We buy any car - what a massive difference in price in 4 months..

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Motorway’s price is like the price autotrader tells you your cars worth when u go to post an ad, just a rough valuation. Could be higher or lower than what ur actually offered, most likely higher.

G24NTR

RMS Regular
Desirable motor and limited quantity.

My M3 is 18k with wbac. 45k miles facelift. Place is flooded with M cars everyone selling due to massive insurance hikes.

WBAC offered me £17.5k, Motorway £23k.

Though looking online at prices CAT S/N with 100k are going for £25k.

I'd rather keep my car and turn into complete track rat second car than sell for that.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Oh for sure. It was merely an indication of how the market is fairly saturated and WBAC goes through the floor. I reckon my car is still £28/29k ish private sale. Car brothers recently sold 2 non comps for 32/33 ish.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Used car market slowing down rightly? I'm starting to notice some cars are cheaper than I thought they would be. Also, I've my car up for a week or so (although only added interior pics yesterday), on all the usual websites and thought I had priced it competitively, but I haven't had much interest at all. I would take less for it, but don't want to keep dropping the price and come across desperate.

PAULW

RMS Regular
I found similar, I have an FN2 civic and mine was the cheapest non-categorised in the UK when I looked, I'd only a couple of messages, so I took it down, it would break into more money, wouldn't want to have to sell anything at the minute.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It’s probably the worst time to sell a car, weeks before Christmas, mortgages and cost of borrowing at all time highs. Anyone with money sitting is more likely to be making the most of the high return on interest than buying luxury items/performance toys.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Book prices have been dropping a fair bit since end of summer. I’ve had couple of customers in recently who are £3k worse off than they were a 2/3 months ago (on stuff <£20k).

And anything electric is nearly impossible to price, I’ve seen book prices of <50% at only 12-18 months old!

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Used car market slowing down rightly? I'm starting to notice some cars are cheaper than I thought they would be. Also, I've my car up for a week or so (although only added interior pics yesterday), on all the usual websites and thought I had priced it competitively, but I haven't had much interest at all. I would take less for it, but don't want to keep dropping the price and come across desperate.
It definitely seems to be. I've had the Cayman up for a couple of months now and I've only had two seemingly genuine people come look at it. One wanted a newer one but fancied a look at this, and made me an offer (which I declined), and the other told me he wanted it, but wanted to come back the following day to look at it with his wife then seemingly got offended when I told him I was away in it all day - never heard from him again.

It's sitting in my driveway not really doing anything now so I could do with shifting it on. But, like yourself I don't want to drop the price and seem desperate - I'm not desperate, and it's already well priced.

WBAC and Motorway offering buttons too.

Jason

RMS Regular
Prices are way back, we have stripped thousands off our stock weekly, depressing but think it'll go up again come January.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I think to buy an electric car from new is madness, surely they will drop like a stone.

Wouldn't buy a used EV and I'd guess many others are thinking the same. If it went wrong out of warranty it could cost the same as another car to put right. It's also a terrible time of year to shift cars I guess.

The prices of I-Paces has fallen through the floor, presumably a JLR & EV double whammy. Hurst has one that's dropped £5k and is still sitting.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 09.37.59.png

Across the water ones dropped 7

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 09.40.25.png

5 grand drop on a Mustang E

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 09.42.08.png

Near 10 grand on this E-Tron!

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 09.44.01.png

MG4's seem to be falling too with a few dropping by a couple grand +

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’ll likely be selling the Lotus as I’m going to get a cheap track car instead for next year that I’m not too worried about. I think I’ll hold off until next spring though, probably no point trying to sell it now.

Yeah @Coog I certainly wouldn’t buy used either for the reasons you say. A lease and the NHS one at that was the only way we would ever consider it. I think this will be the last one we will do, it’s a 3 year one and the kids will all be well up by then so a normal sized family saloon or estate should do the job.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I’ll likely be selling the Lotus as I’m going to get a cheap track car instead for next year that I’m not too worried about. I think I’ll hold off until next spring though, probably no point trying to sell it now.
Just bring the Elise to the track, it is what they are for. You don't need to do anything, just drive it over and have fun.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I know that you mean and I’m in 2 minds about it but to me it’s maybe too good or expensive to track (a lot) and I want to do plenty more days next year. Track days are hard on cars there’s no doubt, they get chipped bad especially lotus being so low (it had a respray back in spring before I bought it and has already picked up chips and marks) they get covered in melted rubber too, also if i binned it I’d be in trouble. The cash could be used elsewhere at home and if I get a few quid left to buy something cheap and modify it, drive the stones off it and not worry about it.

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
There’s not many 111R for a sale. A few on the classifieds in England. Anything from mostly around 25k+, maybe a bit ambitious at that money. I’d not be looking that, if I got my money back I’d be happy enough.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I know that you mean and I’m in 2 minds about it but to me it’s maybe too good or expensive to track (a lot) and I want to do plenty more days next year. Track days are hard on cars there’s no doubt, they get chipped bad especially lotus being so low (it had a respray back in spring before I bought it and has already picked up chips and marks) they get covered in melted rubber too, also if i binned it I’d be in trouble. The cash could be used elsewhere at home and if I get a few quid left to buy something cheap and modify it, drive the stones off it and not worry about it.

I did 10-15 trackdays a year in mine for a long time. Things like brakes tyres last the best part of a season (just watch rear tyres and front brake pads). All you spend is fuel.

That's light weight for you!

Don't worry about stone chips, you get them on the road too. There is not a Lotus on the planet without several shades of whatever colour they came in, lol. At least not ones that have actually been used more than once a year for an MoT. And the latter ones usually have blisters all over and lacquer peel instead from having been sat under a tarpaulin somewhere melting away.

Just use your car, it's what it is for. As long as you are sensible and don't go all Colin Mc Rae it will be fine. It's your car, enjoy it the way you want to 😇

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Looking for an RS4 at the minute but waiting for another bit until prices take their seasonal hit. £4k off this one in 2 months. Going to hold out and see if they come below the £45k mark.

1700150521926.png

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Looking for an RS4 at the minute but waiting for another bit until prices take their seasonal hit. £4k off this one in 2 months. Going to hold out and see if they come below the £45k mark.

View attachment 417180
My C43 is out of MB warranty next summer and I’m watching E63 S values drop like a stone. The temptation is real.