EF2133B2-558D-4BB0-B8BE-09839C2877CB.png

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness he's open and honest about it and the ad is totally fair in that sense.

An awful lot of people would have just put them up for sale without saying anything at all.

I'm actually more surprised that he was allowed to keep the faulty wheels after a warranty replacement. Surely they would have known they would go straight up on Fleebay?

Is that common practice after warranty replacements?

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
In out place the faulty wheels will be held onto for 3 months until the warrenty claim is sorted in case they need pictures of corrosion etc. Then they go in the metal skip! No exceptions. Dare say boys at the scrap go for a wee hoak now and then.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
So if you had £105k to spend on a 911 locally, which of the following would you go for? First is a 992 4S next 2 are 991.2 Turbo S cab and coupe. No pic yet for the last one - it's a 2014 GT3 3.8 in Sapphire blue.

View attachment 295702

991.2 Turbo - I personally wouldn't stick to local cars as the market here is tiny. And I'd go for a 991.2 Turbo Coupe (not cab).

in 5 years the 991.2 Turbo will be worth more too. It's faster, more special and just as practical as the 992 C2

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
So if you had £105k to spend on a 911 locally, which of the following would you go for? First is a 992 4S next 2 are 991.2 Turbo S cab and coupe. No pic yet for the last one - it's a 2014 GT3 3.8 in Sapphire blue.

View attachment 295702

For me it would undoubtedly be the 991 GT3.

I would also be looking at a 991.2 GTS Targa, which would be cheaper than all of them.

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
For me it would undoubtedly be the 991 GT3.

I would also be looking at a 991.2 GTS Targa, which would be cheaper than all of them.
Was in Belfast OPC today and the GT3 is still there and it is amazing, they may even take a deal. If I had no small kids or kids at home - I would snap it up.

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
Was maybe all the good weather made it look good ... but I liked it ... different for sure
An rare and unusual colour for sure and probably one that would grow on you, especially when you fire up that 4L flat 6! Looks like either Acid Green or Birch Green
Was in Belfast OPC today and the GT3 is still there and it is amazing, they may even take a deal. If I had no small kids or kids at home - I would snap it up.
We could go for a group buy - I'm in for 8% and prefer to take it on Sundays :grinning:

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS

They also have the 718 Spyder. Must be there a few months now? Higher priced cars just aren't shifting like they were in the June/July post lockdown euphoria...

View attachment 296252

Last edited:

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
They also have the 718 Spyder. Must be there a few months now? Higher priced cars just aren't shifting like they were in the June/July post lockdown euphoria...

View attachment 296252
Registered in November and I first noticed it listed in Feb for £98k. Still listed for £98k in June then reduced to £89.9k in August, then £87.9k early September. Still over list price, will be difficult in current conditions as you say and we are just passing the equinox so moving away from the best time of year to be selling a drop top.

The boxster / cayman GTS 4.0L which in my opinion (without the benefit of a drive) should be a brilliant car will further put pressure on the Spyder and GT4.

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
Yes, I had the feeling I'd spotted it at closer to £100k and it was a long time ago you're right.

I was in Beflast OPC in Feb and mentioned GT4's and was sort of scoffed at so what goes around comes around as they say...

2020-09-21 19_25_47-Search Used Porsche Cars.png

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
Tomorrow morning weather looks like a cracker just like last Sat at Kirkistown...anyone going out for an early morning spin?

Reactions: Ben

AndyOz

RMS Regular
Drives
996.1 GT3 CS
Spelga Dam is in my backyard but I'm prepared to travel for a meetup point