I honest to god cannot remember seeing one in like, years. I have seen more 4g civics and crx's than I have Saxos in the past 5 years and those usually just Thanos themselves into dust

Another was the wee Suzuki Swift GTi (the proper one with THAT 1.3 engine)............those were absolutely crackers..........I have never seen a more highly strung engine out of the factory. Mate had a stock one bar a Janspeed exhaust and it just spat flames on demand. I do appreciate that they were made out of KitKat wrappers to be fair.

J

Try finding a S1 106! , A combination of scrappage comming in at their natural low value point , rot and axle replacement cost means they're all but gone, just a few hard core enthusiasts left , me and my brother own three lol, the last one a five door minter is likely a donor. But very rare now.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Have a real soft spot for old Rover tat like the R8's above and the Dolly Sprint. That is a lovely colour too.

bill

Banned
@vtec1 Those Rovers where rockets when the engine didnt blow up i had one for 2 months as courtesy car bloody loved it.

colin84

RMS Regular
Had 3 of them. Well 1 was a newer shape. Head gasket went in 2 of them and other got stuck in first gear
And View attachment 252967Just found this doing a delivery

My mum had a delightful cream one with brown interior, bloody hated that car. Even when they were buying them up to send to Russia she wouldn't sell it.