F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5

The Gov are also auditing his taxes paid in the UK before considering his knighthood recommendation. Wonder if he'll have dodged anything else after his private jet fiddling.

scub

Banned
Ronnie's clearly a jealous racist.
it's not like there's any valitidity whatsoever to any of those points.....
i mean you've just got to look at all the tax Lewis pays the country of his birth every year...
go Sir Lewis 🙄

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
You'd almost think F1 was about teams and drivers! Oh wait, it is.

The best teams have the advantage of not needing to take on crap pay drivers.

As for the whole tax thing, beyond petty. He still pays a lot of tax in the UK. If I had that sort of earning, I for sure would be doing my best to pay as little as possible legally. Has wee Jackie been wheeled out to spew some nonsense yet?

See the crying for Johnathan Rea to be knighted has started again this year too. WSB just doesnt have the media coverage that F1 does, which I imagine goes some way to explain why that hasn't happened either.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Ronnie's clearly a jealous racist.
it's not like there's any valitidity whatsoever to any of those points.....
i mean you've just got to look at all the tax Lewis pays the country of his birth every year...
go Sir Lewis 🙄
how much tax? go find me a figure.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
You'd almost think F1 was about teams and drivers! Oh wait, it is.

The best teams have the advantage of not needing to take on crap pay drivers.

As for the whole tax thing, beyond petty. He still pays a lot of tax in the UK. If I had that sort of earning, I for sure would be doing my best to pay as little as possible legally. Has wee Jackie been wheeled out to spew some nonsense yet?

See the crying for Johnathan Rea to be knighted has started again this year too. WSB just doesnt have the media coverage that F1 does, which I imagine goes some way to explain why that hasn't happened either.
The argument about Jonathan area MBE always comes up but last I checked WSB wasn’t the pinnacle of motorcycle racing whereas F1 is the pinnacle of motorcar racing. Argument invalid.

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
If he doesn’t pay sufficient tax he shouldn’t be knighted but Jackie Stewart was a tax exile and he got knighted so i don’t see why Hamilton won’t be.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Since when did the amount of taxes paid have anything to do with anything, lol :joy: Most of the House of Lords are tax exiles, never mind most of our government 😅🙈 Half of RMS either work cash in hand or do cash deals to avoid tax 😅😅😅

People are just clutching at straws to try to belittle a phenomenal achievement just because they don't like his hair style or whatever. And based on nothing but desperate facetwalter ballix. It's just depressing.

It is interesting that the only knighted motorsports people are from F1, and all bar two are team owners rather than drivers. None from any other form of motorsport.

But that too is a different discussion.

I honestly don't know if he has passed the bar yet for a full knighthood. That usually goes with a lifetime of service, not solely on sporting merits.

But an MBE or something at least would be fitting.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Actually, is tax etc not assessed as part of the process for knighthoods?

scub

Banned
how much tax? go find me a figure.
aye right.
& then I lose my phone & get labelled as the kind of sick f**k who would have a search for Lewis Hamilton in my browser history...
the shame would kill me!
his tax set up is common knowledge but let's just say as little as he can legally avoid rather than evade paying but would it matter?
he lives in a tax haven & flies there on his private jet whilst telling the world they should do their bit to save the planet.... 🤦‍♂️
to you lot he can do no wrong.
to us lot he could sweat dolphin tears & sh1t rainbows & he'd still be a c##t.
may as well knight Fred West!
In the Top 5000 UK tax contributors in 2019
& quite probably in the top dozen earners.... 🤔

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
aye right.
& then I lose my phone & get labelled as the kind of sick f**k who would have a search for Lewis Hamilton in my browser history...
the shame would kill me!
his tax set up is common knowledge but let's just say as little as he can legally avoid rather than evade paying but would it matter?
he lives in a tax haven & flies there on his private jet whilst telling the world they should do their bit to save the planet.... 🤦‍♂️
to you lot he can do no wrong.
to us lot he could sweat dolphin tears & sh1t rainbows & he'd still be a c##t.
may as well knight Fred West!

& quite probably in the top dozen earners.... 🤔
79285799d2bca024670de2db44f5af38.png

I must burn my phone, never considered the history of my searches for him....ballix :worried:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Let’s be honest, if we all had the money Hamilton has we would all be trying to dodge tax! He doesn’t really bother me to be honest, it’s all the muppets in London & here taking there money for doing nothing that really bothers me!
This, I would be using every legal avenue possible to pay as little as possible, within reason.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Just a reminder.

Tax evasion = illegal
Tax avoidance = legal. Immoral but legal.

Jimmy Carr got hounded in the press for tax avoidance but it's a perfectly legal thing to do. I'm not too sure on the details of Carr's, Hamilton's or Beckham's financial dealings, but I don't really care.

It's a bit rich to berate someone in the public eye when the likes of Amazon, Google, Facebook pay a paltry amount of tax here.

That on top of this has nothing to do with F1 or Hamilton's achievements on track.

stevyg

RMS Regular
He met the criteria to get a Knighthood a long time ago, I'm sure he won't loose sleep over it, it's a privilege but I think he's earned it.
He'd be in jail if he was tax dodging. Hamilton doesn't do his own taxes, he has a team of accountants that are paid very well to find out the legal ways he can pay the least amount of tax.
If you want to pay more taxes than you should just take a moment right now to send a cheque to HM Revenue & Customs for any amount and I promise they will cash it no questions asked. If not then congratulations on wanting to pay the least amount you can legally get away with, just like everyone else.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.