People who can't park their fingers up their hole's thread..

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
People parking in child spaces drives me mad. The ones that really annoys me is the person who parks in a kids space but only 1 adult leaves the car and all the kids and 1 adult are still in there or park in the kids space with you "child" in their secondary school uniform.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
People parking in child spaces drives me mad. The ones that really annoys me is the person who parks in a kids space but only 1 adult leaves the car and all the kids and 1 adult are still in there or park in the kids space with you "child" in their secondary school uniform.

I watched a lad park his fairly fresh mid ulster spec 3 series in a child spot a proceeds into the shop. Family beside returned a few minds later and the wains were pawing and leaning all over the car lol.
I generally avoid kid spaces after witnessing that.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I watched a lad park his fairly fresh mid ulster spec 3 series in a child spot a proceeds into the shop. Family beside returned a few minds later and the wains were pawing and leaning all over the car lol.
I generally avoid kid spaces after witnessing that.
My car lives in my back garden with my almost 2 year old has full access to it so that doesn't worry me too much. He's actually netter than my neighbours kids who used the bonnet as a slide when I parked outside for a while.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
My car lives in my back garden with my almost 2 year old has full access to it so that doesn't worry me too much. He's actually netter than my neighbours kids who used the bonnet as a slide when I parked outside for a while.

My own kids respect cars and I trust them too but other people’s kids not so much lol.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Portrush this morning. 😭

DF248FA7-A227-460D-9A72-C20E7AFFA0B6.jpeg
878CAF21-10BD-47F1-994D-CF27999EBE52.jpeg

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
It’s just the whole **** everyone else attitude that’s so prevalent with relation to parking. Partly it’s because they know that they’ll not get a ticket and probably have enough ££ not to worry if the car is marked. I notice it more and more with people parking more on the pavement vs proportion of car on the road; closer to junctions; and in front of other’s houses rather than their own ( I know, i know it’s not illegal... but even so) and more people not using their driveways and parking on road. Is this last one becoming more common - I’m sure it wasn’t as common 5-10 years ago? Look back at Google Streetview to see that change...
On street parking does my head in. People on my street have driveways but don’t use them through laziness

little they may know that their car parked diagonally on the pavement on the corner is dangerous and potential for a collision or damage to their car

I have a driveway, but its not used for the car (at present) we need to do some groundwork at some stage to allow it to be usable a the front. It is that narrow I can get the car in at present and can get the drivers door open, that's it and only if I park at certain places. Maybe not so much the case with new build driveways, but older houses tend to have driveways suitable to smaller cars of that era, and may not be as practical as it looks.

Simon83

RMS Regular
24B3A61F-2AB3-4D78-96CF-7C069A5C38E1.jpeg

Dropping the missus of at Ards shopping centre and noticed this Polo facing the wrong way in the drive through Petrol station

Faaast

RMS Regular
View attachment 306149
Dropping the missus of at Ards shopping centre and noticed this Polo facing the wrong way in the drive through Petrol station
Asda Ards petrol station is a joke/nightmare. Only recently rebuilt and yet they managed to made it too narrow, too awkward to enter and exit and very poorly signed. Tried it a couple of times when it reopened and said 'never again!' 0/10. FAIL. 😡

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Anyone parked at an Asda fuel pump is nuts, the quality of their fuel is shocking.

The quality of their fuel is fine and meets the respective BS for petrol and diesel. It does not have the fancy additive packages of say, BP, but the base fuel itself is sound.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I found maxol gets more mpg than Tesco.
also found back in the day Sainsbury’s super lasted longer and made my e36 m3 run very well.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Fast forward 50 years, will they be taking about different brands of electricity and how you get more miles out of one than another. "I think you'll find that renewable electricity is much more self righteous than nuclear electricity etc"
Actually, those comedy conversations are happening already. 🤦‍♂️

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Big deal, they meet “minimum standards”. That doesn’t mean it’s of a high quality.

Nor can you infer it's of low quality. It's the same base fuel to all pumps. If Asda's was suspect in any way, there'd be widespread coverage of it rather than anecdotes.

There's always stories of X told me their car runs better on this or Y hates that. That's all they are, stories. If there's anything quantitively that shows their fuel is somehow inferior or poor quality I'd love to see it. ASDA at least have never had any debacles like say, a trusted brand like Shell, who had to pull Formula Shell from the UK market.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Nor can you infer it's of low quality. It's the same base fuel to all pumps. If Asda's was suspect in any way, there'd be widespread coverage of it rather than anecdotes.

There's always stories of X told me their car runs better on this or Y hates that. That's all they are, stories. If there's anything quantitively that shows their fuel is somehow inferior or poor quality I'd love to see it. ASDA at least have never had any debacles like say, a trusted brand like Shell, who had to pull Formula Shell from the UK market.
5th gear carried out a test on quite a few fuel suppliers years ago, Asda came out bottom of the pile.

I acknowledge that your average person driving an average car probably won't notice the difference, but I would rather put a quality fuel in my car, it makes no sense to me to put the worst option available in my car just to save a few pence.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Fast forward 50 years, will they be taking about different brands of electricity and how you get more miles out of one than another. "I think you'll find that renewable electricity is much more self righteous than nuclear electricity etc"
Actually, those comedy conversations are happening already. 🤦‍♂️
Waits patiently for the "mines gas generated which is better than your steam generated electricity" :joy:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
5th gear carried out a test on quite a few fuel suppliers years ago, Asda came out bottom of the pile.

I acknowledge that your average person driving an average car probably won't notice the difference, but I would rather put a quality fuel in my car, it makes no sense to me to put the worst option available in my car just to save a few pence.

Ah the world acclaimed scientific research agency, 5th gear. Say no more.