Trevor the Sagaris

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
I remember years back when you had the Evo with anti lag (before pops and bangs were a thing really) and I recently had purchased my S3 and had it mapped. We were all heading to Bangor I think and over my music I could hear the bangs, thought my car was dying then realised it was you lol

Those were the days...

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
looked a great trip Phil, car looks stunning as usual.

Cheers Bronko..I was slightly apprehensive about the miles it was going to be doing but I needn't have worried. It was belter of a trip. Even managed to wade through some floods without any issues.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't think you need to worry too much about doing miles in the Sagaris. That and the T350 seemed a bit better put together than the older cars.

Great to see him put to proper use and through his paces :cool:

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
Don't think you need to worry too much about doing miles in the Sagaris. That and the T350 seemed a bit better put together than the older cars.

Great to see him put to proper use and through his paces :cool:

The later cars were definitely screwed together better. No point having it if I am not going to use it.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
What a car. :cool: (y):heart_eyes:

Always had a thing for the Sagaris, my favourite TVR without doubt. Very cool. The raw driving experience sounds very like the RB-Z.

My problem is that my RB-Z cost me a lot more than it would to buy a Sagaris, but since I'll never sell it all the money I might put into a car like this is tied up. Perhaps eventually I'll be able to save up enough to buy myself another expensive car for my collection. Definitely my kind of car though.

Random one, but they probably have the mot beautiful boot hinges I've seen.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
Warming up for a night run on Wednesday, properly love this thing.

5123079F-2B06-4513-9A36-CC0C3907C347.jpeg
F005EB72-9E24-4051-A29A-0A3349D5041D.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
He will keep you on your toes in this cold weather, I had wheel spin in fourth in the Honda yesterday 😅

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
I hate that run in my A6, wouldn’t fancy it in a TVR!

The wife is from west cork, have done that drive more times than I care to think about, it’s boring until you get past cork, but believe it or not the sag on the motorway is surprisingly relaxing, pootle along 70-80 quite happily..now it’s a TVR so I am constantly checking oil temp and pressure which keeps me occupied lol

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
Another cracking trip in the Sag, beat down to Blarney on Friday, Out to west cork on Saturday then onto the ring of Kerry on Sunday. Quick spin up to Kilkenny on Sunday evening and back home today.. Bar some icy roads last night heading towards Kilkenny everything went without a hitch, some fantastic scenery and we were joined by numerous different cars, from a stunning Esprit turbo, AMG GTc to a couple of Tvr Wedges, Vx220..

IMG_2984.JPEG
IMG_2988.JPEG
IMG_2989.JPEG
IMG_2993.JPEG
IMG_2994.JPEG
IMG_2996.JPEG
IMG_2997.JPEG
IMG_2998.JPEG
IMG_3023.JPEG
IMG_3025.JPEG
IMG_3093.JPEG
IMG_3098.JPEG

Last edited:

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
The Gap of Dunloe?

One of the nicest places I have ever been to in my life...

It's some thrill trying to navigate your way through it!

The very one !! Its an interesting drive that's for sure !!

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
The very one !! Its an interesting drive that's for sure !!

I was in a Q5, thinking I was going well when this Nissan Juke came up behind me quickly and I done the mannerly thing and pulled into a gap and let it by. The lady must have been 55, flying and obviously knew it like the back of her hand. Within minutes she was gone out of sight.

It's interesting as you say, lots of blind crests and tight clenching done by the time you get to the bottom lol

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
I was in a Q5, thinking I was going well when this Nissan Juke came up behind me quickly and I done the mannerly thing and pulled into a gap and let it by. The lady must have been 55, flying and obviously knew it like the back of her hand. Within minutes she was gone out of sight.

It's interesting as you say, lots of blind crests and tight clenching done by the time you get to the bottom lol
Did it last year as a passenger in an x5 - fair to say a nappy was nearly needed.

Great pics

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
I can’t imagine going up in a Q5 or X5..it’s right and tight even for my wee car.. not being able to see the road as you crest it’s very disconcerting..

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
It's class through the gap, I did it in a really crappy car something like 30 years ago, glad it had no power tbh although it was still fun.
Great to see this being properly used, brilliant!