Cars You Don't Like

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
Has to be the Kia Sportage. I had one as a hire car and it was dreadful worst thing I’ve driven and I’ve driven some sh1te. Dunno about NI but in England stay out of the road of them, bought by folk who can’t drive.
The slogan should be: The Sportage a car bought by Cnuts. I hate them.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Everything Vauxhall is awesome up until about 1998 then all sh!t after.

I'd love to have my 03 Astra GSi turbo back. Probably the last half decent Vauxhall.

gsi_zps958c3e50.jpg

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Always liked them too, they go and sound great with a few mods.

This one had been given the Courtenay treatment by the owner before me and had a long list of mods, went like stink too. It featured in Total Vauxhall magazine. Wish I'd have locked it away. They were a rare enough sight at time, like hens teeth now.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
any Golf - I just find them boring and all the same

E type jag - don’t get it at all

new Defender - it’s not a Defender

wouldn’t life be boring if we all liked the same

Liked for E-Type.
Renault Captur

have one on hire here and it’s absolutely dreadful. Can’t see the sat nav screen, no twisty volume knob on the radio, seat backs have bunjee chord pockets on the back that the boys love to kick, horrific underpowered and surprisingly thirsty engine, air con broken and it’s barely a year old.

I had my first hire car in over a year this week, Vauxhall Crossland X. Horrendous. Had a 6hr round trip to do too 😰

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Renault Captur

have one on hire here and it’s absolutely dreadful. Can’t see the sat nav screen, no twisty volume knob on the radio, seat backs have bunjee chord pockets on the back that the boys love to kick, horrific underpowered and surprisingly thirsty engine, air con broken and it’s barely a year old.

Is it from Portadown with a handbrake that has been attacked by a dog?

56oval

RMS Regular
Morris minors and their Hanson mmm bwaarp exhaust note 🙈

Anything with dsg,dct and a performance exhaust. Congratulations you've just made your car sound like a boring school teacher 🤣

Last edited:

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
I

I drove your fast clio...................... I stand by my previous statement 😜
I do like the 16v and Williams
16v clios are awesome, had 2 back in the day, most comfortable seats EVER to be put into a car and for an old clio they were ep3 quick.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
I generally don't like much French stuff myself but I have a major soft spot for a 106 Rallye/GTI.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Working on VWs for the past 10 years, I really wouldn’t want to own one. Nothing to do with the issues I see, in fact they are probably one of the easiest cars out there to work on, but the fact I find every single bloody seat in them far too hard and uncomfortable. Hate having to take them down the motorway for regens or out for extended rattle finding test drives, my lower back is just 🪦💀

redxl77

RMS Regular
E46 BMWs, especially if (Hockenheim?) silver. Haven't used this word for a while, but they give a steaky vibe. (Sorry, may as well get my account here deleted :laughing: )
Golf R, Audi s3, no need for the 4 tailpipes, a bit chav.
Contemporary BMW 7 series, don't like the rear. They conjure up images of 2000-era Nokia phones for business users.
Felt spec VAGs
ssangyoungs, Hyundais
Seat Leon mk2
Land Rover products from 2005 onwards
Vauxhalls

Last edited:

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I think the only car I've ever driven that I fully 100% hated was my folks' 2017 (I think) Insignia. They bought it brand new for far too much money and it had windey windows in the back. I drove it to a friend's wedding in Cork and was tempted to get the train home

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I was parked beside some sort of c4 recently and looked at it going that’s actually really nice. It was a nice colour combo and didn’t have the big bumper door things on it. I did think to myself driving away what’s wrong with me 🤣