Burger Run #2

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I thought there was a definite route? I hold my hands up for myself not putting it into my phone and sticking to it.

I'll take partial blame too 🤣 think I miss heard @Jonny and one of the other guys, thought they said they were heading for spelga 🙈 unless they changed their mind on the way out of the car park lol

Just curious @Eddie_ if you gave up when we came off the roundabout going towards Hillsborough? 🤣 You seemed to drop off quicker than I expected

Gemma

RMS Regular
I think yous were suppose to park at the carpark at John macs but it's always bunged and the donard carpark is always bunged so whoever Infront just drove on to slieve donard and the people at the back obviously got stuck at traffic lights etc and didn't know where to go after John macs as such?
I'm having a guess here from Reading other people's comments lol
Should be, if we don't get met up at John macs, everyone go to the slieve donard and we'll regroup there.
People will always get broke up at junctions and wee towns like Newcastle with all the traffic lights etc

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
We deffo need username tags, sure you get to know a load new people but there is still a large percentage you dont even get to know and then you find them as rms regulars, eg @quattro Rick would have said hello if i knew you were there. What were you driving by the way?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Some of us went to the chippy at the top of the strand by the Slieve Donard. As mentioned, the other car parks were bunged so we circled back the Slieve Donard.

I suppose it's hard to organise when numbers are unknown and Newcastle was busier than we expected so I would still chalk today as a success.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
We deffo need username tags, sure you get to know a load new people but there is still a large percentage you dont even get to know and then you find them as rms regulars, eg @quattro Rick would have said hello if i knew you were there. What were you driving by the way?

In the RS6 today but was one of the few who didn't end up at the donard hotel lol, froze up at spelga for a good while waiting in anticipation for everyone to show up

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Newcastle is a disaster of a place for large groups of cars to stay together, we should have arranged the meet in the hotel car park in retrospect and then had a leaving time to go to Spelga.

I did wait at junctions and did an exact 30mph in every 30 and wasn't going too fast on the good roads, its just the way car or bike runs go, the guy at the back has to go the fastest in reality as he/she has less opportunities to overtake and get in and out of junctions.

This was Burger run #1...………………….next one will be the EVO version (y)

BTW the last time I spoke to you @56oval was at Bishopscourt on a drag day, miss them! Sorry I never got to chat.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Zach417 thats some commitment coming the hole road from Derry fair play to you.

What a fantastic day it was the weather was on our side too and that was a bonus.

The only down side was getting lost and everyone splitting up next time maybe have a regrouping location along the road. I know it can be hard work to get everyone together but it’s something we can work on next time round.

It was good to meet some new faces today you all are a group of people. It was a nice way to end the weekend even tho I took a major detour to Spelga but it was worth it.

56oval

RMS Regular
I wouldn't be making too much of the split ups guys. It is what it is. Try getting 20-30 cars up some of those roads in convoy is just pointless. The day was brilliant, and if you were worried about what you were driving you needen't have. Yes there was an abundance of cool machinary there but i rocked up in the camper as its all iv'e got at the minute. This was about getting out, getting fed and meeting folk. Exactly how it should be.

Easy option for next time. Give everyone a number, enter them all into an online number generator and allocate everyone a group and send them out in waves of 5-10. Overcomplicate it and it'll fall on its arse and become bound in red tape. Keep it simple.

56oval

RMS Regular
@Eddie_ you keep that megane in some shape the colour just pops so much when the sun hits it.

@56oval that’s a good plan it also would help break the ice to those who are abit shy like myself.
Exactly, make it random so you go out in groups that you wouldn't normally. Gives people an opportunity to get in amongst it that maybe otherwise wouldn't.

Another point ( without trying to sound like a tw@t ) quality manners on the roads today guys and girls 👍👍

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Had some craic trying to keep up with @Eddie_ and @mike150 the m5 really shows it’s size on roads like that lol

Sure you said the same thing last time when you were in an Evo behind a wagon a fair bit heavier than that M5 😝😝
Wee pic of myself and @ahannigan that Rollo took as I left
IMG-20191020-WA0012.jpg