What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
lol I think it would be the best option if something a bit special was in the works. To be honest I land home in something and see if she notices. Most of the time she either doesn't notice or care.

Last year I picked her up from work in the XJ6 and she walked straight past me in it. When she eventually got in she said "oh this is nice - when did you get this?"

Eh about 18 months ago love... it was sat at the house all last summer!!

suppose they all feel the same with a white stick. How she not notice a xj6 lol.

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
I suggested to my other half that she should visit her parents for the weekend. Then drove round to Ford next morning and bought the Bullitt 😇

And made sure the H-pipe was fitted before she set foot in it 😂

Always better to just do it and then say “what do you think”, they get used to it eventually and just shake their head.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Forgiveness is easier got than permission, however another option is to start leaving sports bike monthly lying around the house and talk about something going on the "back wheel till 180" etc. She'll be begging you to buy the Ferrari.
I've my bike license longer than my car licence and it was a minor miracle I defeated darwinism by surviving those 2 years I was on bikes in my late teens.
It would be a great experience to have and drive and I think the horsesh1t about it being the modern Mondial is utter crap. The main thing is, how do you see yourself using it and would you use it as a daily? I can't think about buying something that I can't use at least regularly. Would be a great machine to do the NC500 for example, having the foldable hardtop would be great for the sh1t days and tops aff for the good days. 👌

Buy it and lend me it for a week lol. Alternatively, buy a Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2/3rd's of a Cali engine, 2 turbos, 4 doors, happy wife..
This would be purely for trips away, sunny Sundays and for looking at and cleaning. No chance it would be going near work. I'd be telling nobody I had it. An alfa would have 90 percent of the Ferrari worry, double the depreciation, most of the cost and half the joy. We'll see how things pan out this spring and summer. After 18 months that has been fairly grim with at least 2 holidays expenditure saved there will be some leeway for a "screw it life's too short" purchase.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
suppose they all feel the same with a white stick. How she not notice a xj6 lol.

There's a number of cars rotate every few months and more frequently over summer, so in fairness she often forgets what I've got and what's been sold on, etc. The jag was a clinker because it was so hard to miss. 9/10 times she also assumes that car not on drive after X months means it's sold, when it's not lol

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
I couldn't imagine having to seek permission from the missus. I could buy and land home with anything and not a single negative word would be said about it. Now if I landed home with 21 year old Katrina from accounts, there would be a few heated words, but I'm sure we could all be adults and agree for Katrina to wash the dishes.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
There's a number of cars rotate every few months and more frequently over summer, so in fairness she often forgets what I've got and what's been sold on, etc. The jag was a clinker because it was so hard to miss. 9/10 times she also assumes that car not on drive after X months means it's sold, when it's not lol

lol. Off site storage.
clever though if she reckons it’s gone it’s sold, helps manage the problem I guess.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I need a remote working space lol, I was doing fine until sometime 2 years ago and the Mrs came out to the garage to get me for my tea as I had missed her texts. All I heard from the top end of the garage was "There's SIX f'ing cars in here!! WTF?" Oops. 🤦‍♂️

My reply was something along the lines of, what did you think a garage this size was for? Followed by weeks of peace and quiet lol.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I couldn't imagine having to seek permission from the missus. I could buy and land home with anything and not a single negative word would be said about it. Now if I landed home with 21 year old Katrina from accounts, there would be a few heated words, but I'm sure we could all be adults and agree for Katrina to wash the dishes.

she might object if you say your off to put a load in the dishwasher though

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I've my bike license longer than my car licence and it was a minor miracle I defeated darwinism by surviving those 2 years I was on bikes in my late teens.

This would be purely for trips away, sunny Sundays and for looking at and cleaning. No chance it would be going near work. I'd be telling nobody I had it. An alfa would have 90 percent of the Ferrari worry, double the depreciation, most of the cost and half the joy. We'll see how things pan out this spring and summer. After 18 months that has been fairly grim with at least 2 holidays expenditure saved there will be some leeway for a "screw it life's too short" purchase.
Fair play, that would be my thinking, a Giulia for day to day driving is a waste and a depreciation landmine. Much better to have something tasty for trips and treats. Keep something dull as dishwater for the day to day stuff and that will encourage you to use the toy.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
I don't give a fiddlers if she buys a nice pair of shoes or a handbag but might like some say in a purchase in the magnitude of say a house deposit and a few years mortgage payment. Maybe we are odd like that.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
This is the one traded into work. Diesel, Auto and driven to the moon, in theory its everything I dont want... But I still kind of want it. It looks cool. Not the tidiest body work but drives well. Going to throw it on a ramp tomorrow and see what she's like. If she checks out I'll probably be taking it for gits and shiggles.

