Cars You Don't Like

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Daewoo Lanos - owned one during a very difficult financial time here in the US. Had it 6 months and it broke all the time. Not once did I wash it.

Saturn Vue - absolute heap of dung. Weird feeling from the rear although that may have been specific to the one we had.

I don’t usually indulge in the “anything ….” type of statement because most manufacturers have at least one machine that is decent but generally anything American that I have driven has been cheap and plastic and very underwhelming.

overall car selection here is ***** especially as hot hatches don’t really exist here.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Daewoo Lanos - owned one during a very difficult financial time here in the US. Had it 6 months and it broke all the time. Not once did I wash it.

Saturn Vue - absolute heap of dung. Weird feeling from the rear although that may have been specific to the one we had.

I don’t usually indulge in the “anything ….” type of statement because most manufacturers have at least one machine that is decent but generally anything American that I have driven has been cheap and plastic and very underwhelming.

overall car selection here is ***** especially as hot hatches don’t really exist here.

i loved my lanos it had a v6 vaux engine lol

redxl77

RMS Regular
Also, Fords. Some models look a bit toad-like.
Vans with racing stripes. wtf
(4 door) saloons unless nicely shaped
Higher end/bigger examples of modern pickups, just so big and vulgar. Like the Ranger raptor
Any new electric car because the next model will probably have a better range
911 996s, fried egg headlights, just look washed out now.
Contemporary Mini coopers when the bonnet is up, groovy baby
Any car with a passenger who holds their hand/arm out of the wide open window
Jaguar s-types with tinted windows.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Also, Fords. Some models look a bit toad-like.
Vans with racing stripes. wtf

Mine came with them, being a sport, what’s wrong with a racy looking van? Helps it stand out and does my business no harm :grinning:

FBAB30B7-A92E-4964-90B6-82DC5CD7E54B.jpeg

redxl77

RMS Regular
As they are work vehicles, the strips can look out of place. But also because they look racy I'd expect the typical driver to be have the traits of a white van man.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Most small SUV things that are just hatchbacks on stilts. Q3, Ford EcoSport, Evoque, etc.
Citroen cactus
Most Vauxhall with particular hate toward the insignia.
The Nissan Micra from about 2006 I think. Sort of like a fiat 500 shape.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I'll go forward seems everyone is going back, Nissan leaf, Renault zoe. Probably all the electric coming out due to mileage. Going from weekly fills to charging daily or more is bs imo.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I think the only car I've ever driven that I fully 100% hated was my folks' 2017 (I think) Insignia. They bought it brand new for far too much money and it had windey windows in the back. I drove it to a friend's wedding in Cork and was tempted to get the train home
I drove one for the first time a few weeks ago. While it wasn’t going to have me fizzing with excitement, the only real fault I found was that at night, the dials reflected off the windscreen at night. How was that not noticed during development???

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I'll go forward seems everyone is going back, Nissan leaf, Renault zoe. Probably all the electric coming out due to mileage. Going from weekly fills to charging daily or more is bs imo.
You only think it’s a hassle. Assuming you have a drive of course! And a tethered charge point at home is essential. Then it’s literally get out of the car, open the ‘petrol’ flap, lift the cable and plug into the car. I don’t actually pass a filling station on my commute so I find filling up a pita

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
You only think it’s a hassle. Assuming you have a drive of course! And a tethered charge point at home is essential. Then it’s literally get out of the car, open the ‘petrol’ flap, lift the cable and plug into the car. I don’t actually pass a filling station on my commute so I find filling up a pita
My other half lives out of range for both the above giving some of the figures quoted on here. Essentially I'd have to stop half way to charge (unsure of time frame for charging them) I'd what so of wab would I look like pulling up at her house trying to run and extension lead into the house 🤣 to do any further driving.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Probably going against popular opinion but I can’t take to the new Kia/Hyundai electric cars.
They look absolutely pants!!!

The only electric car I’ve warmed to is the VW id5.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Probably going against popular opinion but I can’t take to the new Kia/Hyundai electric cars.

I thought the ionic 5 looked cool until I saw it in the flesh and it’s awful. I’ve only seen it in this terrible bronze sort of finish which I think makes it look cheap.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Yeah I think they’re pretty hectic looking too. And going by nearly every other Hyundai / Kia ever produced they will age poorly as well.

Daniel

RMS Regular
OP
Daniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
The only electric cars i think look half way decent are the Taycan and that Audi ETron GT thing (The A5 looking one)😂 .. besides that, there are no other electric cars i can think of that are good looking.

I feel like the designers watched old programs from the 70s/80s of what cars might look like in the future and based their design off that😂 .. some just look too futuristic for no apparent reason. Why can't they just look like normal cars that happen to be electric 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Golf GTI. Not as spacious as you'd think, too full of soul.

( I jest, I do like those).

The Hyundai and Kia EV's are absolutely massive as well.

Last edited: