We buy any car - what a massive difference in price in 4 months..

Darren91

RMS Regular
Offered £14,000 on a car, inspected and guaranteed, trade was £13,000

A main dealer on Boucher has given £14,800 for it as a part-ex, I thought WBAC was the way to go but glad we didn’t!

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Offered £14,000 on a car, inspected and guaranteed, trade was £13,000

A main dealer on Boucher has given £14,800 for it as a part-ex, I thought WBAC was the way to go but glad we didn’t!
It’s just a mind game when it come to a trade in price IMO
On one hand they will give you a great trade in price but less of a discount on your new car, or they will switch them numbers for a bigger discount but less trade in price. Either way their still probably making the same.
As I say it’s just a numbers game to trick the mind lol
But at ye end of the day if you leave happy that’s all that matters 👍

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I wouldn’t bother wasting your time going to Bavarian for a price on their scheme anyway. My brother in law filled in their form online and the guy phoned to make an appointment. He told them WBAC had offered £39500 and they would need to be offering in the same ballpark to not waste his time etc. He went down and the guy offered £35k, and followed up by saying “so which of our cars would you like to purchase”.

J55NI

RMS Regular
I wouldn’t bother wasting your time going to Bavarian for a price on their scheme anyway. My brother in law filled in their form online and the guy phoned to make an appointment. He told them WBAC had offered £39500 and they would need to be offering in the same ballpark to not waste his time etc. He went down and the guy offered £35k, and followed up by saying “so which of our cars would you like to purchase”.
That's wild , Did they give a reason for such a difference in the WBAC price?

Dave..

RMS Regular
I got a price for the wifes Countryman in Mini Boucher who we know very well and they were £2k less than WBAC, crazy.

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
I remember similar carry on from Bavarian.when I was selling my 330 to get my m240 Bavarian where offering me less.went to country garage they offered me more money without trying plus matching the discount of coast 2 coast.Bavarian freaked and matched it.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I did a valuation there a month or more ago it came in at £3.5k got an email today about an increased offer. They offered a whole £65 more 😆
5F63C7B5-3BF5-4438-897E-87E6937E3847.png

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I tried same...first time it went up by £80, I ignored the rest as they'd need to add another £3k to get anywhere near close.

AC

RMS Regular
Do they end up giving you the advertised price though if the car is in good condition?

Thinking of using them to shift the wife’s old car as I’ve had no biters and they are offering decent money.

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
Anyone used motorway.co? Online quite for the C300 is almost identical to wbac.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Just checked the wifes 2018 Countryman and it is now at £18k - Bavarian offered me £15k :worried:, if it keeps climbing we will soon be getting rid of it.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Could get £2k more for the Cayenne than it cost me. Thing is everything else is mental money, so it’s all relative.
We would sell her car and get something like an estate that would take a sideboard etc. Handier than the big van for some deliveries.

Dave..

RMS Regular
So I checked, WBAC, Agnews car buyer and Hurst car buyer and they all offered £18000 for our 2018 Countryman auto.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
So I checked, WBAC, Agnews car buyer and Hurst car buyer and they all offered £18000 for our 2018 Countryman auto.
if its under 60k miles try this, a friend sold his to them recently, got a great and they even came and picked it up.

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
Just stuck my reg into WBAC out of curiosity. I bought a 2018 Skoda Karoq in May from a Skoda dealer and WBAC are offering more than I paid.

Mental!

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Same with the wife’s 2018 Tucson, but as has been said, replacing it will cost more too unless anyone can hold tight to see if they start to drop again. Personally I can’t see that happening for a while..