20210112_174928.jpg
20210112_175134.jpg

20210112_104237.jpg
20210112_104137.jpg

Gambit

RMS Regular
This is the one traded into work. Diesel, Auto and driven to the moon, in theory its everything I dont want... But I still kind of want it. It looks cool. Not the tidiest body work but drives well. Going to throw it on a ramp tomorrow and see what she's like. If she checks out I'll probably be taking it for gits and shiggles.

View attachment 308485View attachment 308486
View attachment 308487View attachment 308488
Interior looks to be clean enough given you saying it has moon mileage, would expect driverside seat upright bolster to be well worn at least.

Looks decent enough usually see well rusted arches on them etc

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34

View attachment 308485View attachment 308486
View attachment 308487View attachment 308488
That looks pretty decent, and if it's cheap enough it'd be a great and comfortable runabout.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around

Thanks to your earlier post I watched a few Youtube vids on the Cali.

One guys take was interesting and honest.........he's had a lot of Porsches abut always wanted a Ferrari so he sold his 991.1 turbo and bought a red California. His summation after a year is that he never leaves it anywhere for unwanted attention, doesn't like taking it into the town as it stands out too much, gets 15mpg, the warranty is £3800 pa and when he asked how so much as his 991.1 Turbo was £980 the dealer said 'because we are Ferrari' :laughing:. The warranty is advisable as a gearbox is £15k and an engine is £30k!!!!!

and......................he missed Porsches so much he bought an old 2.7 Cayman during the year to run with it which he says is better to drive but does say the Ferrari engine makes a fantastic noise!!!

He's happy he's owned a Ferrari but thinks he will sell soon and you really are just paying for the badge. Really its what I thought. An E93 M3 DCT would be better in reality but most of us have dreams of a Ferrari and that's that.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular

One guys take was interesting and honest.........he's had a lot of Porsches abut always wanted a Ferrari so he sold his 991.1 turbo and bought a red California. His summation after a year is that he never leaves it anywhere for unwanted attention, doesn't like taking it into the town as it stands out too much, gets 15mpg, the warranty is £3800 pa and when he asked how so much as his 991.1 Turbo was £980 the dealer said 'because we are Ferrari' :laughing:. The warranty is advisable as a gearbox is £15k and an engine is £30k!!!!!

and......................he missed Porsches so much he bought an old 2.7 Cayman during the year to run with it which he says is better to drive but does say the Ferrari engine makes a fantastic noise!!!

He's happy he's owned a Ferrari but thinks he will sell soon and you really are just paying for the badge. Really its what I thought. An E93 M3 DCT would be better in reality but most of us have dreams of a Ferrari and that's that.
I suspect I could well be similar. Definitely a purchase from the heart rather than the head. Just whether it's better to regret owning one rather than never owning one.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I suspect I could well be similar. Definitely a purchase from the heart rather than the head. Just whether it's better to regret owning one rather than never owning one.
I've been looking at them on and off for 3 years so I need not say more.

The car that makes lots of sense at not much more money is a 911 GT3 of any era, I drove a 991.1 GT3 one day many moons ago and still remember it well :heart_eyes:

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I've been looking at them on and off for 3 years so I need not say more.

The car that makes lots of sense at not much more money is a 911 GT3 of any era, I drove a 991.1 GT3 one day many moons ago and still remember it well :heart_eyes:
GT3 over a California all day long

Gambit

RMS Regular

and on the flip side, my sisters partner bought himself a Ferrari California T about 18mths ago after working his way up through Cayman, i8, r8, Aston Martin x2, Bentley and other stuff over the years and he absolutely loves the Ferrari but that was always his end game to own a Ferrari. He wont be leaving the Ferrari stable anytime soon. The Ferrari is the Sunday, weekend driver as @hutchy_belfast describes.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
I'd have thought they were quite different propositions, a GT3 is surely the ultimate road legal track toy with reasonable road manners, and fairly stable residuals/resale... Lots of independents, lots of advice...

To most people it's 'just' a 911, nice enough car etc but pretty much any Ferrari would be in a different league in terms of heart overvhead to me.

Doesn't mean it would necessarily be 'better' but as an occasion and to look at, and the cabin.... There would be zero comparison to me!

IF however I wanted a car to track.. maybe Spa, ring etc.. a GT3 would be perfect... I personally see little sense in a GT3 to go to Portrush for an ice-cream or a cars n coffee meet! But each to their own