What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Make it happen!

Extremely harsh comparing it to a Mondial though!
I personally really like them but a lot of people feel very strongly in the opposite!!

I'm hanging fire to see if covid and brexit will do me a favour for a change. Have to work on the boss too, her initial reaction was one of disgust. You'd have thought I'd suggested I got a second wife never mind a car... Apparently they are tacky, ostentatious and mid life crisis fodder....buying her off may cost more than servicing the damn thing.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Agree. Some cars need it. Like ridiculous powered GTRs, GT3RS, RS6 etc. Because you really need both hands on the wheel. But in everyday driving, normal cars, they would bore the tits off me.

Some folks say they're good for the daily commute, I disagree. I think my commute is only semi bearable because I enjoy the car that I drive.
Used to think the same, now I'm crying out for an auto, especially with city / town driving. I cant be bothered with clutching and between 1-3 gears for most of the time and ques.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Nowhere near as expensive as I thought they'd be.... 2+2 as well which is a plus. Bit of the modern day mondiale in terms of being unloved but I personally like the big haunches. Same engine as the 430, looks modern inside.
You've me looking at these again FFS!

Black looks good as I sometimes think a red Ferrari is just too showy but..................is a California rally that good a car? On paper its very close to an M3 E93 DCT only its 3 times the price! Its a Ferrari though :heart_eyes:

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
You've me looking at these again FFS!

Black looks good as I sometimes think a red Ferrari is just too showy but..................is a California rally that good a car? On paper its very close to an M3 E93 DCT only its 3 times the price! Its a Ferrari though :heart_eyes:
Need to be black or grey for me. Don't think they look right in red and a bit footballers wives in white. I'm only interested in something that's an event to look at and drive. Something I'd want to spend my time cleaning. It probably wouldn't get 2000 miles on it in a year. No bmw meets that criterion except the i8 but back seats will help the hard sell to the mrs.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Used to think the same, now I'm crying out for an auto, especially with city / town driving. I cant be bothered with clutching and between 1-3 gears for most of the time and ques.

To be fair a MX5 is one of the exceptions. 350Z would be another. They just don't work as auto's. Everything else inbetween depends on the car tbf

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
To be fair a MX5 is one of the exceptions. 350Z would be another. They just don't work as auto's. Everything else inbetween depends on the car tbf
Big saloons suit auto nicely. 'Sports cars' and fun hatchbacks not so much. All very subjective though!

Elephant in the room is the BMW smg box which can either be great or utter ***** and no real in between 😂

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Need to be black or grey for me. Don't think they look right in red and a bit footballers wives in white. I'm only interested in something that's an event to look at and drive. Something I'd want to spend my time cleaning. It probably wouldn't get 2000 miles on it in a year. No bmw meets that criterion except the i8 but back seats will help the hard sell to the mrs.
If you want something that's an event to look at and drive I'd consider a Lotus, I've got one. I'm just thinking what 3rd car I'd like as I'm not for selling the lotus. I fear the California might be a disappointment in reality whereas I'm sure a 458 wouldn't be!

Or should I just severely upgrade the Golf GTI to an F80 M3 Competition ........

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
E
If you want something that's an event to look at and drive I'd consider a Lotus, I've got one. I'm just thinking what 3rd car I'd like as I'm not for selling the lotus. I fear the California might be a disappointment in reality whereas I'm sure a 458 wouldn't be!

Or should I just severely upgrade the Golf GTI to an F80 M3 Competition ........
Evora S 2+2 is it's main competition, probably more likely to happen tbh unless I get divorced due to unforseen circumstances.
If nothing else the california has done a great job at making almost anything else seem more appealing to my wife and thus easier bought!

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
E

Evora S 2+2 is it's main competition, probably more likely to happen tbh unless I get divorced due to unforseen circumstances.
If nothing else the california has done a great job at making almost anything else seem more appealing to my wife and thus easier bought!

The trouble with the Lotus is that it’s not a Ferrari and if you bought the Lotus - no matter how goods or bad it is...you’ll always be wondering what the Ferrari is like in comparison...so just buy the Ferrari and let me have a go please

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Nowhere near as expensive as I thought they'd be.... 2+2 as well which is a plus. Bit of the modern day mondiale in terms of being unloved but I personally like the big haunches. Same engine as the 430, looks modern inside.
It would be a great experience to have and drive and I think the horsesh1t about it being the modern Mondial is utter crap. The main thing is, how do you see yourself using it and would you use it as a daily? I can't think about buying something that I can't use at least regularly. Would be a great machine to do the NC500 for example, having the foldable hardtop would be great for the sh1t days and tops aff for the good days. 👌

Buy it and lend me it for a week lol. Alternatively, buy a Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2/3rd's of a Cali engine, 2 turbos, 4 doors, happy wife..

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
E

Forgiveness is easier got than permission, however another option is to start leaving sports bike monthly lying around the house and talk about something going on the "back wheel till 180" etc. She'll be begging you to buy the Ferrari.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Forgiveness is easier got than permission, however another option is to start leaving sports bike monthly lying around the house and talk about something going on the "back wheel till 180" etc. She'll be begging you to buy the Ferrari.

I like your style.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I like your style.

lol I think it would be the best option if something a bit special was in the works. To be honest I land home in something and see if she notices. Most of the time she either doesn't notice or care.

Last year I picked her up from work in the XJ6 and she walked straight past me in it. When she eventually got in she said "oh this is nice - when did you get this?"

Eh about 18 months ago love... it was sat at the house all last summer!!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
lol I think it would be the best option if something a bit special was in the works. To be honest I land home in something and see if she notices. Most of the time she either doesn't notice or care.

Last year I picked her up from work in the XJ6 and she walked straight past me in it. When she eventually got in she said "oh this is nice - when did you get this?"

Eh about 18 months ago love... it was sat at the house all last summer!!

Anyone that surprised Mrs Coog has eyesight issues?

(Says me, the oil painting)