Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

KevM

RMS Regular
Number of red light jumpers is crazy....bizarrely you never see police sitting monitoring these dangers at junctions.

Worst bit is...most arent deliberate jumpers having looked and thinking road is clear. Most the idiots are oblivious to the lights at all which is even worse.

I have a mem. card full of red lighters. I dont even download them as there's at least 3 a day.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I have a mem. card full of red lighters. I dont even download them as there's at least 3 a day.

Which shows how easy it would be for the police to target these dangers. It would be a lot more productive and beneficial to road safety than them standing with speed guns at safe locations where speed is never even a concern.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
You need to be careful about blame though. I heard that just because light turns green for you doesn't mean you have complete right of way. You can still be blamed for not checking the road was clear, especially on one of those junctions where the light operate around a blind corner or staggered crossroads.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
It's common sense to check before moving off....but if they're drove through a red light, it's pretty clear where blame will lie. Of course, a Dashcam will help prove whose light was red or green.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Of course, a Dashcam will help prove whose light was red or green.

A dash cam will only prove your light was green, unless somehow it manages to also caputure the other light as well (very very unlikely) then it proves nothing re it. Lights can and do malfunction, there were ones in Belfast the other morning all stuck on green at a junction according to Traffic Watch/the radio.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
A dash cam will only prove your light was green, unless somehow it manages to also caputure the other light as well (very very unlikely) then it proves nothing re it. Lights can and do malfunction, there were ones in Belfast the other morning all stuck on green at a junction according to Traffic Watch/the radio.

Light failures such as that would be incredibly rare. And if you had evidence to prove yours was green, and the other person did not......well, I'd rather my chances in court and with any insurance issues.

KevM

RMS Regular
Twingo ploughs through the Red lights:

Bus edging well into Overtaking lane on a saturated road:

Getting in the way of some lane cut at a junction:

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
After recent events, I'm wanting to install a front and rear camera. I've no idea where to start, so I'm looking recommendations. I'd also like the footage to continually record, even with the ignition off, if that's possible.

Any pointers on where to start?

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Halfords - nextbase.
usually have offers on for front and rear, plus mine has collision record so if there’s a movement of the car it starts recording again if you’re not there or the car is switched off.

KevM

RMS Regular
If you don’t go for that gap, are you you even a racer?? 😂

Same thing happened me years ago too. The other car folded my wing-mirror in it was that close to wiping me

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Anyone ever have much bother with their Nextbase 312gw?

My own one is messing about; screen won’t come on when you press any of the buttons, if you turn it off/on the screeen will blink on then straight off again.

Red led flashes to indicate it is recording but screen won’t come on. Then at random times when driving along the screen will come on then stay on for minutes on end but won’t be recording at this time.

Have charged it via USB and still makes no difference.

Temperamental POS.

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
I'd notice the odd time that mine isn't recording, just a steady blue light. It'll work ok when I hit the record button again though, it's just remembering to check it before I drive off.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Seen some moron yesterday evening stop on the M2 at Greencastle just as it splits to the hill section....obviously they wanted to turn off. So they stopped, reversed back on the hard shoulder so they could turn off at Greencastle instead.

How the **** any moron like that ever got a license is a mystery, and why the authorities arent removing their license permanently is another mystery.
The person in that video above should not have a license or be allowed near a car !